Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deluxe concept dissonance between players and Developers

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

The community didn't really have many comments on the changes themselves just about the whole firing and were more or less if it was gonna lead to a firing were bad changes which kind of takes out the objectivity of it. And as before basically every deluxe is under fire from the community here though it's generally a vocal minority at the end of the day so they didn't make changes.

I have gotten graxx and that's ok. i've tested coloring the tennogen and i dislike them IT's why I have one setup for her prime which a barely use as deviating form the colors there kills it. Vermillion which i quite like adn a graxx I haven't used since i got the vermillion

They had tons to say or did you not read threads around the time of the whole debacle? People were saying they agreed it was poor decision well before it was even established the Ignus no longer had a contract with DE as a result of it. And no dissent of deluxes is not a standard thing, and that you think it is just a loud minority is you pulling conclusions out of thin air. 

Majesty is also quite nice if you aren't looking for the grineer aesthetic, and without butchering her model. I imagine her immortal would be grand as well if they ever got to giving it pbr. But to each their own, I don't know how one can get around that ugly model alterations on the burnt chicken skin however. 

Well, people are free to voice their opinions, just as you have done here. 

Saying "this would have been better suited to frame x instead of frame Y" is a valid opinion, 

It can be completely ignored and be wrong,

Just like saying "this sucks" or "this is awesome" is an opinion especially when it comes to art forms and cosmetics, beauty is in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes. 

The final decision still lies with the ones who actually make the game, that is DE. 

If the opinion has a strong enough following it may be considered and changes may be made for it ( revenant and Garuda's 4 come to mind). 

I do agree that it does not need to be similar to the original concept, deviating from the base is what deluxe skins should be doing. 

Yes, deluxe skins are meant to differ from the the 'frames base appearance, but I believe they should still maintain some consistency with the primary theme(s) of the 'frame. Which is my main problem with these new deluxe skins. Nothing about Excalibur's theme or kit says "Asian" to me; same goes for the Khora and also the Limbo deluxe. Limbo has close to nothing to do with sentients, and yet he got a sentient themed skin. The Nidus skin does follow his main theme, but like the Atlas skin, it's overly cluttered, and could be considered borderline lore breaking. Frankly, I think the Nezha skin was his best work, the rest of the skins he's designed have a number of clipping issues and, in some cases, are impossible to add armor to.

Riddle me this, 

Why does Embers Deluxe look like it should be for Zephyr, Why does Ivaras Deluxe look like they took Khora and Equinox and tossed them in a blender? Why does Limbos Deluxe look ...... nothing like anything, to the point that to this day I'd be much happier if it had just been it's own frame.

Deluxe skins should be a departure from the base BUT they should also read as the base in some way shape and or form. If you can flash a picture of the Deluxe with no context as to what frame it is for and people can't readily identify it..... ya dun messed up. 

Edited by Oreades

A different theme or design is cool, but imo they should still follow some of the characters key features that makes them recognizable. That's a problem with several deluxe skins, especially ones that even looks like other frames.

They also tend to re-use designs, like the Khora-style helmet/head for example, or whoever got it first.

Usually there is someone who's job is to keep designers within certain styles/rules/metrics and providing guidelines, but in DE they really dont seem to work this way or even care. Of course they do what they want with their game, but of course people will also react differently to this wild and confusing way of doing things.

Ultimately it is supposed to sell though, and I cant say I've spent much on deluxe skins so far. Judging by comments in various threads about this topic, this seems to be the case for many others as well. 

Git gud, DE.