Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking fix when ?

NoblePhantasm

The bane of existences that has been hurting warframe players since the dawn. Host with unstable ping should never have people joining them during matchmaking and ended up suffering because of it. My matchmaking ping limit was set to 150 ping and yet i joined a host with a ping of 478 ping that alternates around 300 to 800+ ping.

2B5123358682C15D9EAE30D455071EBC1EDEC266

Someone was doing profit taker.

I feel you, was about to chip the last bit of profit takers hp off when host left and group ended up in fortuna with nothing to show. Good times... (not)

Also had one where I could fly without archwing because the lag was so bad. Fun but couldn't do anything else and had to leave.

Edited by Zelmen

If I had to guess, I would say that they select host based on network latency.

A host can have awesome network, but a really bad PC that has trouble keeping up with the tasks of handling data for all squad players, especially in open world areas with lots going on ( such as Profit Taker ).

Ideally, DE would have to look at the client processing capability and not just network latency.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

If I had to guess, I would say that they select host based on network latency.

A host can have awesome network, but a really bad PC that has trouble keeping up with the tasks of handling data for all squad players, especially in open world areas with lots going on ( such as Profit Taker ).

Ideally, DE would have to look at the client processing capability and not just network latency.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I’ve had a similar issue happen in an arbitration. It made me really sad cause I wanted to see what kind of damage a 300% saryn could do. However after two host migrations and the defense target being taken down to 20% health after the migrations I couldn’t go through with the arby. 

1 hour ago, Zelmen said:

I feel you, was about to chip the last bit of profit takers hp off when host left and group ended up in fortuna with nothing to show. Good times... (not)

I was in the plains running bounties and I was in front of the last supply cache with five seconds left when the host left... after migration we had failed. So close...

They need to do two things. Have a better utility for determining the capabilities of your system, and rework the networking system. Host migrations are the worst, and I have to wonder if there's a way around this. For example, could everybody act like a host but send their data to /null if they are not the host, and when the host leaves the next client in line immediately starts sending it's data to the clients? When I was employable we used a failover system that could change between a cell and data radio network instantly without the end user noticing anything had happened (except for the sudden drop in bandwidth).