Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Heliosphere

Firetempest

I don't see enough guessing over this new area. The Heliosphere. The new spacial location in the star map for Empyrean that represents the giant bubble of solar plasma that protects the solar system from harsher interstellar plasma. So in other words. A extremely vast area far away from everything in any direction.

In the Tennocon presentation, you get random missions into this heliosphere from just about anywhere like a new npc you hired for the ship.

I'm sure the execution of it will only be a small fraction of the potential swimming in our minds. But its a giant dumping ground for potentially... everything really. All vaulted goods, old alert stuff not in NW, old season NW stuff, old event stuff. New stuff. Imagine collecting coordinates to old and new world wonders. Maybe being able to sell them to others. 

DE could still do concentrated unvaulting with the dedicated loot areas and cosmetics. But imagine running some random mission. Seeing a glowing defense console object (just a RNG occurrence) and interacting with it rewards you with a heliosphere mission coordinate for a relic vaulted 6 months ago. Something you wouldn't see for like another two years DE time.

Spread this out to mission rewards. Random eximus drops. In crates/lockers in hidden side rooms. Syndicate, baro, NW stores. So on and so on.

Mainly I'm just getting overexcited at the idea of treasure maps that will never exist.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

I would love a dedicated section or two of Railjack which has the sole purpose of 'go out and look for treasure, fight pirates, space monsters and enemy star cruisers that are all either also looking for or wanting to stop you looking for that treasure.'

I mean, we have a spaceship, a crew, the vastness of space and we're opportunistic bounty hunters.

Tell me that doesn't just scream space treasure hunt!

39 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would love a dedicated section or two of Railjack which has the sole purpose of 'go out and look for treasure, fight pirates, space monsters and enemy star cruisers that are all either also looking for or wanting to stop you looking for that treasure.'

I mean, we have a spaceship, a crew, the vastness of space and we're opportunistic bounty hunters.

Tell me that doesn't just scream space treasure hunt!

I'd love an "Expedition Mode", where you get better and better rewards for going further and further out without returning to the Drydock.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Corvid said:

I'd love an "Expedition Mode", where you get better and better rewards for going further and further out without returning to the Drydock.

Lots of space for variation on such a mode too.

For example, a treasure hunt drifting from derelict to derelict in the heliosphere, hunting down an artefact the Grineer or Corpus beat you to and stealing it from them, or bringing the Kuva Lich system into it, a more rampage-y style of expedition where you bust up your Lich's empire, one facility and operation at a time.

This could turn out to be another kind of endless missioning, sometimes with a tie-in to Orokin derelict maps (assuming the player has derelict coordinates).

You start by picking a tier (let's say one of 3 tiers, each would have a different starting enemy level, could also determine the intial drop tables).

You jump to an area, explore, complete the objective, then the mission "escalates" to a new area. This would essentially be the next reward rotation, slightly bumps up the enemy levels, you get a new objective, off you go. Ad infinitum (or as far as you can go ^^).

Edited by Aldrr

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

I don't see enough guessing over this new area. The Heliosphere. The new spacial location in the star map for Hyperion that represents the giant bubble of solar plasma that protects the solar system from harsher interstellar plasma. So in other words. A extremely vast area far away from everything in any direction.

False. The Heliosphere is, literally, the entire solar system. It's their fancy way of saying "The stuff here? It could be anywhere."

Hell, they could finally start including the various moons that aren't on the star chart right now, let alone comets and asteroids.

(Also, I think you meant Empyrean, not Hyperion - this ain't Starcraft 2!)

Spoiler

1920px-PIA17046_-_Voyager_1_Goes_Interst

Edited by DrakeWurrum

54 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

False. The Heliosphere is, literally, the entire solar system. It's their fancy way of saying "The stuff here? It could be anywhere."

While technically accurate, that's actually underselling just how large the Heliosphere is. What your diagram doesn't show is that the Heliosphere isn't just a sphere surrounding the Solar System, rather it is the interaction between the solar wind and the cosmic background radiation. Since the sun is not stationary, this means that there is an absolutely colossal area of space trailing behind us that is still part of the heliosphere (this region is sometimes referred to as the Heliotail).

A better picture for showing the actual territory the Heliosphere covers would be this:

See the source image

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Firetempest said:

But its a giant dumping ground for potentially... 

Described most of warframe in a nutshell, 

I am looking forward to gameplay that is not limited to me shooting, stabbing or space magicking things so they die. 

• Like 1