Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quincydraak111

FOUNDRY Time

I Think The Time Of The FOUNDRY Soud Be Removed Or At Least Be made Shorter Because When I Need To Wait 24 Hours For Forma I Woud Just Log Of For 24 Hours.

Its Hard For My To Get Forma For My Clan Or For A Warframe And I Find FOUNDRY Time Is Not Needed.

forma bundle is like 35plat

that's less than one hour opening relics if you have somewhat decent luck

Foundry times are there to make you come back, not be convenient.

Foundry timers exist for two reasons:

First is to encourage you to spend plat.

Second is much more important: It's a player retention method.  It gives you a reason to sign in the next day, and the next day, and the next day.
It gives you something to look forwards to, as well as gives you something to think about when you aren't playing the game.
F2P games live and die based on getting people to return time and time again, and the foundry timers are calculated to increase that.

I may be inclined to agree that the timer can be shortened on certain builds, but not completely removed at all. The fact that Warframes take 3 whole days to build is quite irksome due the time-gating nature that this game has, Ala the grind for said Warframe pieces . Another particular item of interest would be Forma, because not only do you need it to build dojo rooms & weapons, it's used to practically upgrade mod capacity for every single item in the game. In essence, you do need a lot of Forma. Honestly, DE already has fashion-frame to rely on as a huge money sink, a little leeway could potentially be given, but that's not up to me to decide. 

If Warframe were a full-priced game, then Foundry time wouldn't be a thing, you would craft something like a frame in moments, maybe have a few seconds of animation... actually, given DE's love of interesting animations, the Foundry would probably construct the thing in front of you.

Since Warframe is a free-to-play game, however, there are free-to-play mechanics in it. That's it.

It's probably going to be removed in the near future and replaced with something equally as frustrating but less directly aimed at driving revenue. The blood is in the water and regulatory boards aren't liking what they're hearing from industry leaders. 

Warfrane being free to play means they need to stop people from rushing and if they choose to they should have to pay for the convinience. The game is better then most AAA titles and does not require spending any money, only time and waiting while stuff finishes building while you play another game or farm other resources. They could maybe stand to resuce build times on forma and other very optional things a tiny bit but I dont think it should change for things that effect mastery in any way.

Do you know how hard it is to build weapons and formas?

Give the machines sometime mate...

😛

14 hours ago, quincydraak111 said:

I Think The Time Of The FOUNDRY Soud Be Removed Or At Least Be made Shorter Because When I Need To Wait 24 Hours For Forma I Woud Just Log Of For 24 Hours.

Its Hard For My To Get Forma For My Clan Or For A Warframe And I Find FOUNDRY Time Is Not Needed.

I'd also like for foundry times to be significantly reduced. I understand that it's there to encourage people to spend money to buy plat and to help build retention, but in my case, it actually had the opposite effect and I ended up quitting Warframe for two years. I've been getting back into it for a few weeks now and I still dislike the wait times as much as I did when I quit. When you have people that enjoy the game as it is, I don't think you need to cut their enjoyment with time gates in hopes that you'll keep them coming back for more. 

Personally I would just prefer to see the 24hr builds changed to say 20 hours (as most games with daily builds do so), that way it truly is once per day as opposed to slightly longer than once per day (presuming you catch it right at the moment it completes).

I'd expect many of the requests for shortening the time would also go away, as the impact of having something ready the next time you log in (presuming you set it up before logging out) would keep players more satisfied, as opposed to seeing something needing that little bit more time to complete when you do log in.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

It's probably going to be removed in the near future and replaced with something equally as frustrating but less directly aimed at driving revenue. The blood is in the water and regulatory boards aren't liking what they're hearing from industry leaders. 

The foundry and timers have nothing to do with loot boxes (surprise mechanics wat) and the gambling nonsense going on.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

The foundry and timers have nothing to do with loot boxes (surprise mechanics wat) and the gambling nonsense going on.

Correct, and DE even removed the last of the actual 'random' purchases in the game when they took out the random Mod Packs and replaced them with actual packs of mods in sets.

Everything in game right now is simple 'do you grind and wait, or do you pay to save time?' balances. It's literally as honest as I've seen any free-to-play function.

There is the one exception, which is the Warframe/Weapon/Riven slots, which you do have to pay for regardless of whether you pay for anything else... but you can still earn those to some degree from the give-aways, a few rewards like from Nightwave and so on. It is possible to build up a bit of a stable without Plat, but it doesn't matter where you get the Plat, you need it for actually getting enough Slots for the whole collection.

7 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Please actually read the bill you're referring to. It directly targets pay to win games and games which use mechanics like those found in warfame. 

Loot Box Bill, aka Protecting Children From Abusive Games Act.

To be clear this bill won't pass. That said game developers like DE should look long and hard at the fact that people are targeting them for regulatory action and be considering how to monetize in a future where the current systems have been banned by law. (Yeah. DE is a Canadian company. But if the EU, or UK, or US, or China, or Japan, or any nation passes a law banning it's business practices, it means DE won't be able to do business in that country. So. If this bill, as it exists today, passed House, Senate, and was signed by the great toupeed orange, DE would have to either change it's monetization system, or ban all US players from using PLAT on anything but cosmetics, possibly with the exception of trade mechanics as while being covered by the spirit of the law is not expressly stated. 

Seriously. Read. The bill. Warframe is implicated by this bill on multiple accounts. (and no, it doesn't matter it's rated mature. it has elements that inevitably appeal to minors so the rating system doesn't bypass the language used. )

4 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Please actually read the bill you're referring to. It directly targets pay to win games and games which use mechanics like those found in warfame. 

This thread it about the foundry. The timer on the foundry is in no way a loot box or gambling mechanic.

Aside from that, the cosmetics, prime packs and such in this game tell you exactly what you get. You aren't buying a 'loot box' that could give you an awesome weapon, sweet cosmetic, or more likely some useless garbage.