Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong No Longer Sucks

(NSW)-Kenneth-

Just wanted to say great work guys on Wukong's rework. I got his prime and saw his abilities  were changed and I love them. Before the rework I considered Wukong to be the most useless frame in the game with his 1 being the literal equivalent of "poking a bear with a stick", his cloud being useless, his defy being a needless energy drain just waiting for that "you're about to die" moment, and his 4 being, well, his 4. But now he's amazing and I've actually been using him pretty much constantly whether in a group or solo'ing. GG Guys. Great work.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (NSW)-Kenneth- said:

Before the rework I considered Wukong to be the most useless frame in the game

hahahaha Vauban is still worst, even before the rework wukong was better than him with his almost infinite defy. Yeah wukong is better now but lets see what Vauban will get

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

hahahaha Vauban is still worst, even before the rework wukong was better than him with his almost infinite defy. Yeah wukong is better now but lets see what Vauban will get

No. Vauban was more useful than Wukong. Never saw a raid group asking for a Wukong. Vauban's 3 and 4 made him useful and still do. His other skills are S#&$ though. 2/4 good skills vs. Wukong's 1/4 good skills. Try again.

• Like 2

Just now, (NSW)-Kenneth- said:

Never saw a raid group asking for a Wukong

but that was like 2 years ago. nidus can easy replace vauban with his 2, khora with her 4. I never seen a vauban nowadays maybe interception sometimes

Agree, Wukong right now is quite fun to play with, his exalted has become really good, specially with channeling, the only downside I see is that he still doesn't have much synergy with the squad, besides the Enveloping Cloud's and ability to move around quickly to ress, move from 1 objective to the other (kuva catalysts and MB datamass), I'd love if Defy also buffed allies armor, that would be quite useful.

Another thing that's really bothering me, is the slamming on his combos..... so unnecessary... and weak.

Edited by ZarTham
add moar stuff

2 hours ago, Lazarow said:

Vauban atleast provided Crowd Control. All Wukong had was not dying, which is a feat that many MANY other frames can achieve.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Agree, Wukong right now is quite fun to play with, his exalted has become really good, specially with channeling, the only downside I see is that he still doesn't have much synergy with the squad, besides the Enveloping Cloud's and ability to move around quickly to ress, move from 1 objective to the other (kuva catalysts and MB datamass), I'd love if Defy also buffed allies armor, that would be quite useful.

Another thing that's really bothering me, is the slamming on his combos..... so unnecessary... and weak.

Yeah that fat staff slam is ugh. I'd be mowing things down then he'd slam and send them flying away. Actually do hate that bit of the combo lol.

48 minutes ago, SinonLust said:

Mmmm no. The old Wukong is better.

This one is a fake tank. Is only "funny" but not useful like old Wu

(He is an inmortal, is his rol) This new not. Like Nezha`s rework, is a nerf covered with funny mechanics

New Wukong is actually immortal if you know what you're doing. His new passive is basically 3 free lives and his Defy and Cloud abilities make you immortal when used at the right times. Old Wukong Defy went off energy and was toggled/channeled. I did a 50 min Mot Survival Fissure with a rando in which they got so strong that a single grenade was pumping around 80-130K into his Defy. Enough to instakill the rando every time and enough damage stored to kill everything around me on release. New Wukong is immortal in a pro's hands, and is much, MUCH stronger. Old Wukong sucked a big fat floppy one,

I am inclined to agree that he is far better then he was and at the very least a B+ frame! He has a powerful clone in his first ability that can three to four shot level 165 heavy gunners with his new upgraded ult. Easy and quick healing and CC at the press of a button that opens enemies to finishers! and regrettably a not as good defy... but it still keeps him more then alive in all the content we have so much so I have never even triggered his passive once! As much as I miss the old Defy keeping you literally immortal for content so high level I only stopped because I got bored I have to admit they knocked it out of the park on his rework...

Only thing that's worse about Wukong is not being braindead unkillable. So except for level 200+ survival he's a lot better now, and definitely my go-to for spy missions. DE really needs to sort out the hitboxes on his 4 though, they're janky as hell and miss enemies directly in front of him. The combo inputs could use some adjustment too.

Edited by Neightrix

On 2019-07-22 at 12:24 AM, SinonLust said:

Mmmm no. The old Wukong is better.

This one is a fake tank. Is only "funny" but not useful like old Wu

(He is an inmortal, is his rol) This new not. Like Nezha`s rework, is a nerf covered with funny mechanics

I'm super gonna disagree here. Sure it sucks not being unkillable, and I do love my tanks, but Wukong's new kit is such an improvement on the old one imo. Iron Jab had practically no use as it was only middling damage that was nearly totally invalidated by weapons, Cloud Walker was far too slow, and Defy was just a god mode button. As much as I loved him, it was very apparent that Wukong needed something to make him more interesting than just not dying, and I feel like this rework does him justice.

I will concede that the defy change does make him infinitely less tanky than he was, but the same sort of criticism can be leveled at Trinity and she's still good at what she does

On 2019-07-22 at 7:18 AM, (NSW)-Kenneth- said:

New Wukong is actually immortal if you know what you're doing. His new passive is basically 3 free lives and his Defy and Cloud abilities make you immortal when used at the right times. Old Wukong Defy went off energy and was toggled/channeled. I did a 50 min Mot Survival Fissure

If you continued just a while longer, you'd find that you get oneshot by more and more stuff before you even have a chance to react, even if your Defy buff is up.

He's solid up to that point, but you can't do much to make him work past it. Definitely not immortal

Le 22/07/2019 à 08:30, Aldain a dit :

...There's no accounting for personal taste I guess.

Quite the opposite actually. Even with the iframes wukong has a pityful sub 20k eHP pool before Adaptation.

He's tons more fun but the lack of proper tanking skills make going melee with him a really bad deal at high levels, where you mostly kite around the clone using it as a distraction. 

He now suffers from the old Excalibur problem, where his damage overtakes his durability by so much you can't stay alive where his damage matters, only Wukong can't project his DPS at range and he can't CC semi effectively. 

This rework succeeded at making him appealing and fun to play on casual content, which is great since previously he was boring as S#&$, but destroyed any potential he had for serious content. 

il y a 2 minutes, vFlitz a dit :

If you continued just a while longer, you'd find that you get oneshot by more and more stuff before you even have a chance to react, even if your Defy buff is up.

He's solid up to that point, but you can't do much to make him work past it. Definitely not immortal

Yup. Nightmare Mot has a habit of teaching people what the actual tanks are, only almost nobody does it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-07-27 at 3:18 PM, vFlitz said:

That point's usually  over a hour into a mission. And let's be honest, very, VERY, few people even go that long into a match. I've gone a hour and a half farming relics in the void with a friend for unvaulted relics and didn't die. The only time I've actually been oneshotted while using him was from a Toxic Ancient that I didn't see/pay attention to.

Took my time getting Wukong's prime parts. I wasn't expecting any dramatic changes nor did I feel compelled to look through his update notes.

Playing him now though... man... DE did good.

It ain't easy getting me to add a frame to my load-out roster, but you did it. Well done.