Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need new sustainable content.

_Eclips3_

So I got back into the game recently, only because of nightwave, completed everything/caught up, now theres nothing to do and bored already, only thing that keeps me logging in is nightwave. 

We need a content drop soon, and I don't mean 1 gun, a syandana and armour with a few couloured drones and a guitar that is just a stiff statue.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

So I got back into the game recently, only because of nightwave, completed everything/caught up, now theres nothing to do and bored already, only thing that keeps me logging in is nightwave. 

We need a content drop soon, and I don't mean 1 gun, a syandana and armour with a few couloured drones and a guitar that is just a stiff statue.

(In before the trolls)

There is countless posts about this topic Elite, just take a look at the following topic: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1108599-empyrean-release-date/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-10900889

It's best just to suck it up and move onto a new game, there's no point getting stressed over such anymore. if they don't want to give out content, then that's all up to them and they begin to wonder why only the hard-core fans are playing.

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

(In before the trolls)

There is countless posts about this topic Elite, just take a look at the following topic: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1108599-empyrean-release-date/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-10900889

It's best just to suck it up and move onto a new game, there's no point getting stressed over such anymore. if they don't want to give out content, then that's all up to them and they begin to wonder why only the hard-core fans are playing.

Well, I don't really read other posts or even look at them, so I was not aware, I just open a tab and speak my mind, and yes, I have already found a new hobby, Im just merely giving a suggestion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Well, I don't really read other posts or even look at them, so I was not aware, I just open a tab and speak my mind, and yes, I have already found a new hobby, Im just merely giving a suggestion.

I see your point, but the only reason why I warned you off in doing so, is cuz in a matter of a few mins, you'r gonna get overwhelmed with  "Haha" emotes and (Gif emotes) from the Fanbase/Trolls.

So it's pretty pointless to try dare speak your mind in the forums, but still, you're not the only person feels the same thing  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

If it comes out within a month of two I'll never let you hear the end of it.

I'll join you in that. We should make a topic and ping them. 

OP, a lot of things are coming. The summers tend to be light on content these past couple of years. Usually around Fall/Winter is when we get some stuff. As for sustainable content, well until a perfect endgame is introduced, and I mean one that will make the majority happy and can be played without feeling stagnant after 1 week, then I don't think we're going to get there anytime soon. 

• Like 4

Sustainability is a word we need to hear more of when it comes to Warframe. I've been playing for a couple of years now and came from ME3 multiplayer, which I played for years with no dev support or new content. Why? Because it was fun to play. 

There's too much focus on having an objective in Warframe and the chase for new content has made fun gameplay take a back seat. The devs should try to get the game to the point where if Warframe was end of life, people would still want to play. Right now I don't think that would be the case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If it comes out within a month of two I'll never let you hear the end of it.

Oh no, what have I done?...

(IT WAS A JOKE)

3 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Warframe definitely does need sustainable content for sure, without a doubt. 

They confirmed that it’s coming this year, just don’t know when.

Hopefully August, so we don't have no sustainable content for another mouth and weeks following after that. or otherwise we'll get more topics like the latter. 

3 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

As for sustainable content, well until a perfect endgame is introduced, and I mean one that will make the majority happy and can be played without feeling stagnant after 1 week, then I don't think we're going to get there anytime soon. 

Sad but very true.

I actually think PvPvE would be perfect for this

Some kind of Warframe Olympics/Arcade games with strict rules that you can just play over and over and never get tired of because it's genuinely fun. What made me think Warframe would do great having something like that was actually Starcraft 2 with their custom games, specifically Squadron Tower Defense (it's a mode where instead of putting towers around complex routes you just put units in a simple straight lane and when the round starts they become real units and fight the wave for you and there are 8 lanes, 8 players and 2 teams in total). Maybe even a map editor so players can create their own modes? How about changes for the simulacrum? Add new maps to it and give the players more options, the one we have that's completely open and full of holes is extremely inconvenient, i want a map that is straight up a closed arena/collosseum where i can pit enemies against each other and watch them fight.

Edited by Learicorn

You must realize that no matter what and when they implement to the game you will eventually get bored of it. Thats just how it is. You play the game for 2000 or 3000 hours and you complain that it gets dull? Come on, be realistic. I know its the case so i just jump between warframe and path of exile so i have always something new to do. There isnt a 1 thing in life that doesnt get boring if you do it enough times. 

• Like 1

This might be yet another thread for this topic, but as I haven't touched the forums to much tell now I figure ill populate my thoughts here.

Im going to echo AncientWindigo here and say the main issue when it comes to warframes staying power is the fact that Warframes inherent game play is in and in of it self, flashy, with very little substance. I hate to bring this into this topic but its really the best I can really think of to compare and contrast, is Destiny. Sure Destiny (and 2 especially) is fundamentally broken (but might be slowly fixing now that Bungie is out from under activisions squishing heel BUT i digress), BUT dam if its gameplay isn't fun. Every weapon even if they dont feel to different, feel like they have impact. Each ability with the way the enemies react to it and the way the game displays it in sound and visuals just, oozes 'juice', there heads pop in a satisfying way when you get that perfect head shot, numbers flash in none distracting yet still visceral ways that really keep you engaged, and while I quite Destiny years ago I still get a craving to sometimes  go back, even if I dont satisfy it, just to experience that again. 

To go into a different game that is more inline with Warframe, Lost Planet 2 gave me a lot of the same feeling with its sound design and various elements of camera work and gun feel in its design. Everything felt like it had weight, every hit had splashing effects and visceral sounds once again that made it all just feel amazing, and I played that game to death for many many hours even though it got absolutely no support, even went back and rebought and rebeat if on pc with friends just to experience it again. 

So to circle back to the point, Warframe just doesn't have that same feel. Enemies unless specifically acted upon by certain forces will not react to getting bashed in the face or shot cross map, Each weapon doesn't have that distinct type of feel or sound as they work heavily on quantity over quality, as that is what the community constantly yells for for most feel that's the issue. While yes having a new objective is fantastic, its how a game feels that will really carry it. Did you need a new objective to play the original Halo games for hours and hours on end in multiplayer? (for those of you that did that like me), not likely, you did it because the game itself is fun. And the current main, hard hitting issue is the fact that Warframe 'feels' fun when you get into it, it stays fun as long as you feel like your hitting a goal, but as soon as that all drops away, you realize that the game, itself, is a Stats simulator with really flashy lights.

Now, DE is making a lot of good steps in the 'feel' direction, and i think (From what i can tell) melee 3.0 will be a MASSive step in the right direction, the thing is, we need more of that. We need gun play 2.0, enemy 2.0, Companion AI 2.0. We need way more of a focus on taking what they got and making it FEEL just as amazing as it looks. For otherwise, it will stay that game that only gets a massive population on every new update, then fades back into the weeds a week or two later once all has been completed and your just waiting for the next one...

But a game with good feel, that will make people WANT to make there own objectives, WANT to play it so they make up things to do. You dont see people playing the dark souls franchise for years on end because it keeps pumping out new content, they do it cause they WANt to cause it FEELs great to play so they MAKE reasons to play it. That, is how a long lasting game works. That, is the new objective Warframe should be striving for. 

At least, those are my thoughts anyway

(Killing Floor 2 is another great example of a game that FEELs great to play to the point you can sink thousands of hours into it with just the single objective, 'survive' and a pretty rudimentary level system. Agree with another person above that Mass Effect multiplayer for all its horrible monetization flaws nails game feel to the point you just want to play it even though its reward system is horrendous. From what i can tell a lot of these games rely a lot more on smaller enemy numbers (compared to warframe) but having them react a lot more to what the player does, be it just in the way they die or what it tacks to kill each unit. But ive expedited enough at this point, so ill leave it here.) 

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks
Spelling/grammer fixes from re reading my 'thesis' here
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

I actually think PvPvE would be perfect for this

Some kind of Warframe Olympics/Arcade games with strict rules that you can just play over and over and never get tired of because it's genuinely fun. What made me think Warframe would do great having something like that was actually Starcraft 2 with their custom games, specifically Squadron Tower Defense (it's a mode where instead of putting towers around complex routes you just put units in a simple straight lane and when the round starts they become real units and fight the wave for you and there are 8 lanes, 8 players and 2 teams in total). Maybe even a map editor so players can create their own modes? How about changes for the simulacrum? Add new maps to it and give the players more options, the one we have that's completely open and full of holes is extremely inconvenient, i want a map that is straight up a closed arena/collosseum where i can pit enemies against each other and watch them fight.

PvPvE content is pointless without dedicated servers. People rage quitting turning into a host migration fest is whats gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

PvPvE content is pointless without dedicated servers. People rage quitting turning into a host migration fest is whats gonna happen.

That's true but if conclave has dedicated servers then they can definitely afford this

Personally, I like that Warframe has nothing to do now and then. It allows me to do more important stuff while I wait for the next big update. I am not a fan of games where even missing out on a month puts you far behind the game compared to other players living off welfare and parents income.

• Like 1