Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Primary Weapons?

Perky

Question

I've been out of the game for a long while, just got back and got my boltor to level 30.  I was gonna pop a second forma in it, but I was told that it's no longer that great.  Can anyone hit me with some opinions as to the best primary weapon?

17 answers to this question

I've been out of the game for a long while, just got back and got my boltor to level 30.  I was gonna pop a second forma in it, but I was told that it's no longer that great.  Can anyone hit me with some opinions as to the best primary weapon?

Don't listen to what you're told always. Read up on the weapons and find one that you like to use. They're all different and suit different play styles. Take the Dera vs. Supra. There's no doubt supra is stronger per shot, but how many shots are missed vs Dera? How much closer do you have to be in order for it to be effective.

The Boltor is still one of my favorites. Granted from a numbers perspective it's not the latest and greatest. But still very fun and with a high ranked serration and good modding anything is strong in this game.

Theres not best weapon... yes, but we can say which one is the best for X or Y thing. ex:

Massive crowd dmg ... Ogris

Single target dmg .... Corpus (Synapse), Flux/Lanka for infested

However In my opinion chose Ogris 'cause theres any massive crowd damage with the pistols, and yes there's the acrid for single target dmg.

Thanks for the responses.  I like the idea of having a solid crowd control device like the ogris and a powerful single target DPS weapon as a secondary.  Though I like the boltor, I think I'll drop my forma into ogris/acrid.  Thanks guys!

IMO, these are the best weapons:

prim: Flux, Soma* and Synapse.

sec: Acrid / Embolist

Melee is personal preference.

But if you are not in a clan, or your clan has not finished the research yet I'd go for:

prim: Boltor / Soma*

*(now the Soma is still on a lower mastery rank.)

IMO, these are the best weapons:

prim: Flux, Soma* and Synapse.

sec: Acrid / Embolist

Melee is personal preference.

But if you are not in a clan, or your clan has not finished the research yet I'd go for:

prim: Boltor / Soma*

*(now the Soma is still on a lower mastery rank.)

how can you even consider emolist to be the best when its soo bad right now?   confirmed by others*

No despair?  dang.