Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania: The Fae she should be

Stygie

There will be TLDRs at the end of every section for you skimmers.

Titania, Titania. Oh much I have posted about you and oh how little has come of it. I've been put out many times by certain members of the community for my ideas for her, but now I am here to take another crack at this again. Why? Because I have no life. Straight honesty. Eitherway lets dive in.

Core Problems

What are Titania's core problems? Well they are quick simple to outline. She is to M.A.D(Multi Attribute Dependent), she is not cohesive, and she is out of date in comparison to other frames.

Now I am always one to make a frame work regardless if there is a better option, but that does not mean frames have to stay subpar. Take Nezha for example. He was a decent frame that some people loved, me included best frame fight me, and some people did not though he had his uses. However, he lacked strength and his own identity, a product of dated design. Then our lord and savior descended and blessed him with a rework that made his whole kit synergistic, retained the aspects that made him Nezha, and revitalized his strength in current warframe we know today. Nezha went from fast Rhino to well Nezha. The jack of all trades he always wanted to be.

Time and time again Pablo has shown us good design and I will be using his thought process for this work like I did in other ones before. Futhermore, I would like to expand upon Titania's initial concept and revitalize her kit for today's warframe.

This rework will be done with making her an off dps support as that is what the community seems to want from my inquries and from answers on my other posts. However, you can read about a full on exalted dps rework in my other post.

tldr: Titania has core problems due to how many arrtibutes she needs and lack of cohesion that comes from being of older design.

Passive Woes

It has been hammered home that passives are supposed to add flavor to the kit and not full supplement it. However, that rule has been bent many a time when we look at Baruuk and Hildryn, but I digress. Fact of the matter is that passives can be essential to a frame. 

Looking at Titania's passive, it comes off has extremely situational and rather in effective in most organized play. The Titania player is rarely the one leading the charge, which is what this passive seemingly wants you to do, and they are certainly not spending alot of time outside of Razorwing. So this passive fall flat and leaves much to be desired in terms of usage and adding flavor to the frame.

tldr: Her passive is out of date and is counter-synergistic with her kit.

Royal Presence/Fae's Path(was Trampoline)

Titania's presence alone enchants her surroundings with fae energy. Titania's affinity range is increased by 25%. Furthermore, Allies and Titania receive 25% Evasion when within her affinity range. Additionally, enemies killed within Titania's affinity range grants her a Razorfly.

The key things to note here is that not only are making the passive useful, but it will be useful even while in Razorwing. This adds just the right about of flavor and utility that would suit an evasive Fae like Titania. Also the Razorfly produced will fly to Titania and be stored for use on her other abilites.

The effect can be marked by an aura simlar to Oberon's energy in his Hallowed Ground. Furthermore, a new ui element will need to be added for the Razorfly count.

1st Ability: The "Oh my Lotus, where the Vay'Hek did the enemies float off too?"

Spellbind has always been that one of those abilities that no one likes to see as enemies scale up. Simply put, it is an extended rag doll that makes it hard to damage enemies effectively as even still hitting enemies sends them flying into space to go see how Empyrean is coming along!(breathe) It is more of a panic button or used to stack Razorwing Blitz. 

What is nice about this ability is the status immunity it can give you which is always wonderful. In essence the ability is an equalizer. CC enemies off allies and ward them from futher enemy attacks. However, this ability is so poor compared to other equalizers. Oberon's Hallowed Ground does continual damage and has a continuous CC that still keeps enemies in and easily dps-able position and it futher buffs his other abilities. Hildryn's Haven regens allies sheilds/Oversheilds, deals damage to enemies, and grants Hildryn's passive. Wisp's Reservoirs give health and regen, movement and attack speed, and a stunning aura. So my aim is to try and make it a more effective equalizer.

And before someone tries to hit me with the "it is a first ability excuse" Hildryn and Saryn would love to have a word with you.

tldr: Spellbind is too inconsistent and offers a small boon compared to other abilities like it.

Faerie Dust/Spellbound(was Spellbind)

Titania scatters faerie dust in an aoe around of her. Enemies hit by the dust are charmed by Titania for 10 seconds. At the end of the ability, enemies are breifly stunned for 2 seconds as they shake off the charm. This ability can be cast on allies or her Latern to have the effect originate from them at double the range.

If Titania has 6 or more Razorflies, she can choose to hold the ability and cast the empowered version, consuming the Razorflies. The empowered version will also cleanse allies of status effects and render them immune to status effects for the duration of the ability.

Base Range: 20 meters. All numbers scale with mods save for the stun duration post charm. Respects line of sight.

Yes, I am moving Latern CC to her first ability. Charmed is an effect that causes enemies to walk towards you whilst being unable to shoot. Think of it like her current latern except much more potent. 

Here is were we add her own flair to the kit. The concept of Razorflies spawning from killed enemies comes from the ability Tribute. She is quite literally taking the essence of her enemies souls to birth her Razorflies. As such, she can expend these Razorflies for added benefits. 

The effect for the regular cast can be the same as it is now in game but with more dusty particles. The empowered version should have Razorflies flying out from the epicenter. They should also surround warded allies.

tldr: Her first ability is now a strong equalizer that CCs and buffs allies.

2nd Ability: Is that it?

Tribute has always been a fickle ability. Sure, it provides 4 different buffs that are semi-useful but tend to fall flat especially in the latter levels of the game. They were cool in concept but in execution are more or less of no consequence. Other frames that offer buffs target damage or survivability and those are way more useful than the ones Titania give currently. I must reiterate, cool concept.

tldr: Second ability while unqiue is inconsistent and falls flat as the game progresses.

Fae's Blessing/Royal Gift(was Tribute)

Titania targets an ally and enchants their weapon with fae magic for 20 seconds. The ally gains +20 status chance and +25 critical chance. This effect can be moved to another ally by Titania by recasting the ability at half the energy cost. If Titania does not target an ally with the ability the buff is instead put on herself.

If Titania has 15 or more Razorflies, she can choose to hold the ability and cast the empowered version, consuming the Razorflies. The empowered version grants 10% lifesteal and 20% increased firerate.

Base Range: 35 meters.  Buff Duration and firerate are affected by mods, all other stats are not.

This is ment to streamline this ability while still retaining character. It is a simple buff that you can manually rotate from ally to ally to increase their dps and their survivability. This can also be put on herself to have the same effect. It is a potent buff and that is why I limited it to one at a time. Think of the rotation effect almost like a psuedo-channeling much like Wukong's Clone.

Supports have always delt with healing and buffs so I wanted to add her own twist on this. Think about Fae's lore and the weaponry they enchanted for heroes.

The effect should look like a small crown of leaves and then change to a small crown of flowers for the empowered cast.

tldr: Now her second ability is a strong buff thay is balanced by the fact it effect one ally at any given time.

3rd Ability: The "I'm safe....right?"

Her third ability, while changed to make it feel better, still flies away if you so much as breath on it. Sure it comes back but at that point you might be dead. It is also extremely inconsistent as its attract radius moves around due its ballon-like nature. There is no point in spending the energy to use this ability as it will more than likely kill you in high stress situations. 

tldr: Poor, inconsistent ability that will liekly fsil you especially in higher levels.

Latern

Titania conjures a Latern made of plants and the earth and fills it with fae energy. The Latern lasts for a 20 seconds. While deployed, the Latern will emit an aura that increases the damage enemies take by 25%. The Latern can be moved around by recasting the ability at no cost.

If Titania has 10 or more Razorflies, she can choose the hold the ability to cast the empowered version, consuming the Razorflies. The empowered version increases the range of the Latern by 50% and also reduces the damage enemies deal by 15%.

Base Range: 30 meters. Base deployment range: 25 meters. All values are effected by mods with the samage reduction cap out at 50% reduction.

Now there is no inconsistency with Latern as it is a deployable now that can be easily moved. Furthermore, the synergy with Faerie Dust makes it quite a potent ability. This goes along with the idea of trickery and deception that fae so love to do.

This would look like a Japanese styled Latern made of natural elements such as grass, stone, plants, and even water with energy illuminating the middle. The debuff area should have a ring indicator much like Harrow's Thurable.

tldr: Latern is now is consistent debuffing ability.

4th Ability: "It's a bird! No it is a flying space ninja robot faerie with duals pistols of death."

Most everyone will agree Razorwing is Titania's redeeming ability. It is what you play her for, to be this flying faerie of death and while it it is fun, it was brought down by the other glarimg issues in her kit that made her more dangerous to use. Now with a much stronger kit, this ability van shine brighter. It only needs one small edit.

Razorwing

Titania shrinks down and summons Razorflies while she gains evasion and access to her Dex Pixia and Diwata.

If Titania has any stored Razorflies, she summons more than he base 6 to fly with her up to a max of 12 summoned in totality.

This is just to add some benefit from the new Razorfly system.

tldr: Her 4th shines much more now that the rest of her kit has been cleanes up.

Closing Thoughts

Titania is not in the best of spots these days as her CC, support, and dmage all get out classed due to their inconsistent or lacking nature. With these changes, I believe she can become extremely relevant especially in Eidolons and survivals. Im current still working on augment ideas and editing her current augments. Feedback is welcome!

• Like 3

Oh. DPS Titania in all its glory. At low levels you only use her 4. On high you suffer from a lack of energy. In the new content 3 ability to become useless. Good luck with your death fairy. I'm sure with this rework it will enter the meta Eidolon hunt and stay there forever because in other content it will be useless.

I'll make a video sometime full of pain about how Titania feels about arbitrage.

4 hours ago, zhellon said:

Oh. DPS Titania in all its glory. At low levels you only use her 4. On high you suffer from a lack of energy. In the new content 3 ability to become useless. Good luck with your death fairy. I'm sure with this rework it will enter the meta Eidolon hunt and stay there forever because in other content it will be useless.

I'll make a video sometime full of pain about how Titania feels about arbitrage.

First of all, this is not constructive. Second, I have yet to mention anything to do with energy costs. Those are not set in stone. Third, she is an off dps as only her Fae's Gift and Latern give any sort of offensive capability outside of her ultimate.

I have a hard time seeing how this kit is, as you say, useless in other content. The Faerie dust CC is quite strong as it stop enemies from shooting. Furthermore, synergized with Latern makes them even more susceptible to damage. The buff is ment to be powerful but limited due to how powerful it is making the Titania have the choice. Buff herself or continue to buff allies. Sure she lacks damage from her abilities themselves but that is not the point. This kit is ment to deceive enemies and enchant allies.

The only thing that would make her Eidolon viable is her 2nd ability and 1st ability, but the issue with thay is her status immunity is based on of she has enough Razorflies and while it is only 6, it would be inefficient to put her into an Eidolon team, but thay also means she is more viable than she is now offering to take the place of Harrow to an extent. The point was to give her a more consistent buff that is usable everywhere.

This kit is made to deal with hordes. Tons of aoe and debuffing with a hard CC that can tople any foe save for bosses and Eidolons.

@Lucian_Adrion Explain constructively,

1) have Titania on this moment there is no problems with DPS. If you want to give debuff enemies, increasing all incoming damage, as a support to the allies, I advise you to look at Banshee and think better. The only problem with Titania is that her DPS is not AOE, it loses in efficiency to conventional missions. That's all.

2) Your buff again is associated with the damage. While Titania's damage isn't a problem, you try to increase it while removing all the defensive buffs. Your buff to life steal useless. I know you're trying to make a reference to diwata's only purpose, but the truth is, Titania doesn't have armor, she shouldn't take health damage. You just took and copied the buff harrow, which is not needed. Again, increasing DPS - DPS is not a problem for Titania. 

3) 

Il y a 5 heures, Lucian_Adrion a dit :

Yes, I am moving Latern CC to her first ability. Charmed is an effect that causes enemies to walk towards you whilst being unable to shoot. Think of it like her current latern except much more potent. 

And you know that opponents will not only shoot at you, but will constantly keep you in the sights? Because Latern has had this bug since the Titania release and no one on this forum knows about it because no one is playing with Latern. If the ability will work perfectly - Yes, I have to admit - it is a good ability and a latern to be redundant, but if there is the ability of the suicide. Not good. I just don't trust them that way.

4) Lantern is redundant, as you use it mechanics 1 ability. Just think about it. Again, the increase in DPS is helpful but not necessary. 15% damage reduction? If I make 300% strength , will it be 45%? I'm sorry, why would I do that? I understand if the lantern has forced opponents to disable their protection or eximus disable auras or just increase the resistance or would give a chance to avoid death, but 15%? Just, why? Tell me how you're going to use it, I'm very interested.

5) Diwata is a useless weapon. There's not a word about it. 12 butterflies - great, but they die very quickly, even at 60 levels. And you offer us to destroy the stock of our butterfly of our abilities. No, it's good mechanics, but the problem is that it just puts us in a position of choice, either we use the best versions of our 1-3 abilities, or we use razorwing.

6)Passive ability - I would prefer old, than this, because reductions accuracy enemies - useless buff. (and before you want to argue with that, answer the question, what is the accuracy of the enemies? ) 

I can tell from myself only one - your rework brought nothing new. razorwing is still limited, though it's one of Titania's mechanics that I personally like in Titania itself. Butterflies could become good Pets, but you'd rather use them as resources for a minor boost.  All you did was raise the damage numbers. You're just trying to turn her into a glass cannon like the others. Now try to build in duration and radius and see what you get. Correctly, 2 ability to, which duplicate each other.

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

Explain constructively

Well you just gave it to me. The initial response was vagye so I was left u. Sure of whether or not I had something wrong. Now I have a clearer idea of you standpoint which makes self assessment much easier. My concept revolved around making her an enchanter support. That entails buffing and debuffing or CCing enemies. Originally I had planed for more damage in her kit but shy ed away when finalizing my ideas due the concept i was going for. I can see what you mean with the only increasing dps and that was my intention. I wanted to habe a place as a pff dps support but it is try i didn't fix the issues of aoe clear. You see, I am of the assumption that she is playing in team. DE have mentioned before that they want to balance the game around teamplay rather than solo queue. The kit was made with the conept that her teamates will handle the aoe clear and she can melt priority targets. Yes I understand  it does not work like this is puns all the time but you get the idea. Furthermore, the point of the Razorfly mechanic is to make you choose. You still collect Razorflies whilst in Razorwing. I may go back later and edit some ideas i had for Razorwing specific synergies such as being able to explode the Latern for damage and getting a damage reduction buff. In closing, I am fully away of her lack of clear but I wanted to keep that weekness to facilitate team play in a kit ment to assist a team. To me this is as close stylistically to her team and does change her all that drastically. If you have any idea on how to change these abilities go right ahead and tell me. I want to know.

@Lucian_Adrion razorfly are a good control mobs, but they quickly die. If we have to choose , it's not good.

And Yes, if you want to follow some mythology, then follow mythology themselves region full of fairies, there, too, many interesting things. Himself frame on my view was made on Celtic folklore. They also love green, and plants and animals are used as technologies. It is a pity that DE forgot about the cap of invisibility. xD

Edited by zhellon

I think your ideas are neat, but I don't think they're looking at changing her kit that substantially. Her last "re-work" didn't even fix or change most of the things with the existing abilities we've complained about since she was added to the game. It'd be nice if they'd just tweak her existing kit more at least.

IE:

add a huge snare to her 1 so enemies don't float away, similar to a Rhino stomp snare. Or maybe have all spellbound enemies automatically float towards lanterns in a large radius so the redundant CC abilities now actually have some purpose to use together. It would also look cool to have a lantern set up somewhere and then just blast enemies in different directions with her 1 and watch them all drift to the lantern, which would also synergize with AoE weapons and abilities.

add an energy regen mechanic to her kit such as enemies affected by her 1 have a much higher chance to drop an energy orb or make lantern radiate an energy regen buff that functions even during her 4, or make picking up tribute souls give her energy

I'd also at least replace thorns and full moon with other buffs. Instead of thorns, melee mobs could give a melee buff that increases melee range or attack speed or status or crit. Pretty much anything would be better. Full moon could make companion attacks deal slash procs if you wanted to keep it companion damage related or replace it with a companion survival buff.

Razorflies should have a better respawn mechanic. It could be as simple as automatically respawn a razorfly if any are missing every ~3 seconds or whatever, possibly modified by duration where higher duration lower the respawn frequency. I'd also consider adding a better survival mechanic tied to them since avoidance is not a reliable survival mechanic at higher levels. IE: when in razorwing, if Titania is hit, the damage is redirected to a razorfly if one is active. At higher levels that would basically mean a razorfly dies every time you get hit. Whether they're shooting you or right at the razorflies they'd be dying fast at higher levels, but when combined with her CC and the new respawn mechanic, I think it'd be a nice buff to her survival. 

I could see changing it so razorflies aren't out exclusively with her 4 since they would be a good mechanic to keep her alive at all times, as long as they don't randomly attack or alert unalerted enemies. You wouldn't have to replace her existing passive though, it could just be a second passive where you shift all razorfly mechanics from her 4 to a passive that's just always on. Or maybe have passive razorflies out when not in her 4 and have them turn on an attack mode when in her 4, but still have the new repsawn and survival mechanic on when not in her 4? Maybe a longer base respawn time passively that's reduced when you are in her 4?

I agree that Titania needs love, but a full rework to her first 3 skills is not necessary in my opinion. Lantern is really the only skill I could see being completely replaced in a potential rework. I applaud the effort you put into the design of your proposed skills, but allow me to explain why I think the skills could be left mostly intact:

Spellbind has issues, mostly the small radius and enemies floating away, but not enough to justify scrapping it. If the radius got boosted and the floating was addressed, this skill would be pretty solid. I can also see adding a razorfly summon or some other interaction to enhance the skill that extra bit.

Tribute's buffs are weak but I think the functionality (that is, the auras) is alright. Changing some of the buffs (making Entangle also affect enemy attack speed on top of movement speed and seriously buffing/changing Thorns) and allowing them to scale off of power strength mods would do a lot to help this skill out.

Lantern, I believe, could be replaced or altered in effect pretty significantly, but if it were to be kept I would suggest improving the radii of the DoT and explosion so it can damage more reliably.

I know a lot of people would rather see new abilities, but I think just improving existing skills can come a long way. For example, Wukong's Cloud Walker still has mostly the same function as it did before the rework, but they buffed the movement speed and added a healing effect and now it's an excellent part of his kit! Whatever the case, Titania definitely needs some sort of second look, so thank you for keeping her in the discourse!

Eh overall I kinda like it, even the passive change and I really like Titanias current passive. I think using Razorflies in their current form and as a currency for boosting her power is kind of interesting. Would be nice if there was some way to sick them on specific targets tho.

That said I am a bit curious as to things like the potential cap on Razorflies and what happens once that cap has been reached. Do you stop accumulating them or do you keep accumulating them but they don't manifest as an active defense until one of the currently active Razorflies is killed? 

I do think that I would preffer the lantern to be more ephemeral tho, like it could have the shape of a lantern and the implication of rocks/plants but I feel like it should be made out of energy and take the color that of your frames energy. 

8 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

I think your ideas are neat, but I don't think they're looking at changing her kit that substantially. Her last "re-work" didn't even fix or change most of the things with the existing abilities we've complained about since she was added to the game. It'd be nice if they'd just tweak her existing kit more at least.

Yeah her last rework was super dissapointing, it essentially broke down into a QoL update not a rework, the two most notable changes being

• You nolonger take self damage from hitting things at high speed while in Razorwing, which never should have been a thing
  • You finally got a basic Vacuum while in Razorwing, so you don't have to hug literally every item everywhere

That's about it..... that was her "rework" 

You see so many frames get radically different mechanics for their reworks and for Titania it's like the called it a rework because they had a schedule to keep that included a rework but didn't feel like actually reworking her. 

Edited by Oreades

Il y a 7 heures, Oreades a dit :

Yeah her last rework was super dissapointing, it essentially broke down into a QoL update not a rework, the two most notable changes being

• You nolonger take self damage from hitting things at high speed while in Razorwing, which never should have been a thing
  • You finally got a basic Vacuum while in Razorwing, so you don't have to hug literally every item everywhere

But you have to admit that making it easier to get buffs and reducing the cost was also a good enough change. 

But Yes, I still want a complete change. And I want big changes in technical terms, as for example, presented here, to lantern became an independent object or to Titania itself has become lantern. But there are problems with the latter.