Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When melee 3.0 hits and melee rivens get new dispos, what dispos do you guys think certain weapons will have?

birdobash

Since I love to guess, my guess is that they'll do the  rebalancing first, possibly in a few steps, and with very few or even zero disposition changes.  After that releases and percolates for a while, they'll do a real melee dispo review.

While it wouldn't completely flabbergast me if they did it all at once, breaking it up into those steps and giving players, the meta, and the market some time to adjust seems more their MO.  There are a lot of moving parts, and maybe more than they've really talked about--for example mod and damage type overhauls.

edit:  I didn't really answer the question though.  So the answer is:  all your--yes, I'm talking to you, the person reading this--all your favorite melee weapon rivens will be sent careening into the heart of the sun by Thor's nerfhammer.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, birdobash said:

what else do you think?

The salt generated will be just nice for my popcorn. 

I'm expecting a lot of tears on how DE is ruining the game, how DE has no respect for player's plat investment, how said player's time farming Kuva and investing into said riven means nothing, and the many calls for DE to recompensate them for the loss they feel they have suffered. 

Almost as if it was said that rivens will remain static, and not subject to disposition changes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, birdobash said:

Kripath will definitely see a riven nerf, dokhram too, a lot of the other zaws will probably stay neutral or go up. Gram will likely see a big fall, what else do you think?

It depends on precisely how the math works. Plague Zaws probably receive less overall community usage than other weapons given how time-limited they are. According to the wiki, plaguestar has happened 4 times since 2017, 

2 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

The salt generated will be just nice for my popcorn. 

I'm expecting a lot of tears on how DE is ruining the game, how DE has no respect for player's plat investment, how said player's time farming Kuva and investing into said riven means nothing, and the many calls for DE to recompensate them for the loss they feel they have suffered. 

Almost as if it was said that rivens will remain static, and not subject to disposition changes. 

Lol that's why we all say don't invest in rivens and expect you'll get what you paid for them. They did the same when exodia contagion/ covert got patched, and every time a riven they like gets dropped.

In the end they'll just buy another one for a new meta-breaking prime riven, complain when it gets nuked, and buy more plat. The circle of salt will never lose its entertainment value!

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Lol that's why we all say don't invest in rivens and expect you'll get what you paid for them. They did the same when exodia contagion/ covert got patched, and every time a riven they like gets dropped.

In the end they'll just buy another one for a new meta-breaking prime riven, complain when it gets nuked, and buy more plat. The circle of salt will never lose its entertainment value!

I would say, invest in rivens only so much as your time goes farming Kuva and getting a roll to either keep or sell. 

I got an angry PM from someone I sold a riven to before Wukong Prime dropped and the dispo's got changed. Apparently, I was a scammer and ripped him off. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I would say, invest in rivens only so much as your time goes farming Kuva and getting a roll to either keep or sell. 

I got an angry PM from someone I sold a riven to before Wukong Prime dropped and the dispo's got changed. Apparently, I was a scammer and ripped him off. 

Pay no mind to him, that'd be like buying a certain share of a stock, then blaming the company you bought it from when the stock price fell.

37 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Totally because only you knew they'd change dispositions right after tennocon. I figured they'd give it a couple rather than risk angry riven buyers. I gotta ask what you sold that got you so much hate? Was it a kitgun or a supra? I've seen both lose their minds when catchmoon got nuked again.

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

So the answer is:  all your--yes, I'm talking to you, the person reading this--all your favorite melee weapon rivens will be sent careening into the heart of the sun by Thor's nerfhammer.

Jokes on you, my favourite melee weapon can't have a Riven. 

Ha. Haha. Such a funny joke. Totally not hurting on the inside.

I would not be so sure about Gram. I have seem it exactly twice during the past month. So, IMHO, strictly speaking, it is not exactly popular on average. It might drop but I doubt seriously is will go below 1.1-1.2.

it'll be just like always, anything top-tier gets a hard nerf, underappreciated weapons get a buff to their disposition (and hopefully to their raw stats)

genuinely bad melees like Plasma Sword and Fang Prime will be very interesting to watch. by rights they should get buffed to hell and back.

• Like 1

The changes will probably be so big that they will rather wait for a while and see how the meta shapes up before changing dispos.