Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New warframe animations (quadrulped warframe design)

(Just wanted to say Wisp is my 2nd favorite warframe now 💙, surely it has nothing to do with me being a ghost)

Theres a current warframe i keep trying to introduce in the fourms fan concepts section, and everytime i do it, i get this comment saying "the animations will be too hard to create".

The warframe moves like kubrows do, a quadrulped. And i get the comment, that i was just talking about, so much to the point where now im really wondering just how difficult it would be to get the animations working properly. The release of wisp, other new warframes, enemies, and so on. I just dont quite understand what makes a quadrulped warframe more difficult to create than kubrows, current warframes, and all current enemies in the game. Furion is a warframe made in the warframe fourms (fan concept section) that i think got favorited by DE but the quadrulped animation was never added to the game after all these years. Instead i think only a human like animation for the warframe was created with abilities inspired from the warframe. (Correct me if im wrong)

- Syndanas and attachments can be hidden on this warframe if it turns into a quadrulped

- it can look in a way simular to some werewolf designs you find on the interent. The creature would look normal performing human looking animations like warframe wall running and jumping, and would look normal when sprinting and walking in quadrulped style (normal for a werewolf). Theres is this game on ps4 called "dont even think" and their werewolf design is perfect for the quadrulped im imagining in warframe. 

The scarcity for a playable quadrulped on ps4 in general is sad. Does anyone else have any other ideas on the reason why DE might still be rejecting the idea? And what are your thoughts on a beast like quadrulped warframe?

(For those of you wondering why the heck i want it so bad: The only reason i want it so bad is the same as those who desire to play shooting games or a spiderman game, which is simply to fufil a fantasy. And Warframe does a LOVELY job of doing just that! All the different types of warframes allow you to discover your playstyle and your taste in fashion, while giving you the satisfaction to see it all in action! So simply put, i want it because i think wolves, lions, and other quadrulped animals are AWESOME and would deeply enjoy playing a game as one. Played this game called simte that i pretty much dont like but have been playing it for 2-3years, ill stop playing it if they ever removed all the quadrulped characters 😂😂😂 Yes!!! I know thats crazy but its just that freaking rare to experience lol)

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

post a link i am curious to see it, 

i really like the idea of quadruped frames, it doesn't have to be perfect you know that there are always a limitations, am very happy with Titania's transformations, and how Wisp is dominating and very effective, i own a cat so i know, i once came up with an idea for FFXIV to have Centaurs, and a giant spider player characters, since they have mithra who are male cat boys and bunnies with long ears, and those players carry over to this game so its not impossible to see a few tennogen for Gauss, and Volt with fur or weapons, but i haven't gotten that far, a giant lamia or eviscerated robot from a magic school, i like snakes, the robot can glue it self magnetically. built with mag's technology or something.

if you at least can add more enemies and warframe like this until you fix

• kubrow dens (WAY TOO VULNERABLE) [no gate creatures or magic to keep up with bullets and special powers like crystals in the area to harbor abilities or magnetise metals or movement speed, create blinds, and protection for the natural creatures who dont have camuflage or special powers, so essentially they are laying in the open ready to die in their burrows, and should see that they are moved and improved into a more strategic metallic and haggerd locations if military establishes control over condrocs and beast/wolves in the areas, few did side with the grinner flamethrowers, kavat are scarse, but seem to hold up well in some cases, they just have a higher defense and blocking or parrying rate, its awesome that they serve as magicians with teleportation, the kubrow should be able use more ninjitsu and trees and objects or weapons to keep them alive, i'd go as far as pokemon powers, and new mods.]
  • should be some creatures in the trees, and condrocs or spiders who slowdown movement for wall clingers electric fences in the map, and there can be other explosives and grenades added, or sticky liquids for the forests.
  • the maps with ice should be slippery or more difficult to see if there's a storm more of those scorpions mantaray should have been revised to latch onto players and perform tackles and knockback or weapons lock honestly they are really cool looking creatures like the wolves and beastmaster pets but that dont have that much power over players, usually the 3 factions are abundant in the whole stargate, and very little diversity is found in the natural areas of each planet like aliens and villagers or things like that.

quick bump so anyone who doesn't know can easily find it :)

okay, animation problems aside (good luck trying to make a wall running beast)
Honestly, I think that furion is fantastic. The concept of a quadrupedal warframe is brilliant, and i would love to see how players respond and utilise his kit.
There are, however, a few issues i do have with his playstyle and how he would work in game, especially with the effects of the augments.

Looking at a few of the augments, i can immediately see he is intended to be played as a tracker. Go in, mark someone for death, be deadly and mobile enough to chase them down no matter where they go, and then flank with your weapons from behind to take out the big group of enemies holding up the rest of your party. Pretty simple, right? another look at the base stats convinced me otherwise. Hold on - 800 hp and 750 armour? this guy would be nuts as a mobile tank. Which is great, since there really shouldnt be any cookiecutter ways to build a warframe, but also kinda not great, because that would break the initial concept of having bad tools against hordes of enemies - he doesnt need to be doing much damage since he has all the time (and sustain) in the world to kill a bunch of baddies. Even with his base stats he can facetank almost anything no problem.

So i came up with an idea - what if we made him an assassin who switches between killer and invincible juggernaut?
we could make his starting kit based off tracking and picking off targets, and rewarding each kill with a small amount of "Rage". Rage will determine whether or not Furion can transform, and the effectiveness of his beast form.

My revised version of his kit is as follows:

Passive: Furion recieves Rage for each successful takedown, and uses rage to evolve his form.

1: Impale / Swipe - When in human form, Furion throws an infested stake that impales the first enemy it hits. Impaled enemies are slowed and bled, leaving a blood trail (gears / circuitry for robotic enemies) which grants Furion and his allies increased movement speed while they are following the trail. In beast form, Furion viciously lashes at his target, healing himself as well as reducing the target's defenses temporarily.

2: Conceal / Latch - When in human form, Furion hides his presence, becoming invisible to anyone outside of a certain radius, while gaining a small damage boost against enemies within this radius. When in beast form, Furion latches himself onto a nearby wall, cieling, (or any other terrain in general) allowing him to move freely across that terrain while reducing the vision radius of nearby enemies. While Furion is latched onto a terrain, he can cast Swipe to instead pounce at his target, applying the same effects.

3. Rush / Recover - In human form, Furion passively gets increased movement speed and parkour velocity the more injured he becomes. In beast form, he passively gets more armour the more injured he becomes. In both forms, he can cast Rush / Recover to consume all of his Rage, granting him massively increased health regeneration for a short period of time based off how much Rage was consumed.

4. Evolve - Furion passively gains increased critical and status chance the more Rage he has. In human form, Furion transforms into his inner beast, granting him increased resistances and health based off the amount of Rage he has when casting in exchange for some of his movement speed and access to weapons, as well as unlocking access to new skills. In beast form, Furion returns to his human state, gaining increased movement speed while shedding some of his resistances. Refunds Rage based off the amount of resistances lost when transforming.

Basically, i kept the original concept's elements of being an assassin, as well as giving the ability of turning into a tank when his team needs him the most. He will be either one or the other, never both at the same time. His human form is all about getting close and dispatching of key units, using stealth and agility. On the other hand, his beast form is all about being the unkillable terror that strikes fear into even the strongest enemies. the new kit will still be mostly playing around picking off key targets, while balancing out his flat tankiness by making it scale off his Rage. He won't have the free health regeneration now, but i think it is suitable for his health regen to have drawbacks (consuming all of his rage) because it means players will have to be more careful when considering how to play him. With impale, he becomes more useful to his team by providing some form of utility. Let me know what you guys think ^-^ (does my revised kit make sense?) and also i would be forever grateful to the hero who adds this to the game.

Edited by ThatSaucyBoi
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ThatSaucyBoi said:

animation problems aside (good luck trying to make a wall running beast)

Yea things like this i dont feel need to be focused on, like how wisp is when she wall runs. The design for the quadrulped does not have to be so focused on that design to the point where youd have to make new animations for everything like wall hoping and bullet jumps. Instead i think it would be 100% okay to give it more of a werewolf look to where it looks normal for the creature to stand up like a human, and like a wolf. 

Like i can 100% see something that looks like a werewolf looking completely normal switching between normal warframe animations for certain actions like wall hoping, and then back to its quadrulped movement when sprinting or walking.

Also i really like your idea of having the creature transform because i just thought of another issue which is syandanas and cosmetic armor. However with the ability to transform, you could hide the attachments like chroma basically does when he uses his 4th ability.

When in human form, Furion throws an infested stake that impales the first enemy it hits. Impaled enemies are slowed and bled, leaving a blood trail (gears / circuitry for robotic enemies) which grants Furion and his allies increased movement speed while they are following the trail

Okay i like it! I feel like it should make the enemy run away too just to add more of a hunting like fealing while also being useful for temporarily disabling high threat targets!

Conceal / Latch 

Im cool with that!

Rush / Recover

Also cool, but the "consuming all his rage to gain health regen" part, is that activated the moment you use the ability or is it when the ability button is held down?

Evolve

But this.... this i love 😍 i made a warframe sort of like this once but my idea was to have the transition to be forced but yours makes it optional. Yet in a way it still encourages you to wait because you want more rage for certain buffs when you transform to the quadrulped!

Very interesting! I want to expand on this idea as its pretty cool but i feel the human form needs more fun added to it. Like more of a reason to be the human rather it become eventually forced or "encouraged"

i think it should be that he activates the ability as a toggle,when toggled on it will drain his rage for health regen, and when he doesnt need the hp he can toggle it off. the toggle should be able to be interrupted (switched off) by a nullifier bubble

Edit: this is for the third ability concept btw 

also, the part about the human form becoming more and more enrage with each kill, we could make his abilities get certain buffs once he reaches certain Rage thresholds, and put them into his kit in the form of augments (which i have yet to come up a few concepts for)

Edited by ThatSaucyBoi
  • Like 1

Augment Ideas and base stats!

Impaling dreadthorn 1 augment - Impaled enemies become more panicked the closer Furion is to them, increasing the amount of bleeding based on distance. If Furion has 35 or more rage, the impaled victim will scream in horror, terrifying (see nekros skills) up to 1/2/3 [per rank of augment mod] nearby enemies for a short duration upon being initially struck by impale.

Violent swing : 2 augment - Furion will always take a heavy landing after leaving Pounce, but upon landing will crush any units underneath him and gain a small shield based off the amount of units he trampled. 

Impatience : 3 augment - Rush/Recover is no longer a toggle, instantly reducing his rage to 0 but is now uninterruptible by nullifier shields / effects

Reckless Progression : 4 augment - Furion's skills no longer use energy, but cost double and in health instead. Energy orbs picked up by Furion now grant +5 rage and +10 health.

maybe reduce his human form base stat a bit (ART means At Rank Thirty)
400 hp ART ---> 650 hp ART
150 armour ART ---> 500 armour ART
no shields of course
1.2 sprint speed ---> 1.0 sprint speed
150 energy ART 

the arrow indicates change in stat after transforming with 4 (mods that affect the changing stats will be only calculated on the human form, then the stats gained are moved directly onto his beast form after transforming)
his human form is definitely quite weak, probably just a tad tankier than a rank 30 ash since he still needs to chase to get the job done (ash can press 4)
his beast form will be quite the damage sponge, giving him a hefty 650 hp and 500 armour, but with quite the movespeed reduction
movement mods will be more effective on the beast form, since they are calculated using human form and therefore makes him a bit more flexible :)

oh and one more thing i really shouldve mentioned - only kills with a melee weapon will grant rage (since if you give furion a sniper it kind of ruins the 'chase' part)

Edit: i intend for the heavy landing to be used in synergy with his Pounce Swipe (cast 1 while latching) so he can *hehe* (make some not really useful mods viable) cough [Heavy Impact]

But
bringing the topic back to animations - 
the animations really shouldn't be tooo hard: as mentioned above, DE has more than enough quadrupedal models for them to be excusing themselves for the sake of animation. the skills won't be too difficult, I imagine if they were to implement Furion like above into the game the animations would be more or less a mashup of pre-existing skill animations (Impale would be something very similar to nidus 2, Latch would need almost no work because kavats already do that). His 4 will basically be an excalibur umbra roar that morphs him into a quadruped, basically if you were to imagine a nidus using umbra's roar while rapidly gaining 15 mutation stacks. DE you have an incredible amount of resources at your disposal, so please. Please for the love of god - 

Use them

Edited by ThatSaucyBoi

3 hours ago, ThatSaucyBoi said:

movement mods will be more effective on the beast form, since they are calculated using human form and therefore makes him a bit more flexible :)

Oh my god this idea just made me drool xD A Lovely idea!!!

3 hours ago, ThatSaucyBoi said:

oh and one more thing i really shouldve mentioned - only kills with a melee weapon will grant rage

Okay yea this is cool but id say not to take away rage gain completely away from ranged kills. Its a bit more unique for sure but id rather it just give him like half or 1/3 of the rage he could of gotten from a melee kill when using ranged attacks. Not a too much of a necessary change tho, idea is still good, just personal preference.

Ha yes i love your design! And yes i do hope de considers it. Im no expert at this stuff so i cant imagine the difficulty in implementing animations but i hope theyre trying instead of just giving it the ol "forget about it" hand wave. Wisp gave me so much hope. But yea, i hope to 1 day have them explain the difficilty in it again to me because ive heard enough of these "explanationless" reasons from other people like just saying "the animations are too hard to create" then never saying anything else ever again lol

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII