Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we just ok with this now?

knighthawke

So, 92 samples with Nekros, Smeeta Kavat, and a double resource booster is "Raining in the Derelict"? How hard can it be to just reduce the requirements to something reasonable and then reimburse the clans that already did the research to their vaults? Or is a 50+ hour grind for one weapon just acceptable now?

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, knighthawke said:

Or is a 50+ hour grind for one weapon just acceptable now?

Yes, "now" it is acceptable.

There was a time when this was considered completely unacceptable. We were all up in arms like you are today. It is a shame you missed that debate by a couple of years.

But then we realized that we'd get the weapon anyway and most clans have the Hema and we now think back to it in terms of "well, that was rough, but it was doable and we did it."

• Like 10

It's going to take forever and a lot of patience for a solo clan.

Sure, it's "doable" if you are ok with repeating the same tedious job over and over again for days.

Either you join a clan with more members or buy it with plat. I chose the later one.

I don't like mutagen sample being so rare. On top of that, you can only farm mutagen sample in Derelict which doesn't have match making(Eris is not an option because the drop chance is too low).

Edited by yles9056

Topics like this make want to go in game and use my Hema even more than I already do.  LMAO. 

That said, I have done the Hema reseach twice for two different clans even though I didn't need to as I bought it in a bundle on release.  I can honestly say that the research isn't as bad as most like to say IF all the members in the clan are ACTIVELY contributing.  This is one thing that caused my first clan to dump tons and tons of inactive members who had suddenly become dead weight for the Hema research. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
autocorrect changed dump to dumb. LOL
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Topics like this make want to go in game and use my Hema even more than I already do.  LMAO. 

That said, I have done the Hema reseach twice for two different clans even though I didn't need to as I bought it in a bundle on release.  I can honestly say that the research isn't as bad as most like to say IF all the members in the clan are ACTIVELY contributing.  This is one thing that caused my first clan to dumb tons and tons of inactive members who had suddenly become dead weight for the Hema research. 

Sadly, the fact that this weapon, no matter what the perceived value is, is still considered a clan research project.  The values are intentionally bloated for that purpose alone.  I think that people conveniently omitting that particular detail is the source of frustration, but hey, blame the game I guess.

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

At this point they should make a true solo clan tier with only 1/1 places to reduce it to a normal level.

Because that's where I am, after being sick and tired of jumping from clan to clan to clan to clan to clan because they always disband or become inactive which is not my fault.

Right there with ya on that one, Solo clan owner on the Switch, and its gonna stay that way.

"Now"? You're painfully late to this topic.

The biggest thing to point out here is that it's a clan research and it manages to be the only clan research that makes you remember that you're part of a clan and that your other clan members are capable of contributing.

If your clan was helping contribute then that 92 samples could have been 368; only about 14 runs at that rate to finish it. If you're in an inactive clan or a larger one then you'd best get to downsizing, culling, or finding new members. If instead you're in a solo clan then you're intentionally disadvantaging yourself and have no room to complain about research costs.

• Like 1

Just a small tip, instead of using double resource booster try use drop chance booster or just both, i find it much easier that way. I finished that weapon research with only two people,  me and my friend in a ghost clan, roughly less than in one week 

• Like 1

I used to absolutely love my hema. Then I grew into end game content and now I switched to that infested beam weapon with really good crit. I know hems CAN be viable, especially with a riven, but it's just not worth It. I don't want to have my primary get sidelined by my catchmoon every time I go in a mission. I really loved my hems, and I didn't want to give up on it, but it just can't compete. Considering the effort it takes to unlock, I wish it was better ;-;

All these replies are out of their mind. The research cost is a mistake that DE refuses to budge on, and it will probably stay the way it is for the rest of the game's life. The most comparable weapon is the sibear, however that grind acceptable because the resource comes from any excavation mission. Because of that players will build up some as they play, and if they want to farm for it, they can. Mutagen samples however, come from one place (technically 2, but effectively 1) and it's also gated behind the outdated and awful derelict key system, and it doesn't have matchmaking, so you will always be going out of your way to farm them. I will point out that this farm wouldn't be so bad if the amount they asked for wasn't so nonsensically high, but it is, combining that with the frustrating low drop rate/amount is why it's unacceptable. So no, it's not ok, and the people that defend this grind are delusional.

The icing on the cake is that in the end, the weapon is really whatever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

Here's the thing that kills me or makes me really laugh out loud.  If the Hema is really such a "whatever" weapon, then why are there so many complaints about getting it.

Think about this for a second.  Even if chasing MR, that 3000 points doesn't really matter.  Also if you think the weapon is subpar, then getting it REALLY doesn't matter. 

This pretty much leaves the final complaint to be nothing more than "I WANT it because it's there." 

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the thing that kills me or makes me really laugh out loud.  If the Hema is really such a "whatever" weapon, then why are there so many complaints about getting it.

Think about this for a second.  Even if chasing MR, that 3000 points doesn't really matter.  Also if you think the weapon is subpar, then getting it REALLY doesn't matter. 

This pretty much leaves the final complaint to be nothing more than "I WANT it because it's there." 

Well it does have a reasonably interesting mechanic. But that doesn't make it's performance actually anything special. Most of the best weapons are the most basic things that just have particularly good stats.

Hema is special for more than just it's cost, but that doesn't make it worth being such an outlier in research cost.

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Really? This is the thing you're going with? This is the thing you're going to try and excuse a legitimate mistake with? Wow. MR has no place in this argument, the issue is that the grind is a massive outlier. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

All these replies are out of their mind. The research cost is a mistake that DE refuses to budge on, and it will probably stay the way it is for the rest of the game's life. The most comparable weapon is the sibear, however that grind acceptable because the resource comes from any excavation mission. Because of that players will build up some as they play, and if they want to farm for it, they can. Mutagen samples however, come from one place (technically 2, but effectively 1) and it's also gated behind the outdated and awful derelict key system, and it doesn't have matchmaking, so you will always be going out of your way to farm them. I will point out that this farm wouldn't be so bad if the amount they asked for wasn't so nonsensically high, but it is, combining that with the frustrating low drop rate/amount is why it's unacceptable. So no, it's not ok, and the people that defend this grind are delusional.

You're missing the point, which is:

59 minutes ago, trst said:

"Now"? You're painfully late to this topic.

The biggest thing to point out here is that it's a clan research and it manages to be the only clan research that makes you remember that you're part of a clan and that your other clan members are capable of contributing.

If your clan was helping contribute then that 92 samples could have been 368; only about 14 runs at that rate to finish it. If you're in an inactive clan or a larger one then you'd best get to downsizing, culling, or finding new members. If instead you're in a solo clan then you're intentionally disadvantaging yourself and have no room to complain about research costs.

56 minutes ago, SlashyMcStabbington said:

I used to absolutely love my hema. Then I grew into end game content and now I switched to that infested beam weapon with really good crit. I know hems CAN be viable, especially with a riven, but it's just not worth It. I don't want to have my primary get sidelined by my catchmoon every time I go in a mission. I really loved my hems, and I didn't want to give up on it, but it just can't compete. Considering the effort it takes to unlock, I wish it was better ;-;

The reason it's not better is that it is a status based weapon with practically unlimited ammo with a built in healing mechanic.  The fact that you can have either viral and corrosive or gas along with it is pure gravy.  Any more positives would be a bit over the top, in a game that already boasts quite a bit of OTT nonsense.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

Really? This is the thing you're going with? This is the thing you're going to try and excuse a legitimate mistake with? Wow. MR has no place in this argument, the issue is that the grind is a massive outlier. 

I'm not trying to excuse anything.  I want people to say the REAL reason they are upset and not some BS argument that is just smoke and mirrors covering that reason. 

Basically it's like this, If the Hema is such a worthless weapon in your eyes, then WHY do you or others want it? 

Since I have it and have actually USED the weapon, I know better.  Especially after having done the research twice already when I didn't need to as a way to help others in my clans. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You're missing the point, which is:

The reason it's not better is that it is a status based weapon with practically unlimited ammo with a built in healing mechanic.  The fact that you can have either viral and corrosive or gas along with it is pure gravy.  Any more positives would be a bit over the top, in a game that already boasts quite a bit of OTT nonsense.

No no, you're missing the point. There have always been weapons that have asked for a lot, the Ignis wraith for example wants 1000 detonate ampules, the knux wants 20k cryotic, the Lenz wants 1000 Fieldron samples. The shaku wants 11k polymer bundles. These big "clan" projects have existed. The Hema is exponentially more than any other.

The real farm for hema takes only a few hours. Trade for the plat and just buy it.

This is probably the only item in the game where it's just SOOOOO much easier to build up plat and buy it.

Edited by stormy505

4 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

The real farm for gems takes only a few hours. Trade for the plat and just buy it.

This is probably the only item in the game where it's just SOOOOO much easier to build up plat and buy it.

Technically it's worth Clan Affinity too, though. If that even matters to people... 😛

Edited by Ascarith
XP. Affinity. Words.

17 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm not trying to excuse anything.  I want people to say the REAL reason they are upset and not some BS argument that is just smoke and mirrors covering that reason. 

Basically it's like this, If the Hema is such a worthless weapon in your eyes, then WHY do you or others want it? 

Since I have it and have actually USED the weapon, I know better.  Especially after having done the research twice already when I didn't need to as a way to help others in my clans. 

I'm amused you're bringing up that you have it. I do too, but it's irrelevant anyway. It's a weapon that's in the game for people to use, just like anything else. Players are going to see it as they progress through the dojo just like everything else. When they start to go for it, they will realize how outrageous it is, for example, the op. So enough with your hand waving non argument.

1 minute ago, SPplayer76 said:

I'm amused you're bringing up that you have it. I do too, but it's irrelevant anyway. It's a weapon that's in the game for people to use, just like anything else. Players are going to see it as they progress through the dojo just like everything else. When they start to go for it, they will realize how outrageous it is, for example, the op. So enough with your hand waving non argument.

So, more smoke and mirrors.  Not one of you in this topic has said WHY you want it.  Wanting it for Dojo progress and or MR progress doesn't really matter in the grand scheme because of it's low value/points for that progress. 

So again, Why go through this unnecessary trouble for so little gain?  If those are the real reasons for wanting it, it should be easily ignored