Trading Steam Warframe Expansions for tf2/csgo keys breaks TOS?

1 hour ago, punish_me said:

You cant put any kind of gift to your inventory in steam to trade it later directly for keys with steam trading system. 

But you still can gift pack to your friend. And your friend still can gift you keys. But not at the same moment 🙂

So they made a deal with valve to disallow trading of their game... meaning the game is not region locked... meaning a Russian player can get the packs and such cheaper...

Then again, a Russian ephemera looks the same as a north America  ephemera. Lol.

Got to wait for an actual reply for my ticket, but good to know that this was a thing. If it ends up being allowed and the packs are not region locked, that would be interesting.

Steam item for another steam item in a single trade is allowed

If it requires another trade (promise based trade) it's not allowed, if it's warframe related, support won't help or punish you if something goes wrong, if it has something from another game, then yes, they will strike hard.

However, while what you sugest is allowed in general, it does count as an exploit, 2 players are using the benefits from the country itself to buy things cheaper for one another.

If it's to expensive for you, you try to circunvent the system by asking another player to gift you something and you trade them something in the steam inventory, this will likely be detected, it will be flagged as an exploit and bans will be permanent.

I understand you're trying to do something shady and trying hard to find a legitimate excuse if something goes wrong.

Exploits like that only have 1 result.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Nibelhim said:

So they made a deal with valve to disallow trading of their game... meaning the game is not region locked... meaning a Russian player can get the packs and such cheaper...

I dont understand your logic 🙂 Do you want cheaper pack from another region?

Two cases about trading in steam now (where is warframe is usual instance):

1) No game gifts wich can stored in steam inventory, only gifts via email or friend list directly. 

2) You cant gift a game from cheaper region to another more expensive region with difference more than 10%. Russia -> America, etc.

Thats steam rules for all games not warframe exclusively 🙂 

Also, dont forget that for me as russian pack for $5 is same expensive as for you - $30 because of huge difference in standart of living and salaries.

• Like 1

Well, if you are really, really desperate, there are many ways to mess around with region and all. I should not post that here, though, because trying it is asking for an insta ban if found out.

But if you really want to know how, it's not hard to find the methods.

4 hours ago, punish_me said:

I dont understand your logic 🙂 Do you want cheaper pack from another region?

Two cases about trading in steam now (where is warframe is usual instance):

1) No game gifts wich can stored in steam inventory, only gifts via email or friend list directly. 

2) You cant gift a game from cheaper region to another more expensive region with difference more than 10%. Russia -> America, etc.

Thats steam rules for all games not warframe exclusively 🙂 

Also, dont forget that for me as russian pack for $5 is same expensive as for you - $30 because of huge difference in standart of living and salaries.

Oh. Havnt really traded games in a while. Man those were the good old days where skyrim was 2 keys, valve complete pack was 4. Etc.