[DE]Rebecca

FYI: 1000 Friend cap is coming.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Who has more than 1000 friends anyways?

i do and many others too, i bet.

4 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

We peasants won't ever know.. only the famous people can live that life.

you said it.

26 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

There's no way you engage with all of your 1000 friends, your complaint is just absurd tbh.

if i engage, when i engage or whatever, it is another matter and my right.

we need to be replacing people after the cap now and this is not good, in my opinion.

and the complaint is absurd in your opinion, just like yours is in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

In this day and age of social media fluff it is obviously a fake account if there isn't a huge pile of friends 😄

if it has a huge pile of friends or a few or none at all, it is a personal matter.

8 minutes ago, ZarTham said:

lololol 😂

such a constructive post.

Edited by No1Eye

Posted (edited)

Then you better start filtering that friends list of yours, no? DE's servers already have issues dealing with matchups and host migrations, plus having to check players status and their location on someone's 1000+ friends and report it to the player, now this might not be a huge tweak, but summed with other tweaks it may remove some of the burden their servers already have.

But my thinking might be wrong, still, I stand behind what I said.

Edit: Just noticed the post has been moved while I was answer to @No1Eye

Edited by ZarTham

Glad to know about these changes. Like some, I usually run solo so not many on my friends list.

However, unlike a decent majority, I've never had the privilege of being on a Dev's friend list, thanks to my self-imposed isolation from the rest. Unless a new player directly asks me for help, I keep my presence as restricted to others as possible... And considering how I usually execute non-endless missions, its almost impossible to play with someone else more than once, excluding specific circumstances.

I don't know if there were any opportunities to team up with a Dev, for example, since that's probably how I tend to populate my friends list (which reminds me, I don't need someone who hasn't logged in for 2 years straight on it, gotta clean house) but considering how "volatile" (nitroglicerine style) I usually am, I don't believe I will have the privilege of being added to a Dev's friend list.

Note: none of what I just said is an indication of wanting it, this is a description of my current reality. I have plenty of room on my list, but I'm not going to populate it just to because I can... If it ends up happening, so be it. But until then, this is a fair description of my reality concerning friends list.

@[DE]Rebecca I would've probably chosen to apply a shorter limit, also for database reasons, but I do believe that the 1000 limit is appropriate to start with.

Oh no whatever will people do with their friends list capped at the size of a moon clan.  No one talks to 1000 different people with any regularity at all.  

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Then you better start filtering that friends list of yours, no? DE's servers already have issues dealing with matchups and host migrations, plus having to check players status and their location on someone's 1000+ friends and report it to the player, now this might not be a huge tweak, but summed with other tweaks it may remove some of the burden their servers already have.

But my thinking might be wrong, still, I stand behind what I said.

Edit: Just noticed the post has been moved while I was answer to @No1Eye

i did not say your thinking is wrong.

all i said is that this whole thing is a personal matter.

filtering or not filtering is my right, and each person's right.

you might, but a lot of players might not want nor like to be filtering, based on this specific criteria, which is now the set of friend limit.

so, they should not touch the friendlist behavior, since there is people who wanna have no friends, people who wanna have a few and people who wanna have a pile of friends.

it is a personal matter and it needs no justification towards anyone, i believe.

when the cap is set to 1,000 and there is people like me who have already above 3,000 (as so many others do as well), it means that when i wanna add even 1 more or someone might wanna add me instead, this action will never happen, unless i remove 2,001 of my friends.

and then, after that, each time i wanna add a player, i am gonna have to remove someone else.

and i do not see this as a good thing.

thus, i said, this is a personal matter and it does not affect the ones who wanna have no friends or a few friends, but those who have a lot, for their own reasons, which they do not need to justify to anyone, since it is their right to do so.

and if and when i wanna interact with all those friends of mine, it is another matter, which needs no justification as well.

also, concerning the servers and the host migrations, i believe they need to come up with a another solution and a fix on that, and not force us to have a limit in our friendlist, just coz some other games have it as well.

Edited by No1Eye

I have like three friends that I never talk to. 

I doubt this would come relevant to me any time soon. 

beside having only about 10% (IF only ^^) of my list actually consist of people i play with more often, that sure doesn't bother me - but, you people at DE can only blame yourself for this by not thinking ahead when creating stuff like "do an X-mission with friends"  condition every now an then for challenges...

and speaking of capacities: you done the same nonsense with the riven mods. you created them so that weapons that are rarely used gets more interesting wit those mods... what you did create instead was a) an heavy addition to the powercreep we already experience with new weapons being created and b) a new way to let platinum circulate around. both things are ok and i can't say if it help anyone (players or DE) or not, but the stated intention for the riven mods, you did not archieve at all. and why is that so? first would be humans being creatures of habit and rarely ever want to change their favorite toys (though luckily some do or else we would still hang around in trees ^^) and the other reason is the cap-limit to how many riven mods we can own - and no, not the original one but the real max. you give us (that's 90+1 riven mods)... if you really intended the players to use weapons commonly known as "mastery fodder" instead of the 'usual' WMDs they run with, you should at least grand us the amount of riven for every weapon you released, right? i mean that's what logic dictates any sane person.

now, people hunt for riven mods of their favorite toy-WMDs more than they ever try out old guns, which riven they might get, instead... i'd say: mission failed.