Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • 0
xreaperx22

best melee weapon for noob (me)

Question

so i have enough components to build a better melee weapon and im thinking of maybe getting the Gram but want to make sure its a decent weapon before i pull the trigger on it,ill mainly use it against infected so the high slash is a good thing,i can also build the Scindo if thats better than Gram,Also im about to build a better primary weapon and am thinking of the Karak is that any good? im going to eventually build the Vectis when i have the parts but until then hmm.any help would be great thanks!

 

forgot to say im a 23 Volt and use a Braton at 18 and a Lato at 10 and the bo you start with lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

The Sarpa !!!

latest?cb=20160819234433

Its an MR 8 Gun Blade that helped me break into a lot of Content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like the gram stick with it ( I personally didn't like it in the early days that I played also with volt because of the attack speed, even with 2 it felt way too slow).
For the most content until maybe mot you can go with the Guandao/Orthos Prime and a descent build - pressure point, range, berserker, elementals and eventually Blood Rush/Drifting Contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

so i have enough components to build a better melee weapon and im thinking of maybe getting the Gram but want to make sure its a decent weapon before i pull the trigger on it,ill mainly use it against infected so the high slash is a good thing,i can also build the Scindo if thats better than Gram,Also im about to build a better primary weapon and am thinking of the Karak is that any good? im going to eventually build the Vectis when i have the parts but until then hmm.any help would be great thanks!

dual zoren is a really good weapon to use. it's naturally a fast weapon. and the enemy is usually too caught up by the damage and status to attack back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Agentarizoa339 said:

dual zoren is a really good weapon to use. it's naturally a fast weapon. and the enemy is usually too caught up by the damage and status to attack back. 

dual zoren hmm yeah i need 2 more morphics to build that,so would that be better than the Gram or Scindo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xreaperx22 said:

how do you make a prime weapon? do you level up a regular weapon then upgrade it or what?

Prime weapons are obtained through getting there components from Relics. They are separate weapons from there base counter parts, and besides usually one rare resource that they require a decent amount of (usually orokin cells) they wont require any other things to create besides the parts. Catch is youll need to find the relics that contain the parts for the weapon you want, and then get lucky with those relics containing the part you want and not one of the other parts they could have, but, still. Usually primes are things you go for later after you work through a bit further into the game (though many will recommend them as they are objectively better, but you dont need them right now, as your still pretty new, so id focus on building base weapons you think are cool, like your Karak and Gram, then seeing if you can find other weapons that you like the play style of, then seeing if they have other variants for you to go for, like how the Karak has the Karak Wraith and the Gram has the Gram Prime, and so on.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would recommend high range weapon,cause range is important (really important, and even more important in late game). 

Orthos prime:
base - 3.2m

Scoliak:
base - 4.2

Atterax:
base - 4.5

Plague kripath:
Base range - 3.2m

This numbers are just my own tests. But this range is GOOD. With reach (or primed reach) mod it will be pretty nice. And even if u will have riven...heh.

Gram range is like 2.3 but its with some steps forward in attack,so its hard to tell its real range. Also, gram prime is very slow. Idk, i cant use it after decent speed builds.

Also strong weapons are "dual raza" (high crit multy) , ninkondi prime (dont simply look at numbers, its power in stance and hidden multistrikes from it), Wukong exalted weapon. 

I also like Vaykor Sidon, cause its decent stated weapon with a good riven disposition and kinda cheap rivens AND with some decent abilities (reduce knockdown chance and active ability like from EXcalibur to blind people).

(btw when i was noob,  i was running with potatoed heated sword and was pretty happy :3 cause it was strong enough x) After that changed it for Broken sword (from quest in future, dont spoil lore for urself)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cassowar with Condition Overlord builds and Orthos Prime with crit builds can be great. They are also easy to acquire and build and both have long distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

so i have enough components to build a better melee weapon and im thinking of maybe getting the Gram but want to make sure its a decent weapon before i pull the trigger on it,ill mainly use it against infected so the high slash is a good thing,i can also build the Scindo if thats better than Gram,Also im about to build a better primary weapon and am thinking of the Karak is that any good? im going to eventually build the Vectis when i have the parts but until then hmm.any help would be great thanks!

 

forgot to say im a 23 Volt and use a Braton at 18 and a Lato at 10 and the bo you start with lol

Unlike primary and secondary weapons, melee weapons are good all around. Regardless of which ones you'll claim as your favorite, you'll need to build and level every one for MR exp.

Gram (Prime) is my favorite 2h weapon. It's not as slow as most of the 2 handers, and a crit build will cause it to spin like a top. A slashing weapon with the viral status, is good against anyone -- not just infected.

Karak is a good bullet hose, just like any automatic rifle. But, Soma will always be the king. 

If I could give you any piece of non-bias advice, it would be to build all the weapons that don't need something crazy (forma, argon crystals, etc) first. These are your basic, beginner weapons. From there, you can slowly complete the invasions. This will net you grineer & corpus weapon components, weapon pieces, weapon BPs, and other assorted goodies.

Good luck.

:hexis::suda:



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool thanks for the info guys! appreciate it! I got the karak to try it out and wow what a difference from the braton,loving it so far,and i have the Gram building right now,heard a lot of good things about it,im sure ill like it over the bo.....ok so another question how do you make a prime weapon? do you level up a regular weapon then upgrade it or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

i would recommend high range weapon,cause range is important (really important, and even more important in late game). 

Orthos prime:
base - 3.2m

Scoliak:
base - 4.2

Atterax:
base - 4.5

Plague kripath:
Base range - 3.2m

This numbers are just my own tests. But this range is GOOD. With reach (or primed reach) mod it will be pretty nice. And even if u will have riven...heh.

Gram range is like 2.3 but its with some steps forward in attack,so its hard to tell its real range. Also, gram prime is very slow. Idk, i cant use it after decent speed builds.

Also strong weapons are "dual raza" (high crit multy) , ninkondi prime (dont simply look at numbers, its power in stance and hidden multistrikes from it), Wukong exalted weapon. 

I also like Vaykor Sidon, cause its decent stated weapon with a good riven disposition and kinda cheap rivens AND with some decent abilities (reduce knockdown chance and active ability like from EXcalibur to blind people).

(btw when i was noob,  i was running with potatoed heated sword and was pretty happy :3 cause it was strong enough x) After that changed it for Broken sword (from quest in future, dont spoil lore for urself)

cool thanks for info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...