Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

seriuos noob help

Mifurre

Question

Hello everyone!

I just started playing 3 days ago and I have a lot of questions and trouble.

I'll try to avoid wall-texting.

I'm excal currently lvl 27 mk1-breton 8 starting pistol lvl 28 skana lvl 27 and idk blade Max 

I've leveled vit, shield and all pure damage mods for all to 5

I won't be able to kill Mars guardian anytime soon.

I'm actually doing normal quests but it's getting harder and harder and I'm about to bottleneck really hard.

What should I do to improve?

Thanks in advance.

16 answers to this question

the spy missions can get you some pretty good mods when you clear all 3 vaults.

endless missions with 4 players up to wave20(defense)/20 minutes(survival) for a chance of some good mods. When there are more players in a mission, more enemies spawn= more loot. Excavation missions are the fastest way to get a lot relics

get some equipment other than the mk1 stuff as soon as you can. A lot of fighting in the starchart will be pretty close range, so get a shotgun. Hek or Sobek are pretty good, Sobek has a pretty long reload time though.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Mifurre said:

excal [...] kill Mars guardian

Radial Blind should be a win button here, it not only stuns but also
makes enemies take 8x regular Melee damage as well as opening them up to (Armor-ignoring) Finishers.
Especially with Exalted Blade, you should be melting those Rail Specters like nothing.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Mifurre said:

all pure damage mods for all to 5

Don't neglect elemental damage Mods, they're not just for Status effects in case that's what you were thinking,
elemental damage is always active (and will play a big part in your damage output), procs are a bonus on top of that.

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Mifurre said:

it's getting harder and harder and I'm about to bottleneck really hard.

What should I do to improve?

Those starter weapons are pretty much there (for Mastery and) to be replaced by something better,
e.g. regular Braton / Strun / maybe Karak if you can craft that should serve you better than anything MK-1.

Better Mods will likely be the biggest factor still, mind.

• Like 3

There's a lot of things you can do, but if I remember, getting Rhino was one of my first goals.

His part blueprints drop from the Jackal on Fossa, Venus and his final blueprint is in the market for 35,000 credits. He's an excellent Warframe and will easily run through most of the starchart with minimal mod investment.

Vitality, Steel Fiber are good to help most frames survive longer and Steel Fiber will boost Rhino's iron skin ability along with ability strength mods. Don't worry about maxing out Vitality right away, getting it to rank 7 or 8 is a solid place to get it and not cost too much endo. (I ran a lot of my 10 rank mods at 8 for a long time because of the cost).

While you work on getting his blueprints and the materials to build them, try getting new weapons up to rank 30 for the mastery points and take the tests as they become available. (you don't have to get to rank 30 as the last few levels require more XP to gain but if you ever intend to max rank everything you'll end up going back to re level them)

A good primary weapon goal is the Vectis (sniper rifle) at MR2, and the Hek (shotgun) at MR4. Both can be effective with just a few mods (damage, multishot, elementals) and are excellent once a "full build" is put on them. The Lex is a solid secondary at MR3. Most weapons are usable but these stand out at the earlier MR levels and scale well into later missions with better mods.

Edited by selimsrm

14 hours ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

I know people will hate my statement. Rhino is one of the best frame for new player

Honestly dont understand the hate there, yes Rhino is simple, but that's what makes your statement absolutely correct. Rhino is great for new players sense it allows a lot of wiggle room at the press of the 2 button, and allows them to slowly learn to get better at the game through a high tank that will be effective even in later content. 

So while yes, it is 'noob' frame, and really simple to use, for a new player it should be a goal, for they dont have a crap tone of mods to make things viable, so having just a solid frame that works straight out of the box is great. (so should you receive any hate, ill defend you to the deatttthh! xD )

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎21 at 5:23 AM, (NSW)Mifurre said:

Wow that's some really good tips! Thank you all.

Now I have many things to focus on and to continue to improve in this impressive game!

Hey if you friend me I might be able to help you out with some rare mods. Not sure what I have, but I know I won't need any of the duplicates. Also, I can help you through some of the later stuff once you get stuck. 

2 hours ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

dont understand the hate there

It's not about Rhino being good or bad, it's more that Iron Skin can lead to some seriously bad habits,
like ignoring the mobility / defensive options the game offers and instead just standing there tanking hits,
which on many other Frames will end badly, and thus might make that player forever ignore non-tank Frames / builds,
i.e. ones that might provide so much more to the rest of the Squad than just someone who doesn't need to be revived all the time.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

i.e. ones that might provide so much more to the rest of the Squad than just someone who doesn't need to be revived all the time.

Ahhhhh I can see and understand those points, He does encourage a lot of 'stand and just take it' play style with his lower movement speed/lack of real mobility, and should a new player jump into that without any other context they might think that the only 'real' way to play the game, and not put time into playing anything more complicated. 

My only thing to...well consider, is that if they jump in with a few other players and see such a variety, watch them launch ahead and finish a mission faster than they ever could alone, and aren't at least a LITTLe curious about branching out and getting better at dodging and gunning and not being a tank frame, then maybe tank frames are just what they are meant to use/what there skills allow.

BUT I do admit if they just sit on Rhino/other tank frames do to starting with them and not actively working on getting better, then well, if they didn't find the tank frame in the first place it begs the question if they even would have gotten into warframe in its entirety in the first place to...or if they would have just left after the first few set backs of dying and never decided to get better anyway, so might as well have them in the game having fun while still being slow and 'unhelpful' right? sort of? maybe?

Though I get not wanting to perpetuate that, the main thing should be making sure they understand that they have other options, Rhino is just the one that will give them the most 'wiggle room' to learn everything in the moment. Then, after there mod collection grows along with there weapons selection, encourage branching out and learning different warframes, but, if they play alone theirs no one there to do that...but if there asking here in the first place this can happen. Just encourage Rhino as a starting point, then 'whatever you want' after that.

I would suggest farming and building a Rhino and buying (with credits) non-mk1 weapons...I can't remember which ones CAN be bought with credits, you can just scan through all the primary, secondary and melee weapons to see for yourself.

Max out your mods:

Warframe: vitality, armor, power strength, power efficiency, power duration, 

Weapons: damage, multishot, pure lightning dmg (no status effect), pure toxic dmg (no status effect) and pure cold dmg (no status effect) mods.

If you've played enough to accumulate a good handful of relics, go into relic fissure missions to get a Paris prime and a lex prime as your new go to weapons.

A side note: use your free platinum for a Warframe slot and a few weapon slots.

Edited by (XB1)D00M INCARNATE

Hi, a noob here as well. My Rhino is about to finish being built and I have bought Orokin Reactor from Nightwave so Im wondering is it worth using it on Rhino?

Also where can you get some decent mods for weapons that people are talking about? I like using Hek, but I dont have anything good for it aside from basic increase damage and elemental damage.

On 2019-07-22 at 8:16 PM, (NSW)Badger said:

Hey if you friend me I might be able to help you out with some rare mods. Not sure what I have, but I know I won't need any of the duplicates. Also, I can help you through some of the later stuff once you get stuck. 

I forgot to say that I'm playing on Nintendo switch and most people here are on PC right?

On 2019-07-26 at 1:32 AM, (NSW)Badger said:

The (NSW) before our names shows we're nintenno. I actually have seen a lot of all four communities here. 

wow that's awesome and pretty obvious lol sure I'll add you! and for anyone who wants I post my friend code SW-8210-1492-3927