Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner now unequips every time you melee...

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

It's been unfixed for a few patches now, really annoying for both mining and codex scanning.

Before melee rework, you could use your melee weapon while codex scanning, nowadays, when you melee, you see the name of the melee weapon pop in the hud as you hit, follow to the weapon auto-switching to your primary or secondary weapon, instead of switching back to your codex scanner. This makes any scanning or mining really tedious, as you can litterally no longer fight back and flow between melee and scanning...

Can provide video or keybinds if needed (if this is keybind-specific) ?

Also, another lingering issue that's been bugging me for months. When I enter captura, the game tells me to touchpad swipe left to activate captura mode... Yet said inputs do not register... Meaning if I ever want to captura, I have to rebind my "place marker" button somewhere else than touchpad temporarily because it's not supported...

Yeah, I think I posted a topic myself a while back on the matter... I just feel it might be stuck in WNF limbo at this point... Which is imho not a good solution... Hence why it's important to bring this back up till it's at least acknowledged by DE as being an intended "nerf" / "worsening of combat fluididy during actions" or a "Bug".

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

I have two huge weapon swap bugs i would like addressed.   

1. when you try to go from melee to firing a gun, the gun will only fire 1 shot even if it has 120 rounds in the clip.  You have to let up and pull the trigger again to make it go into automatic fire.   That is not great for fluidity.  

2.  Like you said, we cant switch back to codex scanner from melee which is a huge pain in the @^&.  Cephalon Targets and Kavat DNA DEPEND on your ability to do this...  Maybe it would be better if they just add a way to send out codex scan pulses or something.  Make scanning more passive so we do not have to actively do it.  For example.   When we are near ceph targets or kavats our radar could pick, they could be highlighted on our maps,  they could get glowy outlines on our screens.   Then you would pull out the scanner and use it.   You would not have to pull it out and use it until you have found something to scan.    As opposed to now where you need to use the scanner to FIND stuff and then again to scan them.   Having to look for the targets is where all the problems happen because you have to fight through stuff to get to the scan targets.  So you have to switch back and forth 50 times.