Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need new sustainable content.

_Eclips3_

3 hours ago, Learicorn said:

I actually think PvPvE would be perfect for this

I would rather have something similar to Enfo's Team Survival, from the old WC3 custom map days.

It would actually be a fitting competitive mode for Warframe's design. Two teams of players on two different maps pushing to see who can survive against wave after wave of enemies the longest. They could make options for Defense, Survival, Interception, Disruption - even Defection, though that wouldn't be too popular.

Toss in something where we can hack a console to do something to the other team's map to speed along their destruction, and it can get really interesting.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, XxElite2015xX said:

So I got back into the game recently, only because of nightwave, completed everything/caught up, now theres nothing to do and bored already, only thing that keeps me logging in is nightwave. 

We need a content drop soon, and I don't mean 1 gun, a syandana and armour with a few couloured drones and a guitar that is just a stiff statue.

Was it expensive? 😏

Content would be far more sustainable with better enemy and player ability design. Being OP makes combat less interesting and less engaging in the long run - there is a reason people can drop thousands of hours on Devil May Cry, or why Minecraft and Tetris are the two best selling games ever. All three of these games offer challenge and depth in various means and degrees. Devil May Cry through tight combat, Minecraft through giving you infinite possibilities to improve and Tetris through being literally unbeatable. Warframe, comparatively, offers a number of nice, easy win buttons, and subsequently has very little variety to combat. You press a couple buttons, and you can't die, nothing is able to shoot you or everything is dead.

Combat, and I don't think I need to specify this, is the main thing Warframe has going for it. If that can be 'solved'... what's the point? Like, think about it: If every new tileset, free roam area or boss has similar or identical gameplay, what's the point of playing on them apart from the rewards? If using new stuff is worse than the 'win' button, why get them? If these buttons provide a clear and concise 'best option', why bother improving your skills at build construction and at action combat, or both?

It sucks the enjoyment and variety out of the grind, so it becomes more noticeable and egregious. The content is meaningless when playing it is the same as before. The loot doesn't matter unless it become the new 'win'.

Overpowered stuff is fun, yes, but not 'thousands of hours' fun. Not for most people. If you do the same thing for that long, you'll burn out, and in Warframe, you are very demonstrably playing 'wrong' if you are. Games need variety to thrive.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

-snip-

Just to add to this a bit, in my experience the game is at its best when you eschew modding ability parameters almost entirely. Powers are strong enough at their base stats to keep you going through 99% of the game's intended content, and it frees up mod slots for stuff like durability (again, perfectly viable within the game's expected level ranges), and without potential for spamming you have to think about when you want to cast.

Ran a Sortie the other day and the players I was with decided to do the Endurance Hall of Ascension. The first guy went on, lasted about 20-30 seconds before he had to get off the platform, then I jumped in and started meditating in the lasers. About 70 seconds later, they were all questioning how I was lasting that long as Zephyr. Good times.

• Like 1

Is there really nothing to do or you don't know what do you want to do in warframe? Content drop won't be sustainable because you'll chew through it all and say there's nothing to do

You still want sustainable content? Play conclave

16 hours ago, 844448 said:

Is there really nothing to do or you don't know what do you want to do in warframe? Content drop won't be sustainable because you'll chew through it all and say there's nothing to do

You still want sustainable content? Play conclave

It's not the player's fault they chew trough what ever content they spoon feed us.

This following update added a single pistol (an single weapon, that some even got for free from the login) and quick and easy farm. This so called "Event" is a repeat of last time, a simple riven and the rest are cosmetics (that people already have and thus a reskin of a already existing cosmetic)  

I mean, it's hard to say such without reviewing the facts.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

9 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It's not the player's fault they chew trough what ever content they spoon feed us.

This following update added a single pistol (an single weapon, that some even got for free from the login) and quick and easy farm. This so called "Event" is a repeat of last time, a simple riven and the rest are cosmetics (that people already have and thus a reskin of a already existing cosmetic)  

I mean, it's hard to say such without reviewing the facts.

We still have onslaught, fissures, sorties, etc etc, that's not enough?

The thing with Warframe is that it never promises to be more than what it presents you with in the first several hours. Its always been a "grind to get better at grinding" game. Once you reach the end of that loop, you either remain patient and wait for more of the same, or find something else to play. If youre bored now, no update will ever Satisfy you. This isnt a PvP game. You cant play it forever if you are the kind of payer that need to chase that new high very time. You cant just make up a nebulous term like "sustainable content", and  think you have a point. 

Chances are theres still a ton of things to do that you just choose NOT to do. Pretty much, you being bored is a personal problem.

Edited by Hypernaut1

24 minutes ago, 844448 said:

We still have onslaught, fissures, sorties, etc etc, that's not enough?

Onslaught is used for XP farming at best and is very unpleasing to alot of people, Khora Farm caused a huge issue. Sorties are simple to do, log in, do them, log out. (some only do it, cuz nightwave) Fissures: Prime junk farming and then the new one that is out every 3 months 

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Onslaught is used for XP farming at best and is very unpleasing to alot of people, Khora Farm caused a huge issue. Sorties are simple to do, log in, do them, log out. (some only do it, cuz nightwave) Fissures: Prime junk farming and then the new one that is out every 3 months 

Newsflash : thats the type of game you are playing. No content will be "sustainable", ever. It will get boring sooner or later and no matter what you say you cant change reality. Its casual game, not meant to be played for 5000 hours non stop (no game is really). Such complains are in every single game out there. Go check yourself. He gave you valid options, too bad its not for you but there will never be anything else. Engrave this in your mind : YOU WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED BECAUSE YOU GOT BORED OF THE GAME. Seems like some of you just cant stand that simple fact.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kuciol said:

No content will be "sustainable", ever.

There is a difference between sustainable and "This is boring after the first runthrough" content.

Sustainable doesn't mean it has to last until the heat death of the universe, it just means it needs some form of staying power/fun factor that causes people to come back to it for reasons other than the carrot tied to the stick.

Yes, the content will get boring at some point that is inevitable, but that shouldn't be after 5 runs of it (looking at you Disruption, neat concept, but dull after almost no time spent on it) that's what is missing from much of Warframe's content.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

There is a difference between sustainable and "This is boring after the first runthrough" content.

Sustainable doesn't mean it has to last until the heat death of the universe, it just means it needs some form of staying power/fun factor that causes people to come back to it for reasons other than the carrot tied to the stick.

Yes, the content will get boring at some point that is inevitable, but that shouldn't be after 5 runs of it (looking at you Disruption, neat concept, but dull after almost no time spent on it) that's what is missing from much of Warframe's content.

I somewhat agree. Problem is that the core of Warframe doesn't lend itself to create content people would want to repeat. Notice how most games that have replay-ability also have difficulty? Warframe does not have that. Only way Warframe can achieve difficulty is introducing ways to arbitrarily take control away from the player. Ability cancelling or straight up Warframe cancelling (forcing you to use Operator). And you've probably read the forums enough to know players aren't keen on that.

Warframe is like Dynasty Warriors. Cool game, nice power trip, interesting to try out all the characters and max them. But replaying levels is an absolute slog and you don't really enjoy doing it. You mainly do it just to level up characters or to unlock their ultimate weapon. Last Dynasty Warriors I enjoyed was namely 4, 5, and 6. And that's because they had some sort of difficulty to them. Especially 5s Destiny Mode. 6 was a bit heh but I do like how they worked dueling and army morale.

I don't think Warframe will ever get meaningful replay-able content until DE decides to rework the game from the core.

35 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's the point people are trying to make, but some just ignore that and apprise the game is "perfect" and "nothing at all is wrong", so don't be srupised if you come across fokes like that, it's NOT the players fault if they get bored of the game, it's nature to be bored of something after long time use and over repeated content or the lack of, content, no matter what game only has limited re-playable abbtily, Warframe is a PRIME example of that, so is every other MMO. (You Farm, You Grind, Repeat).

Someone can play any type of game mode (Sorties/ESO,Aberrations etc.) and at some point, it will become dull and not fun to play, as either the grind is insane or you have everything that you needed from it. Unless there is NEW content (Like rail-jack) that changes the game, like a new game-mode or even something new like Arcwing used to be (a hole set of new nodes, hostiles and resources, weapons, lore, story,etc).

Hell, when Railjack does come out and a good year or two (or even more, lets hope) at SOME POINT Railjack will be "blegh" unless they keep adding to it and expanding on it, and releasing new content along with it  (New Frames/Quests, etc).

Once more, we need  sustainable content, not yearly content or month by month

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

I don't think Warframe will ever get meaningful replay-able content until DE decides to rework the game from the core.

I saw this and was wondering: What type of rework to the core game itself, do you think see will be great?, or alteast repayable 

5 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's the point people are trying to make, but some just ignore that and apprise the game is "perfect" and "nothing at all is wrong"

Or in my case get called stupid as seen above.

However I will state that despite many aspects of Warframe being played out and "boring" for me I do still come back because of some innate fun factor that is had, but variety is the spice of life, and currently there isn't really any major variety that appeals to me beyond "Let's crack some relics...and Grineer skulls".

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

That's the point people are trying to make, but some just ignore that and apprise the game is "perfect" and "nothing at all is wrong", so don't be srupised if you come across fokes like that, it's NOT the players fault if they get bored of the game, it's nature to be bored of something after long time use and over repeated content or the lack of, content, no matter what game only has limited re-playable abbtily, Warframe is a PRIME example of that, so is every other MMO. (You Farm, You Grind, Repeat).

Someone can play any type of game mode (Sorties/ESO,Aberrations etc.) and at some point, it will become dull and not fun to play, as either the grind is insane or you have everything that you needed from it. Unless there is NEW content (Like rail-jack) that changes the game, like a new game-mode or even something new like Arcwing used to be (a hole set of new nodes, hostiles and resources, weapons, lore, story,etc).

Hell, when Railjack does come out and a good year or two (or even more, lets hope) at SOME POINT Railjack will be "blegh" unless they keep adding to it and expanding on it, and releasing new content along with it  (New Frames/Quests, etc).

Once more, we need  sustainable content, not yearly content or month by month

The problem is people are simply delusional. They dont understand that making content takes metric #*!%ton of time. Take this "Duviri Paradox" as example, this thing is about 2 years away. Even if they would start working on lets Raid tomorrow you wont even hear about them for next 3 years and wont be released for atleast 5. Its is simply impossible to meet expectation of someone bored of the game because they played it for 3 years. They will release Railjack and the same people will spam it 10h a day for a month and will come back here complaining again. Wouldnt we want more content? Yea sure would be nice but lets be realistic here. Thing like "sustainable content" simply doesnt exist or all game developers in the world are idiots because its obvious what they should do? Go to any games forum, really any game you can find on the internet and on their forums you will find exactly the same topic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I saw this and was wondering: What type of rework to the core game itself, do you think see will be great?, or alteast repayable 

Too much that it would be better as its own separate topic. But basically it boils down to that we are too statistically strong that no AI could combat us with their intelligence alone. Hence why I brought up that the only way DE can make Warframe more difficult is by taking away control of our character. Or artificially raising the difficulty by making enemies nigh unkillable or by making our defenses meaningless.

I know this answer doesn't really answer you question but to reiterate, it's a topic that deserves its own thread. But basically everything would need to be reworked. Damage, ammo and energy economy, enemy AI and spawn, utility and item limitations, player punishment, list could go on.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

They dont understand that making content takes metric #*!%ton of time.

Right, so you need to create enjoyable content that people will go back to after getting the rewards. How many people continue doing the Ropadopalyst mission after getting Wisp I wonder?

Just now, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

Right, so you need to create enjoyable content that people will go back to after getting the rewards. How many people continue doing the Ropadopalyst mission after getting Wisp I wonder?

There's a bit of a divide since a portion of the players find enjoyment in challenge and overcoming a challenge which Warframe in its current state will never be able to provide. Notice how other games with much more replayability are difficult games (Monster Hunter, From Software games, other Capcom games, etc...) or PvP games where you are always being constantly challenged. Basically games where people enjoy the repetitive nature because each time they overcome the same obstacle, they feel like they have improved themselves as a player and it's that satisfaction that makes players keep on going back to those games.

Warframe lacks that satisfaction of overcoming an obstacle because either you cheese it, or there are so many unfriendly player mechanics (ability nullifiers or Operators) that you feel like the game is purposely trying to gate you from making achievements.

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

So we go for cherry picking? OK. Last time ive checked planty of people still do Eidolons, there is no problem in finding party, a lot of people do onslought and you have sortie every day, nobody took out kuva survival, index and endurance runs yet last time i checked. You know whats funny about those things i mentioned? Every single one of them were answers to same topics and guess what? Poeple still got bored! Poeple will spam like there is no tomorrow every little bit of new content and then be surprised that they burned out. You just dont know what you want, once you get it you come back complaining the exactly same way. You cant accept the truth that you got bored of the game and no amount of new stuff will fix that. Make new account for a test and see how much there really is to do, the problem is you do it as it comes out and you exhaust it to fast. I will repeat you will never be satisfied.

1 minute ago, kuciol said:

So we go for cherry picking? OK. Last time ive checked planty of people still do Eidolons, there is no problem in finding party, a lot of people do onslought and you have sortie every day, nobody took out kuva survival, index and endurance runs yet last time i checked. You know whats funny about those things i mentioned? Every single one of them were answers to same topics and guess what? Poeple still got bored! Poeple will spam like there is no tomorrow every little bit of new content and then be surprised that they burned out. You just dont know what you want, once you get it you come back complaining the exactly same way. You cant accept the truth that you got bored of the game and no amount of new stuff will fix that. Make new account for a test and see how much there really is to do, the problem is you do it as it comes out and you exhaust it to fast. I will repeat you will never be satisfied.

To be fair, you would then need to question if the players repeating that content actually find it enjoyable to repeat. Players may be doing Eidolons for crafting or to get all of figures or for Arcanes. Doesn't necessarily mean they enjoy doing it but best way to find out is to ask them I guess. And many players will still be doing Onslaught to level up the focus schools.

I am one of those players that gets bored of Warframe. But I don't think for me personally, that's a bad thing and I certainly don't hold that against Warframe or DE. I'll get bored of my favorite food if I eat too much of it. I've probably gotten bored of everything and it's a good thing we live in a technological age where new media is coming out daily. Even if Warframe became the best, most enjoyable, most replayable game in existence, I will one day get bored of it.

• Like 1