Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare aura?

A bit of a thought slipped through my mind again (I need help to stop this), how about an aura mod from nightmare mission? The first mod came in my mind from Sanctuary Onslaught at 3 am was an aura that reduces armor and shield in one package and a teammate named it corrosive disruption

What do you think?

(inb4 hypocrites that say the game has no challenge but insist the aura is mandatory because reasons)

Edited by 844448
  • Like 8

I would really like more "nightmare" things, being them mods/arcanes/what else, they really make for interesting builds

Or even a corrupted aura, like -enemy armor/-team shield, but this can probably get too close to griefing

Edited by (NSW)Fiftycentis
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's kind of been floated around before, super neat idea. Wondering what other ideas people have!

Energy regeneration and Health regeneration.
We'll call it uhhh... Energizing Rejuvenation?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's kind of been floated around before, super neat idea. Wondering what other ideas people have!

Can we get a special mod slot for Peculiar Bloom. Want to use it more but hard to do hard content when down a mod.

latest?cb=20180423230829

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about +X%(15% or so) damage (after modding) and +Y%(150% or so) ammo conversion on equipped weapon (melee can get some other bonus like Combo Duration, Attack Speed, or something). That way, all Amp/Scavenger Aura Mods can be removed and converted into a single Aura that might be interesting to use (Eidolons, Orbs, etc.).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

I would really like more "nightmare" things, being them mods/arcanes/what else, they really make for interesting builds

Or even a corrupted aura, like -enemy armor/-team shield, but this can probably get too close to griefing

If the Corrupted effect was only 'on self' it would be doable!

• Like 19

Slightly on topic with corrupt mods.

I'd like a mod that gives some sort of benefit, possibly health increase or health recover, in exchange for reducing shields, -100% at max rank.

The main draw would be not the benefit, but the 'negative' allowing certain frames like saryn to go all in on health if the user wishes. One advantage being that every bit of damage they would take activates the rage mod, instead needing to eat at the shields first.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sort of in the same vein, combos I've always thought would be fun are (effects toned down for balance ofc)

A hybrid aura between energy siphon and rejuvenation. Sometimes people need to regain health, sometimes energy, sometimes both .

A hybrid between power donation and growing power, negative power strength while buffing teammates, but proc a status and get compensated for the power donation effect. 

A hybrid between steel charge and sprint boost, so an actual steel charge 

Edited by CephalonDizzy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I raise you Corrosive Radar.

I actually really like the thought of adding Radar onto things, Id take a small hit a lot of various aura effects to add in the ability to bump up the Enemy (or even loot!) Radar for EVERYONe in the party, if that became the standard might even be able to drop Animal instinct off of the companion! XD

11 minutes ago, NoXHeart said:

Slightly on topic with corrupt mods.

I'd like a mod that gives some sort of benefit, possibly health increase or health recover, in exchange for reducing shields, -100% at max rank.

Its called a Decaying Key! 😁

(but in seriousness this would be really nice, I want this on Nezha, actually run a decaying key on him to allow for constant Rage without having pesky shields get in the way, would be great to get an actual benefit to and us a mod instead XD)

I very much like the thought of this, having dual Aura's could add a lottt of variety to the game and make four mans have a lot more to think about than just 'run corrosive projection/Physique/growing power huhuhu!' (and yes there are a lot more auras that see use like steal charge and Rifle amp and stuff but in general xD)

a lot i could think of have already been discussed, but maybe one could be coaction drift but on the whole party? Not sure that be a nightmare mod but could be cool.

Other than that maybe something like....Physique United? Health and armor for the party? 

hace 1 hora, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Speaking of Auras... for some reason that word make me think in Ephemeras, what about of some special Nightmarish Ephemera what can only be earn in Nightmare missions? Or some kind of special loot that only appear in for example Nighmare defense or interception long runs? For eample... Stalker or Shadow Stalker Specters or sometrhing like that 🙂

I also like the idea about those new mods like @844448 says, we can have a Nightmare Mods Set only earned from the Nighmare missions?

39 minutes ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

Its called a Decaying Key! 😁

(but in seriousness this would be really nice, I want this on Nezha, actually run a decaying key on him to allow for constant Rage without having pesky shields get in the way, would be great to get an actual benefit to and us a mod instead XD)

Well, on top of not also having to remove the decaying key each time you play a frame that doesn't benefit from it...