Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WarriorSoundwave

Are Channeling Effects on Prime Accessories a Thing of the Past Now?

So the last two prime armor sets had no channeling effects added on to them. Was it intentional for them to not have channeling effects or do you guys over at DE just not want to have channeling effects anymore? Have you run out of ideas maybe? Not to mention every Prime syandana to date lacks channeling effects except for Citadella Prime. I just think it would be really cool to see some more channeling related stuff on prime accessories as it really spiced things up. 

They are going to rework channeling, so it might be because of that.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

They are going to rework channeling, so it might be because of that.

I mean it's possible but what about the prime stuff that already have channeling effects? Are they just gonna remove them? Because I'm sure there are people who might've bought certain accessories because of the prime channeling so there would be a lot of unhappy people.

11 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

I mean it's possible but what about the prime stuff that already have channeling effects? Are they just gonna remove them? Because I'm sure there are people who might've bought certain accessories because of the prime channeling so there would be a lot of unhappy people. 

I think it's obvious they don't really know what to do anymore. Just look at the effects of the Atavist, it's a shower of particles. Can't blame them, it's really hard to think of effects like this that tie up to the frame.

I'd very much have new armor sets come with an Ephemera directly, as they allow for a bit more freedome as the Corposant Prime demonstrates. Still, something must be done about Imugi and Isabeu Prime.

It’d be amazing if they went back and retroactively added some channeling effects to the Prime armor sets and syandanas that are missing them for Melee 3.0. Heck, I’d be much more likely to pick up accessory packs with Prime sugatras if they each had their own channeling effects as well. 

I would rather they removed the channeling effects from the accessories but move them to ephemeras instead. So people don't have to wait for melee 3.0 to drop if they want new shiny effects for their existing or upcoming Prime Accessories.

you can enable melee channeling by pressing middle click; it hasn't been removed, just changed to another key by default.

I would like to throw Prime Melee weapons in to this consideration as well.  In most all cases the difference in the primed version or the regular version is 90% cosmetic and almost no noticeable difference in game play.  But we all still want the primed versions for all its shiny parts.  So if its gonna stay mostly a cosmetic change then they should get some channeling effects as well.   Like the new Ninkondi Prime is an absolutely gorgeous weapon,  but what if when channeling was applied the ends opened up to expose the four flesh ripping claws that make up the current pointed tip.  Sure it's just a visual thing, but what a bad azz looking thing it would be. 

2 hours ago, icodious said:

I would like to throw Prime Melee weapons in to this consideration as well.  In most all cases the difference in the primed version or the regular version is 90% cosmetic and almost no noticeable difference in game play.  But we all still want the primed versions for all its shiny parts.  So if its gonna stay mostly a cosmetic change then they should get some channeling effects as well.   Like the new Ninkondi Prime is an absolutely gorgeous weapon,  but what if when channeling was applied the ends opened up to expose the four flesh ripping claws that make up the current pointed tip.  Sure it's just a visual thing, but what a bad azz looking thing it would be. 

Are you talking about moving parts when you channel? The fragor prime actually has little steam pumps that move when you do a charge attack. I'd personally  love to see more moving bits on prime melees for sure. 

Actually, this gives me an idea. Maybe DE can make a prime armor where instead of energy channeling it has a bunch of interlocking parts that move and open up when you channel or park our maybe. Think Quaro armor but primed.

that's exactly what I was eluding to if the difference is gonna be mostly cosmetic then make then awesome cosmetics.  Another reason I think the melee weapons need it because how often do wonder or double check to see if your channeling is activated because  either your energy choice isn't showing up well in that particular map or from someone elses energy color dominating  and making it hard to see?  if something on the weapon actually changed/moved  that issue is gone for good.   now to switch forum catagories so I can go dump on the new Zhuge prime and the ridiculousness of its self damage.