Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Rework

(PSN)R3ZZNN0V

On 2019-08-07 at 2:50 PM, Malziel said:

The sheer fact that y'all think Rhino needs a rework means that you either haven't played him at all, or that your builds are just complete trash garbage. Whew lad.

Needs a rework? No... Deserve is a better word. More armor. His 1 should scale in dmg output like atlas, khora, gara's 1. His ult is great for cc but his one should synergies better and obliterate them while they float there... Or his roar could make them more resistant to damage or reduce base armor//health/shields... Or something.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Hes a brawler that hits like a 3 yr old. 

You might enjoy a different frame.

My Rhino cuts lvl 300 Armored enemies down in one hit. It's about savagery, endurance and strength not thoughtful or arbitrary use of "synergy" abilities that serve no purpose than to prevent 1 button spam. He uses all his abilities for one singular purpose. To smash things and he doesn't need any help doing it.

Also scaling his 1st ability is pointless when he hits harder with a weapon. Thankfully DE didn't screw him up when they added those dumb changes. Just shows they don't know how to play their own game. 150% additional range on an ability that Ragdolls enemies into the other room. Yea, that's useful; never.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Needs a rework? No... Deserve is a better word. More armor. His 1 should scale in dmg output like atlas, khora, gara's 1. His ult is great for cc but his one should synergies better and obliterate them while they float there... Or his roar could make them more resistant to damage or reduce base armor//health/shields... Or something.

Don't lose your time, just do what i'm doing now: 

-> Check comment 

-> Is there any argument with calculations, or factual situations being addressed? 

-> If yes, then discuss with him. If not, ignore him, treat him like the trash argument he used.  

It's way too easy for this kind of post to get full of stupid responses with common sense thought. "He is one of the most used frames, must be stronguuu".  

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

My Rhino cuts lvl 300 Armored enemies down in one hit. It's about savagery, endurance and strength not thoughtful or arbitrary use of "synergy" abilities that serve no purpose than to prevent 1 button spam. He uses all his abilities for one singular purpose. To smash things and he doesn't need any help doing it.

Also scaling his 1st ability is pointless when he hits harder with a weapon. Thankfully DE didn't screw him up when they added those dumb changes. Just shows they don't know how to play their own game. 150% additional range on an ability that Ragdolls enemies into the other room. Yea, that's useful; never.

Your Rhino is just normal. You won't ever need Roar to destroy level 300 enemies. 

A decent melee build alone can do this. Again, Roar is a good skill on a scenario where it's not needed. 

50 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

His powers dont cut them down. His weapons empowered by his roar do. Im a Rhino main. I love Rhino... Ive loved him from the first time i played him 5 yrs ago. However, even then... I wanted his abilities to damage enemies. I wanted his gore to kill... His stomp to stir enemies to their very core...

His 1 and 4 abilities are lack luster as damage dealers.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

49 minutes ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Your Rhino is just normal. You won't ever need Roar to destroy level 300 enemies. 

A decent melee build alone can do this. Again, Roar is a good skill on a scenario where it's not needed. 

Do note I said in one hit and I mean that without Condition Overload spoofing.

Melee cannot do that on it's own. You have to hit numerous times or puff up status effects with another weapon. Also I'm fighting lvl 300+ enemies in this example, why would any damage buff not be needed? It improves your kill rates regardless of "IF" you can kill something or not.

Roar is not simply good. It's the best Damage buff ie not debuff in the game. Mirage Eclipse might not be a total joke now but good luck keeping her alive. Very situational where as Roar is good at all times with any group comp. If only they made frames like Rhino still.

@(PS4)big_eviljak I'm having trouble thinking of a single frame DE has made in the past few years that actually just uses weapons, Garuda? Go back to early 2014 and all frames used weapons. I for one am glad he works the way he does and it's sad Chroma is so far under him in performance now. I despise these gimmick theme frames DE is making. Press 1 during 3 hold 4 while 1 is up blah blah. Just let me shoot things to good effect in a shooter.

Giving Charge a quasi Exalted ability like Atlas and Khora wouldn't help anyways cuz his weapons still do more damage. Those abilities can't make use of key melee mods like Blood Rush or Condition Overload so they're just a waste of energy to use when you have a buffed up melee weapon.

• 1 year later...
On 2019-07-20 at 12:31 AM, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

I was just on another thread trying to convince someone how rhino can tank better then chroma

Chroma's playstyle is not Tank but rather Berserker. Back to topic for Rhino I believe some changes are necessary especially with IRon Skin scaling. IF DE wants to make him tank then make him Survive ALL levels but getting weaker for fairness (small to small not a big jump, but still), Ironclad charge isn't enough still.

18 minutes ago, UltimaDead13X said:

IF DE wants to make him tank then make him Survive ALL levels but getting weaker for fairness

Maybe, just maybe, DE DOES NOT want Rhino to merely be a tank that isn't good for anything else.

He's currently nicely tanky, but also a strong Squad damage buffer and mass CC monster (plus some damage, even).
That is SO much better than just surviving.

Although, on the "surviving all levels" thing ... why can he not do that right now, in your experience / opinion?
With Shield Gating, you have a safety net for when you allow IS to run out, he's pretty much immortal as long as you have Energy.

Only thing about rhino is to get him to be good you need his augments lol

If im not mistaken, augments were just supposed to be a mere alternative to a form of gameplay however in some cases (especially with rhino) these augments are the only thing that make dead abilities like "rhino charge" become actual abilities.

They even invite synergy. These warframes should have this already imo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UltimaDead13X said:

Chroma's playstyle is not Tank but rather Berserker. Back to topic for Rhino I believe some changes are necessary especially with IRon Skin scaling. IF DE wants to make him tank then make him Survive ALL levels but getting weaker for fairness (small to small not a big jump, but still), Ironclad charge isn't enough still.

Rhino can reach 400k+ Iron Skin alone. Actually, you can go up to 1 million, literally alone.

Lots of bad arguments in this thread.....

Rhino may need a buff, but only in the synergy department. All of his abilities are disjointed from each other greatly, especially Roar. I'd argue that Ironclad charge should be built in, and maybe there should be some way to recast IS without the augment, but that's more QoL than a necessity. Why I singled out Roar is that while it's thematic like Rhino Charge and stomp, if you kept with the theme it would be a debuff of buff/debuff combo like charge and stomp are. It's not bad, but it almost feels like it belongs on a different frame. 

If it were up to me I'd make Roar either draw aggro and provide a small (not more than 30%) DR buff to allies or reduce enemy accuracy and fire rate if possible. Other than that Rhino is just fine. 

On 2021-01-13 at 1:25 AM, (XBOX)GodMasterTP said:

Rhino can reach 400k+ Iron Skin alone. Actually, you can go up to 1 million, literally alone.

At few hundred levels yes we do but at thousands of levels it isn't.

On 2021-01-12 at 11:44 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Maybe, just maybe, DE DOES NOT want Rhino to merely be a tank that isn't good for anything else.

He's currently nicely tanky, but also a strong Squad damage buffer and mass CC monster (plus some damage, even).
That is SO much better than just surviving.

Although, on the "surviving all levels" thing ... why can he not do that right now, in your experience / opinion?
With Shield Gating, you have a safety net for when you allow IS to run out, he's pretty much immortal as long as you have Energy.

Boi I ain't saying he is bad, he is great! Despite Buffing and some CC controls you cant rely on Iron Skin too much and higher levels (1000+) they eat that skin with no effort (1M armor doesn't perform well if you go on even higher levels). Shield Gating is a nice feature tbh As a Chroma Main it makes him tankier a but slow buff (Rework his skills when DE?), You have a opening  for save yourself. What I want is if DE makes Tank frames they should have higher survability but slowly degrading skills but withstand the enemy shots longer (Yep even at lvl 9999+).  Keyword is TANK FRAMES.

Edited by UltimaDead13X

Rhino is my boy don't be messing with him, perfect as he is.

Defense: can play without focusing and just enjoy the tile sets,

Buff:  great damage boost that just makes everything so easy to kill,

CC:  rarely use it but great to get out of a pinch if needed. 

Very few frames have it all. 

On 2021-01-17 at 12:00 AM, (XBOX)GodMasterTP said:

Why does it even matter anyways? Nobody with their sanity intact would bother about farming to this point, because DE would just ban you for farming more resources than they intended.

Looks at Octavia, Vauban, CC Status strat, and 7 hours in the Void and hiding like a f*cking clown:

are-you-sure-about-that-gif-transparent-  ARE U SURE ABOUT THAT?