Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove "unable to join mission objective has been completed"

birdobash

Due to the faulty player to player connection system of Warframe, sometimes actually staying in the mission without disconnecting and trying to reconnect is next to inevitable. This is especially a problem in missions where you likely stay more than 10 minutes, such as Eidolon fights (especially when charging VS super high b4 night hits) or during long endurance runs. Even arbitrations, a game mode you are rewarded for staying longer, albeit only a bit. 

Having the system disconnect you because "woops we hit a snag in the connection", and then be completely unable to reconnect because the system also tells you that you can't connect back into a game after the first teralyst, or first 5 minutes of survival, or first round of arbitrations, it's all extremely annoying and tedious, and absolutely spits in your face if you end up losing all your rewards because of the disconnect.

Just remove the block when a mission objective is completed, theres really no point to it considering if you're actually doing a mission where an objective being completed actually matters to the person joining, you'll probably finish the mission far before they even connect and land into the mission, since every one of those missions are extremely quick.

Edited by birdobash

It would be nice that the game gives a 1 minute “grace period” when the player disconnect, giving the player a chance to reconnect to the squad before the restriction apply. It can only happen once per mission to avoid abuse.

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It would be nice that the game gives a 1 minute “grace period” when the player disconnect, giving the player a chance to reconnect to the squad before the restriction apply. It can only happen once per mission to avoid abuse.

I'd rather it be at least 5 minutes or the same time as 1 round, with how buggy Warframe can be, it's not unlikely that the disconnect was caused by a crash or caused a crash itself, and restarting warframe usually takes more than a minute to do, and even if it doesn't that's still scraping hard for time.

Also maybe not just 1 per mission, there have been plenty of times when I try to reconnect to a squad in like a sabotage, and the first reconnect doesn't even go through giving me the "would you like to reconnect" prompt again, but if I try a second time it works. I doubt trying to reconnect to an already finished mission would be much different.

Edited by birdobash

Why would they remove that ?

If you disconnect/reconnect, you won't have this message. I've had people disconnected after the 100th wave of ODD, and they successfully reconnected to the mission quite a while later.

This message only appears when you try to join a mission and your connection is too 1990s to be able to reach the mission before the objective is complete. And that makes sense: you can't join a mission and expect its full rewards if you just participated in extracting.

Edited by Chewarette