Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Rework

(PSN)R3ZZNN0V

Only thing I would really want to change for rhino is maybe the passive as I never really find it useful. Maybe giving iron skin the innate ability to recast instead of needing an augment to do that and making the existing augment useful on its own.

This rework idea truly speaks to about 60% of rhino mains who think he's a #*!%ing tank. No. He's #*!%ing not his prime is literally not even in the top 10 for armor value. His iron skin works fine and can easily be used for tanking sure but that's not his only purpose. Like do you wonder why people even want Chroma and Rhino in eidolons. Idk maybe it's because both Warframes have viable buffing abilities... Along with that Rhino rocks some solid cc so please stop saying rhino needs a rework when he's in one of the best places

14 minutes ago, MrMrs said:

This rework idea truly speaks to about 60% of rhino mains who think he's a #*!%ing tank. No. He's #*!%ing not his prime is literally not even in the top 10 for armor value. His iron skin works fine and can easily be used for tanking sure but that's not his only purpose. Like do you wonder why people even want Chroma and Rhino in eidolons. Idk maybe it's because both Warframes have viable buffing abilities... Along with that Rhino rocks some solid cc so please stop saying rhino needs a rework when he's in one of the best places

Armor Values alone doesnt mean much for tanking. Baruuk and revenant, who both also have low armor, are both quite good tanks in their own merits (revenants charges and barruks 4 forms of damage reduction)

Edited by (PS4)CommanderC2121
Foe->for

I've been playing Rhino basically since I started and I honestly can't see too much problem with him. I think a case can be made for giving his 1 Ironclad Charge as a constant and maybe allowing him to recast IS and Roar, but otherwise he does what he needs to do.

Even if Iron Skin does fall off, 98% damage boost from Roar is nothing to sneeze at

23 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Armor Values alone doesnt mean much for tanking. Baruuk and revenant, who both also have low armor, are both quite good tanks in their own merits (revenants charges and barruks 4 forms of damage reduction)

Very much true I should've mentioned that but I meant it as a point that he isn't exactly just a tank and should be give more of a look to his other abilities.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)hellothisismufin said:

Even if Iron Skin does fall off, 98% damage boost from Roar is nothing to sneeze at

Most players don't play to the point his Iron Skin falls off anyways.

Add in Solid AoE CC, a great buff (amazing for DoTs) and you have a simple yet elegant monstrosity that despite common opinion is not easy to play at higher levels where he makes use of that Iron Skin. He stomps Chroma in durability, CC and if you build for it; Damage. I'm more concerned these Rhino topics are going to get him nerfed.

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Now you know how I feel everytime an Ivara topic comes up.  😀 

Yea. At least Rhino fits the current "State of Warframe" whatever that really means. Unlike poor Nyx.

Ivara's versatility might keep her safe but I get why player's don't see the value in frames like Ash / Nyx.

Then you got poor frames like Ember who's been meh ever since she lost her DR and they just keep beating her with a bag full of doorknobs.

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

Then you got poor frames like Ember who's been meh ever since she lost her DR and they just keep beating her with a bag full of doorknobs.

Which is what I'm afraid of everytime I see "rework" combined with any frames name in a topic title.  

8 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Which is what I'm afraid of everytime I see "rework" combined with any frames name in a topic title.  

Ember:  Nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf....

DE:  "We need to completely change Ember's kit."

yO7DMZW.gif

il y a 11 minutes, DatDarkOne a dit :

I agree. I've seen a few guys who think that rivens and weapon augments give you more damage than CO would on atlas landslide... I'm... baffled

il y a 4 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

Ember:  Nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf....

DE:  "We need to completely change Ember's kit."

yO7DMZW.gif

That facepalm gif is gonna be my new go to response to player helping player topics i think... 

• 3 weeks later...

Your ideas are bad. But 99% of those guys in the post are just plain wrong as well. After testing Rhino a lot, with my 300% strenght + Ironclad build, i can reach 80-150k Iron Skin easily (the other guy is lying, to reach 200k+ IS you would need 8-10 enemies in line to charge, and that is difficult as hell, even on survival maps with lots of corridors). But, tbh, it's still very mediocre (the best tanks in the game can surpass 1 million with no effort at all)  

Specially if you consider that Rhino eats a lot of energy, nullifiers laugh at your face if you're using support primaries/secondaries (basically, weapons builded for status and status alone), CC is useless unless you're on a defection mission, his roar is good tbh, but it will spend A LOT of energy if you're building around Iron Skin.  

What most Rhino fanboys don't get (and tbh, i can even consider myself one, it's my most played frame and i did at least 3 to 4 posts suggesting reworks for him) is that Rhino is basically: a duck. He can fly, swim, walk, but he can't do any of those good enough. 

What Rhino needs: 

1- Increased armor. Vanilla goes from 190 to 700, Prime goes from 275 to 800 (i don't care about Valkyr, my opinion stays the same, Rhino is like a bodybuilder that came straight outta JoJo, he deserves more armor). Why: Rhino is extremely dependant on a lot of gimmicky stuff to tank, and even after exploiting them, he doesn't even come close to tank as much as Trinity...a support frame...no jokes. With increased base armor, he'll still need things like Health Conversion and Ironclad Charge to reach end-game levels, but now he'll be actually on par with things like Trinity and Nidus.

2- New passive. Adrenaline Surge: Rhino has an aura of 10m, each enemy (up to 10) inside his aura gives him +1 energy regeneration p/s. Why: He eats way too much energy, if you're planning to use his skills at your advantage on end-game levels, don't build a tanky Rhino. Just it. I can't reliably use Stomp/Roar, even the Rhino Charge (an essential skill for the build). 

3- Being able to deactivate Iron Skin whitout Iron Shrapnel: this one is self-explanatory. You really need to waste 1 slot because of that single bad design idea.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

On 2019-07-23 at 11:59 AM, MrMrs said:

-> Implying that you need high armor values to tank. 

-> Laughing in Inaros/Nezha.

Rhino is great. theres no reason for a rework. He's simple and effective. We need warframes like him. Players can get them early game and find use when they dont have crazy mods, and find even more use when they have access to corrupted mods, mecha pulse, arcanes and more. He's great at the beginning of your warframe experience and even more so when you fall into veteran territory. For me, getting + 400-700% armor from ironclad charge and getting +1000% armor from mecha pulse, is more than enough to make his 2 shine, gives you more of a chance to build for his other abilities. He has great CC , exceptional tank, and id a great buffer can deal great damage with said buff .

Edited by cookieknife

On 2019-08-07 at 11:54 PM, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

-> Laughing in Inaros/Nezha.

That was pretty much my point again they both do things other than just tanking which is why they weren't given insane armor values.

Also this point is why reworking a frame to focus almost exclusively on just taking damage is bad. Many other frames do it while providing other things

3 hours ago, MrMrs said:

That was pretty much my point again they both do things other than just tanking which is why they weren't given insane armor values.

Also this point is why reworking a frame to focus almost exclusively on just taking damage is bad. Many other frames do it while providing other things

They do it much better though, excluding Inaros (because he's not a decent tank to be honest, he needs buffs, A LOT of buffs), pretty much every tank character is better than Rhino at tanking, while doing much more useful things. All my points are still valid:

1- Rhino has roar...but you'll only ever need it on eidolon hunts. Your weapons already cause a lot of damage on their own, i never use this damn skill. So even if it is a good skill, it's an useless good skill. Also, Roar spends way too much energy, and you can't recast it, that's not even close to a support skill, specially if you consider that it's only ever useful on 1 or 2 scenarios.

2- Stomp is a good CC skill...but why would i ever need CC in the first place, when there's so much nuking frames out there that completely trivializes CC? Also, even if someone tried to argue that CC is actually good for Rhino, how? He's immune to CC himself, and basically any status effects. How would i ever need CC if CC itself doesn't even affect me, and i can facetank most things? So in the end, basically the same problem as Roar.

So in the end, Rhino has only 2 good skills (and BOTH are good for tanking tbh, Rhino Charge can actually be used to tank) . Rhino is a tank. There's no valid argument that can deny it, his best skills (and the actual USEFUL ones) are tanking skills. 

I really hate when people say "Rhino is not just a tank!!!", man, please just stop trying to undercover his useless skills just because you like him a lot (this was not specific to you though...unless you say those things). Rhino has serious design problems that just a few people actually bother to talk about, while the rest ignore it because they are so scared of the possibility of a nerf.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

are people seriously calling for rhino buffs?

what drugs are being ingested?

after we buff rhino lets go buff saryn, trinity, volt, oberon, chroma, mesa... heck lets buff all the meta frames... just to make sure ember knows her place at the bottom of the pile.

just to be clear, rhino hasn't lost anything. 

yes, without raids world stomp has limited use.  yes other point carriers exist in index now.

no, he hasn't lost anything, all his functionality is still there and he can stomp all content into the ground and he's the most potent early frame and stays that way all the way through the whole game and as a result one of the most used in the game... this is so absurd that i have to even say this...

Edited by Klokwerkaos