I would love a reason to use my K-Drive

Velothed

I've been getting really into K-Drive racing recently. After my lukewarm first impression of the K-Drives, they turned out to be so much fun, once you get used to the handling (not being able to charge a jump midair, just felt wrong as someone who grew up with Tony Hawks XD).

My problem right now, is that I don't need any more Ventkid standing and the K-Drive is only reasonable for mid mission movent if you're solo. The only reason I still use it, is cause it's fun.

My proposition would be to implement a way to earn Credits with races, I absolutely hate the Index and can't stand more than a few rounds a week.

Of course, this would only be a secondary way of getting credits, not as efficient as Index or even Akkad, maybe just the amount of points you'd get in the Race as Credits.

That would mean 3000-5000 Credits per minute, compared to about 200.000 Credits for 7 minutes in the Index, this would never become the meta, but It would give those who enjoy K-Drive races a little incentive.

What do you people think?

PS: I'd also love some new, more challanging races, with more gates in the air etc.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Idk about credits but I'm really disappointed they didn't let us use secondaries and farming equipment while on the kdrive, missed opportunity there

this so much! because why not??? It's not like this would break some sort of game balance. It would just give the k-drive SOME relevency.

Also I tried the races once or twice but as always the game was being so obscure about what to do that I couldnt even finish once.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, supernils said:

Also I tried the races once or twice but as always the game was being so obscure about what to do that I couldnt even finish once.

You talk to the Ventkid, a gate (energybubble with a net texture) appears close by, it's also visible on the minimap. As soon as you drive your K-Drive into it, the race starts and time starts counting down. Up to 25 new gates appear, more or less in a line, they can also be seen on the minimap. You want to drive trough every single one of them, for the most points, to finish the race, you only have to pass the last one though. Every time you pass a gate, you get a few seconds back on the countdown. You don't need to do tricks during the race, just concentrate on hitting all gates when you're just starting out.

i have often believed they need to diversify play styles and have game modes that are operator only vs game modes that are warframe only, and where as the archwing is a rapid movement system for the warframe, the kdrive would serve that role for the operators who cannot handle having a jet pack strapped to their spine...

There should be a championship against NPC's of each faction across the solar system. Racing together in events across tile sets already made. All factions having different philosophies to how they design the kdrives. Corpus for instance would be more towards handling aspect while grineer factions would be just outright power and speed.

It would help produce more thought and purpose to how we build the kdrives and giving a reason to build more than 1. The idea worked really well in the Star wars episode 1 pod racer game.

28 minutes ago, DariusMcSwag said:

Racing PvP could be really fun. 

I would also like to see a mode where you play Lunaro on K-Drives with bigger maps and more players.

I'd prefer racing with Ai seeing as PVP is always very weird in this game. Lunaro for instance had allot of balance issues due to latency. I loved Lunaro but it was just so horribly weighted towards the host/lowest ping team members. The same issue with frame fighter.

Honestly, seeing how you can't do anything (except flipping amazing tricks and literal grinding of standing) while riding a K-Drive, I wish they were faster. Like... A LOT faster. Even with a maxed Magus Drive, it's still slower for transportation than the Elytron, which is the slowest archwing. I think one way of boosting its speed while keeping it controllable is massively increasing top speed (2-3x higher than currently), but make them accelerate slower. About 2-3 seconds to hit top speed.Greatly increased A to B speed without making it lose control the instant you touch the boost button. Suddenly it's a semi-viable alternative to archwings! (minus Itzal, for obvious reasons)

Another change: Add arcanes for K-Drives. Change Magus Drive to increase acceleration instead of top speed (assuming the above changes). If the above changes aren't also implemented, just... Keep the current effect, but make it permanent.

I had a blast using K-Drives with Magus Drive, but having to both sacrifice an operator arcane, and hop off, hop into operator mode, back into warframe, back onto board, repeat 20 seconds later... It became very tedious, very quickly. And again, not worth sacrificing the arcane slot for something utterly useless outside of Vallis/Plains.

Edited by Redpaws

I would personally like to see K-Drives sped up significantly and their movement scheme reworked, so that they become the best vehicle for traversal while Archwing remains our option for combat (which would likely imply taking out all of those silly cheap auto-kill rockets in open levels as well). I agree that currently there's no reason to use K-Drives, because Archwing is not only faster and easier for traversal, but also enables weapon usage and has its own ability set. K-Drives ought to be faster, but given how unwieldy they are to use already in environments with rapidly changing terrain, they need better movement controls so that the player can navigate terrain much more responsively.