Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please stop with the slow weapon reload speeds?

AugmentedJustice

Reload speed and weapon swapping particularly is still stuck in warframe 2012. Which is the opposite of warframe 2019, everything is now for the most part, very fast paced, and has caught up, except reload speeds. Quatz is a recent example of horrendous, reload speed time. A nice animation, really nice, but it looks like it's in slow motion though. That's higher than the amprex's 2.6 reload speed by the way. I don't even want to mention the the poor sonicor's. Almost three seconds....pretty elongated. "buy a riven" Well, throwing money at a burning building doesn't put the fire out. Apologies for the odd analogy but hopefully you get my point.

All the slow reload speeds, most of them are tied to an animation that looks like it's running in slow motion, much like the quatz and it looks unnatural, and it heavily inteferes with where warframe is now. "use reload speed mods" how about about make them passively faster? The slowest reload speed, at the bare minimum should be 2.5, and even then I still think that's too long.

But I get it, you do this, and it makes the reload speed mods even more unnecessary. But let's face it, reload speed mods wouldn't have to exist, if they reload speeds were something passively fast to begin with. "if they make it passive, then just get rid of the modding system and make everything passive". It's OKAY, to have SOME things passive, and others not passive and still require modding. It's really okay.

This is one case where the task is so menial but so integral to the gameplay of warframe 2019, and making it even more seamless, where it fits to now be passive.

And do I even need to go into why, story wise, it's also ridiculous that these warframes we have, who can bullet jump, and do all of this crazy stuff, and are basically gods, still struggle to change to a different weapon in a clunkily and take a full 3 seconds to reload a simple secondary firearm?

Oh and I know this will never happen because Rivens exist, and no, buying a riven doesn't fix the problem, it hides it. Look, it was just a thought, or "feedback" since I posted it here. I was just excited about the quatz and my heart sank when I reloaded it for the first time. That was when I knew, I was just instantly turned off by it, and it kind of sent me over the edge and inspired me to make this post. I know most will probably disagree, but in my heart and head, I know, this would be an objective improvement to warframe's gunplay/gameplay.

18 hours ago, davej83 said:

Thats why we need more mod slots ( specially extra slots for reload speed, proyectile speed, explosion etc these extra things  wich dont really affect directly the dmg oupput of weapon..

Explosion and Reload Speed don't affect the damage output ?

If an Exilus Slot was to be invented for Weapons, you would fit in only the mods like those ones. But not Reload. Even Projectile Speed is a kinda huge boost for some weapons.

latest?cb=20171007135203 latest?cb=20171007150215 latest?cb=20171007150751 latest?cb=20171007154055 latest?cb=20171007154758  latest?cb=20171007153457latest?cb=20171007154849 latest?cb=20171007154930latest?cb=20171007155043

• Like 1

I'd rather get an arcane for that then dedicate it to a mod.
Yes I use weapons that have slow reload animations too, but shortening those means increase in DPS and therefore another balance hell.

Adding an warframe arcane that boosts reload speed on certain conditions would be much more helpful for the game.
I'd gladly give up my Arcane avenger for it.

I kinda agree and disagree.

I agree on the fact that most "standard" weapons should have fast reload speeds. If you've seen a trained soldier reload their rifle, it only takes all of a second; so it would stand to reason that Tenno can do something similar with a Braton or Burston. That said, the inverse should also be true. The weirder or less conventional weaponry should have longer reload times, as they aren't optimized for standard infantry usage.

14 hours ago, (XB1)alchemPyro said:

I kinda agree and disagree.

I agree on the fact that most "standard" weapons should have fast reload speeds. If you've seen a trained soldier reload their rifle, it only takes all of a second; so it would stand to reason that Tenno can do something similar with a Braton or Burston. That said, the inverse should also be true. The weirder or less conventional weaponry should have longer reload times, as they aren't optimized for standard infantry usage.

You don’t even need to be all that well trained to load a “conventional” weapon quickly. A basic course on shooting and some practice will have you reloading (or switching) weapons 10x faster than a Tenno can. Base holster and reload speeds for typical weapons are pretty pathetic as it stands. 

"Could we stop with the high rate of fire semi-auto guns" would have been a way better thread. Reloading is no issue since there are a lot of ways to solve it, reloading is also balancing many high damage output weapons so as long as it doesn't impair weak weapons, i'm all fine with that.

If you're tired of reloading, use a bow !

Edited by 000l000

On 2019-07-22 at 10:07 AM, Chewarette said:

Explosion and Reload Speed don't affect the damage output ?

If an Exilus Slot was to be invented for Weapons, you would fit in only the mods like those ones. But not Reload. Even Projectile Speed is a kinda huge boost for some weapons.

latest?cb=20171007135203 latest?cb=20171007150215 latest?cb=20171007150751 latest?cb=20171007154055 latest?cb=20171007154758  latest?cb=20171007153457latest?cb=20171007154849 latest?cb=20171007154930latest?cb=20171007155043

Reload speed in a minor increase in dps in most cases. The twin rogga and exergis are the only two weapons I can think of that would have a huge dps increase from reload speed. 

9 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

Reload speed in a minor increase in dps in most cases. The twin rogga and exergis are the only two weapons I can think of that would have a huge dps increase from reload speed. 

A minor dps increase is still a dps increase. If you had an Exilus slot to put either +Zoom or a +0.000001% damage, you'd put the damage one obviously.

That's why if an Exilus slot existed for Weapons, it should only be for pure QoL mods. Just look at Warframes, 99% of builds use a Drift mod as Exilus as they're giving you actual benefit instead of being QoL. And that's a bit sad imo.