Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)Lucas Jameson

Velocitus Variable Zoom (and other ideas for your favourite railcannon)

So, the Velocitus is supposed to be the archwing sniper rifle, being a single-shot high-damage weapon with a pretty hefty charged shot. But it ends up falling a bit short, quite literally. It has the same zoom as the imperator, but just increasing that is going to make it unusable in normal missions...

My idea for a solution? Add a variable zoom to it, similar to the Veldt. Maintain the close range level for normal shooting and then also have the magnified zoom for long-range on the open world. What do you think?

(Also maybe switch the damage type to physical? Please? Magnetic damage is great and all, but only against corpus. And it's a railgun, yes it uses electromagnetic energy but the projectile itself is physical. Pretty please?)

It's supposed to be the Archwing railgun.

15 hours ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

(Also maybe switch the damage type to physical? Please? Magnetic damage is great and all, but only against corpus. And it's a railgun, yes it uses electromagnetic energy but the projectile itself is physical. Pretty please?)

Should all weapons with faction (un)friendly elements now be changed to something else? This is a new weapon you want.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It's supposed to be the Archwing railgun.

Should all weapons with faction (un)friendly elements now be changed to something else? This is a new weapon you want.

A railgun is basically just a sniper rifle for killing tanks, so yeah

It's more that it doesn't make sense for a weapon with a physical projectile to do purely elemental damage, that's all. This was more about the variable zoom than the damage type anyway

Honestly the weapon should just get the sniper zoom, as in variable, I mean it's the "sniper" archgun after all.

I think the thing which would help the Velocitus the most is if it got its knockback on charged shots removed as that knockback literally makes it
unplayable for me at least as the time the animation takes is just so long and increases the TTK of enemies to such degrees that I don't even consider using the weapon in normal missions

Also a thing which is terrible is that uncharged shots only deal 10%dmg, in archwing that is not a problem as the gun is spammable but in atmospheric mode the only way to circumvent the knockback is just nonviable as 10% just don't cut it, and the other comparable archweapon with a similar mechanic the Corvas gets to have 50% on uncharged shots. I think these numbers were alright in archwing mode but they really fall short on the Velocitus in Atmospheric mode.

I seriously hope that the Archwing revamp for Railjack addresses issues like these and more.  I fully agree that the Velocitus needs a sniper scope, and I would argue even the Corvus (or is it the Cyngus?) needs one, but possibly only a 1x zoom as opposed to the 2x other snipers benefit from.

3 hours ago, --Q--ualityContent said:

Honestly the weapon should just get the sniper zoom, as in variable, I mean it's the "sniper" archgun after all.

I think the thing which would help the Velocitus the most is if it got its knockback on charged shots removed as that knockback literally makes it
unplayable for me at least as the time the animation takes is just so long and increases the TTK of enemies to such degrees that I don't even consider using the weapon in normal missions

Also a thing which is terrible is that uncharged shots only deal 10%dmg, in archwing that is not a problem as the gun is spammable but in atmospheric mode the only way to circumvent the knockback is just nonviable as 10% just don't cut it, and the other comparable archweapon with a similar mechanic the Corvas gets to have 50% on uncharged shots. I think these numbers were alright in archwing mode but they really fall short on the Velocitus in Atmospheric mode.

That would be a nice touch as well, although I feel like it adds to the feel of the weapon, it makes it feel a little weightier. And only doing 1/6 damage (I got bored and did the math on object-health things, okay?) on an uncharged shot is so tiny, I absolutely agree with you there.

19 minutes ago, Caine2112 said:

I seriously hope that the Archwing revamp for Railjack addresses issues like these and more.  I fully agree that the Velocitus needs a sniper scope, and I would argue even the Corvus (or is it the Cyngus?) needs one, but possibly only a 1x zoom as opposed to the 2x other snipers benefit from.

The Corvas (shotgun) I'd say is fine, but adding it to the Cyngas (burst rifle) would actually make me consider rebuilding it