Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back Alerts... Alongside Nightwave

DCaedus

Let me start by saying that I love Nightwave is a thing. Even tho it may not be perfect, the rewards are great, and most challenges are easy enough, and others are challenging, which is great.

This is NOT a complain about Nightwave, not much to do with it in fact.

Again, I love that NW is a thing, however Alerts were many times rather convenient, Alerts for certain rare or useful resources like Neurodes, Cryotic, Oxium, Void Traces and Orokin Cells. Which there is no equivalent in NW. Cosmetic Helmets, Essential Aura, Nightmare and other mods like Corrosive Projection, Lethal Torrent, Animal Instinct. These are available in NW and Nightmare missions of course, but it was also nice and convenient being able to find them in Alerts. Finally Endo Alerts were a convenient way for very new players to get some endo to max those mandatory mods.

So It would be nice if we get at least some of these Alerts back alongside Nightwave.

Edited by D_Caedus
  • Like 4

telling stories? urgh. "the Wolf is on a single minded mission... except when he randomly attacks the Tenno, going so far as to invade the void!"
jesus, "telling stories". let me replace holo-mom with Darvo. now we have a story.

I still can't get why DE removed alerts, For veterans the removal is just "Ok I guess" but for new players? it's a nightmare. New Players doesn't have access to Nekros for resource farming right away because Lephantis is one of the hardest star chart boss. so they have to rely on alerts that is no longer exist to get their resources.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

telling stories? urgh. "the Wolf is on a single minded mission... except when he randomly attacks the Tenno, going so far as to invade the void!"
jesus, "telling stories". let me replace holo-mom with Darvo. now we have a story.

I agree. The lack of story in the Wolf of Saturn Six made it completely confusing. Why was he such a good inmate until then? Why is he attacking the Tenno? Shouldnt he be our ally? Why is Alad suddenly evil again? How many inmates were in this prison?

Story could have easily helped solve these issues. I still want to know why the Wolf is a coward and only fights you when you are leveling gear.

hace 7 minutos, DrivaMain dijo:

I still can't get why DE removed alerts, For veterans the removal is just "Ok I guess" but for new players? it's a nightmare. New Players doesn't have access to Nekros for resource farming right away because Lephantis is one of the hardest star chart boss. so they have to rely on alerts that is no longer exist to get their resources.

Exactly, I have met a lot of new players since NW started, and they all come across one main problem, the challenges are just too hard for them.

Even the ones that for us are the easiest like "Kill 150 enemies with X dmg or weapon type", are too hard for players that are just starting the game, which are the players that need the NW rewards the most.

There is absolutely no benefit to doing this.

The only thing they need to do is fix Nightwave Cred - it's too hard to come by, so every Act completed should reward a certain amount of it, in addition to standing.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Hey @D_Caedus ive added bonus resources to the Acts in the Nightwave Rework concept, and Ive credited you for the idea. I completely agree that these resources are beneficial to new players, and honestly should have been in Nightwave to begin with. If you dont want this added, or you dont want to be associated, please let me know and Ill remove it.

19 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

There is absolutely no benefit to doing this.

The only thing they need to do is fix Nightwave Cred - it's too hard to come by, so every Act completed should reward a certain amount of it, in addition to standing.

We actually made that a part of the rework concept. Im glad that you also agree.

We already have this, we just got a tactical alert and we will undoubtedly continue to get periodic alerts/gifts of the lotus. 

Any Alert that doesn't last at least 24hrs isn't worth having.  

If people need some semblance of fluidity in the Warframe Universe there are always Invasions. 

hace 23 minutos, DariusMcSwag dijo:

Hey @D_Caedus ive added bonus resources to the Acts in the Nightwave Rework concept, and Ive credited you for the idea. I completely agree that these resources are beneficial to new players, and honestly should have been in Nightwave to begin with. If you dont want this added, or you dont want to be associated, please let me know and Ill remove it.

We actually made that a part of the rework concept. Im glad that you also agree.

Thanks a lot for the credit man, I just want this amazing game to keep getting better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DariusMcSwag said:

The thing is right now you can do part of the Nightwave challenges and recieve full Nightwave credits without completing all NW missions, if they change it to a fixed number of credits per challenge then players are going to feel obligated to complete every NW challenge,

You think people are burned out now? 

4 hours ago, DariusMcSwag said:

I agree. The lack of story in the Wolf of Saturn Six made it completely confusing. Why was he such a good inmate until then? Why is he attacking the Tenno? Shouldnt he be our ally? Why is Alad suddenly evil again? How many inmates were in this prison?

Story could have easily helped solve these issues. I still want to know why the Wolf is a coward and only fights you when you are leveling gear.

and the moment he ran into Salad his quest for the guy that tortured him and his dudes in the prison just poofs away. and I can see a lot of potential story why, but it seems more like "this week is written by someone else who didn't know about what last week was about" typical on TV shows.

Arlo seems to have a more coherent structure... thus far... but I doubt we will learn anything about him, other than "that snakes oil salesman uses him to get all the grofit". as far as what I would think is cool is if he was like a respawned ancient back in human form, or at least some atavism that led to that kind of orokin that became ancients, which would explain his healing powers. but my theory of "this week's writer" means I don't expect anyone on the writing team to even remember those healers were even a thing. so it will just be "week 3 forgets to even mention Arlo" and at week 4 we will be killing him for his weapon parts.

2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

and the moment he ran into Salad his quest for the guy that tortured him and his dudes in the prison just poofs away. and I can see a lot of potential story why, but it seems more like "this week is written by someone else who didn't know about what last week was about" typical on TV shows.

Arlo seems to have a more coherent structure... thus far... but I doubt we will learn anything about him, other than "that snakes oil salesman uses him to get all the grofit". as far as what I would think is cool is if he was like a respawned ancient back in human form, or at least some atavism that led to that kind of orokin that became ancients, which would explain his healing powers. but my theory of "this week's writer" means I don't expect anyone on the writing team to even remember those healers were even a thing. so it will just be "week 3 forgets to even mention Arlo" and at week 4 we will be killing him for his weapon parts.

I am betting that he is somehow the Infested Hive Mind. It feels like each new addition to the story in Nightwave now is made on the spot, completely secondary to everything else. Thats what the Nightwave Rework concept tries to solve, by putting the story center stage while interconnecting the acts to help give backstory and progress the plot forward, instead of hearing a blurb every two weeks.

34 minutes ago, DariusMcSwag said:

I am betting that he is somehow the Infested Hive Mind

that would not be the worst explanation, except the Hive Mind is so confused by warframes being the same flesh as they that they attack on sight. so why is the Hive Mind suddenly doing high concept infiltration via healing and building a cult slowly... when just dropping an infested poop on a planet does the trick faster and doesn't require learning new concepts like "this person is not the same as me", which seems to even be something they can't figure out when taking over cephalons, if the Golem fight is anything to go by

Just now, Rawbeard said:

that would not be the worst explanation, except the Hive Mind is so confused by warframes being the same flesh as they that they attack on sight. so why is the Hive Mind suddenly doing high concept infiltration via healing and building a cult slowly... when just dropping an infested poop on a planet does the trick faster and doesn't require learning new concepts like "this person is not the same as me", which seems to even be something they can't figure out when taking over cephalons, if the Golem fight is anything to go by

They could be trying a different approach. Traditionally, the Hive Mind sends out its spawn to consume everything on sight, but that is met with aggression and retaliation. It could be evolving to try and convert others willingly to be with the Infested, which definitely would be a twist. 

This kind of needs its own post. I dont want to take away from the OP.