Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horde shooter forever?

Integra.

Will Warframe stay as it is forever? Are there any plans of making game modes with fewer but fat and strong enemies? Shooting hordes of enemies is fun but for a while and in warframe there is no much need in a single target weapons since you need to damage the area most of the time. 
I wish there were some missions where you fight much less enemies but for example Eximus (not a horde of eximus) so that it takes the whole team to concentrate fire for a while to take it down to proceed. 
Same with defences - end of the wave - 1-4 tough enemies appear, end of wave 5 - miniboss. etc.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

We're playing as War Machines designed to remove the Sentient threat from the Universe.

Why tf would we struggle to kill flesh-cloned workforce with negative IQ or traders ?

Why is 90% of the game filled with enemies who aren't a threat to anyone? Why are we killing these innocent noobs instead of having challenging content?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

We're playing as War Machines designed to remove the Sentient threat from the Universe.

Why tf would we struggle to kill flesh-cloned workforce with negative IQ or traders ?

why do first answering people always defend what is kinda bad about game and say this is a feature?

But ok, I'll answer: it makes only AOE weapons and abilities effective in this game. That's why you see amprex/ignis/arca/catchmoon weapons most of the time and warframes like Saryn who can AOE (and I don't mind them, I feel like this is good to clear week crowds but let us have a hard enemies to shred alltogether with other weapons and abilities)

Edited by Integra.
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Integra. said:

why do first answering people always defend what is kinda bad about game and say this is a feature?

4 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Why is 90% of the game filled with enemies who aren't a threat to anyone? Why are we killing these innocent noobs instead of having challenging content?

you prefer struggling against 10 enemies in front of you as challenging?

• Like 8

what is bad for you ain't bad for everybody but i guess nowadays it's normal that kids don't understand that the universe doesn't revolve around them.

you want single target stuff? go play destiny or something.

Edited by grindbert
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, grindbert said:

what is bad for you ain't bad for everybody but i guess nowadays it's normal that kids don't understand that the universe doesn't revolve around them.

you want single target stuff? go play destiny or something.

This is not a maturity to accept everything as is. Especially when DE keeps in touch with it's consumers (at least a little sometimes).
Besides I said crowd shooter is fun, but for a while. There is no need to go to another game when I like about 90% of this one. It is not like I say "hey DE, redo the whole game as I please". Just a few more game modes would be enough. Same planets, same nodes, same tilesets, but as we have Syndicates, Invasions and Nightmares, we could have a mode with fewer but very tought and let's say affinity rewarding enemies.

• Like 2

well this is a crowd shooter. instead of demanding from people to completely change their game i think it's more reasonable to ask the individual (in that case you) to change the game.

you may not accept everything as is but that doesn't mean that how you want it makes it better. it doesn't. and de does keep in touch with consumers it's just that you ain't the only consumer around and you're not representing the majority of the player base.

you might be such a minority it's not worth making content for you. for the same reasoning they deleted raids. i was raidin every day but i guess it weren't worth it. tough luck, earth keeps turnin. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

They are threats to the Solar System, we're helping keeping the balance. The "global threat" is in another freaking system, out of our reach. We'll have challenging content when they'll decide to come for us.

22 minutes ago, Integra. said:

Why do people want to change Warframe into an entirely different type of game ?

If I love Tetris, I won't ask Warframe to implement a game mode where I'll have to stockpile Grineers, I'd just leave Warframe to play Tetris.

If you're complaining about "muh too much Horde Shooting in this Horde Shooter Game", maybe this game simply isn't for you.

Edit: and once again, that IS a feature. Grineers, Infested and Corpus are only a threat to us because they're, like, a lot. If an enhanced Grineer able to take out hundreds of Warframes existed, it would have been cloned 1 billion times by Ballas and we wouldn't exist in the first place. Anyway, you want challenging enemies you don't AoE, go farm Profit Taker, Exploiter, Eidolons or the Wolf.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

They are threats to the Solar System, we're helping keeping the balance. The "global threat" is in another freaking system, out of our reach. We'll have challenging content when they'll decide to come for us.

Why do people want to change Warframe into an entirely different type of game ?

If I love Tetris, I won't ask Warframe to implement a game mode where I'll have to stockpile Grineers, I'd just leave Warframe to play Tetris.

If you're complaining about "muh too much Horde Shooting in this Horde Shooter Game", maybe this game simply isn't for you.

then why are there so many single target weapons and abilities in the game? Then why don't DE make most of the weapons and all of warframe abilities suitable for the horde shooting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Integra. said:

then why are there so many single target weapons and abilities in the game? Then why don't DE make most of the weapons and all of warframe abilities suitable for the horde shooting?

Because there are primary targets in this game ?

Stop playing on Earth and you *might* notice that.

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Because there are primary targets in this game ?

Stop playing on Earth and you *might* notice that.

I don't notice than on neither of planets. There are too little exceptions for such a variety of weapons.

• Like 1

There are,

But our mods and weapons are too broken at low levels to notice,

and enemies at high levels are too broken for us to even kill one of them. 

About lvl 80 to 120 is where I think a well modded tenno would find it just right. 

Most of the challenge issues we face can be put between powercreep and poor enemy scaling. 

• Like 4

Lmao a person cant even have a normal discussion without being spammed with haha emotes, thrown insults at aka "go play something else", "lmao git gud", "stop playing on earth lul".

General discussion in a nutshell, if you praise the game its good, say something slightly against it and everyone loses their s##t (Not talking about the people with different opinions, that act civil and mature).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

you prefer struggling against 10 enemies in front of you as challenging?

Horde shooters can be fun when enemies do not die in a single shot or if at least some sort of strats were needed to kill anything but some of the bosses in this game. It's really hard to ''struggle'' against any number of enemies in this game when half of the Warframe are completely invincible.

• Like 3

EDF is a good example to learn enemy variety from. You can have 30 something bugs on screen or 4 aliens that can do more damage than the 30 bugs if not dealt with properly.

But people are too busy trying to pretend that games only exist in a pure binary state, that you can only have 20 easily invalidated enemies, or it has to be 5 Wolf of Saturn Six and everything in-between is somehow completely impossible.

• Like 7

I don't mind the horde mentality, but I like these types of games (obviously).

Though DE could learn from games like Borderlands on proper enemy scaling to level to give challenges. The issue with Warframe doing that, though is that we don't have "levels". Rank 30 isn't a level, it's just a mod limit. MR isn't a level, it's a joke. Enemies go up in level, but Players do not. THAT is a conflict that will prevent proper scaling until DE finally admits it.....so never. Just like every other game company with that issue.

It's game designers wanting to make the game a challenge, but still allow new players to get there quickly so they don't get bored/frustrated and leave. ie, to work for that "high level". The killer of every game out there today is making games designed for people who don't want to put any effort into the play. Like introducing auto-block in Warframe when all DE needed to do was remove the weapon swap time. Now builds around Sword/Shield melee are worthless, as are the mods that go with it. (One example here folks, don't dwell on that one fact like a lot of trolls will want to do.)

Edited by Ryim_Drykeon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Integra. said:

Because its the type of game?

Its the same as asking if CoD will stay an Arcade FPS. If Minecraft will stay a builder sandbox. If Ace Combat will stay a flight combat...

Its the genre of the game. Same as Dinasty Warriors, it never changed from a Horde game.

• Like 2