Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Roller Map (Or Planet?) And Boss

armour121

I was talking to my clan members, and we got onto the topic of rollers. Someone mentioned that it would be really cool to have a map dedicated to rollers. Jokingly, a roller boss was also suggested. But maybe this could actually be a concept? 

Rollers are not sufficiently represented in this game. Several new types of rollers could be introduced. Perhaps rollers with flamethrowers, toxic roller mines, cryo roller mines, etc. Maybe there could even be objects mounted on the walls that spawn infinite rollers until destoryed.

Maps could be edited so as to allow for more flat ground for the enemies to move around more easily, as many rooms are not tailored to these types of enemy. Perhaps there could even be a special level that is a square (or maybe round), completely flat room with many rollers strewn about the room. The player(s) drop down from the middle of the cieling, such as in the Grineer Galleon. Wall-mounted roller-spawners may or may not need to be there. It could work as an extermination-style map, allowing a door to open on the side only after all have been killed.

The aforementioned roller boss could have a rainbow of colorful roller-based abilities, including spinning blades, a flamethrower, a Torid-like weapon, a rocket launcher, perhaps, roller spawning, or self-destruction in a powerful explosion upon death.

Upon death, the roller boss could drop parts for a roller warframe! This warframe could have several ball-based abilities, such as the first ability being an ability with an extended duration, which allows the warframe to enter into a ball mode, the basis for all of his skills. He could have the obvious spinning blade attack, which would stagger, maybe some ability that would allow his spikes to dig into walls and move freely on any surface, and his final ability could be a powerful self-destruction, which would do slight damage to himself.

I feel that this idea may be immediately rejected by many, but please consider that this idea could be an extremely challenging level or planet. Many already hate rollers, and a buff like this could get some serious groans. The concept was met with serious opposition within my clan itself, someone saying they'd have nighmares because of me. It could even be its own zone, like the Void, or the Derelict, so as to make it seem even more detached from actual gameplay and more of a challenge to overcome. Throw in a prime, and everyone will want to do it.

I wonder... giant roller spawns a la secondary objective event.

--

Lotus: It seems that the Grineer have deployed an experimental security measure. Caution is advised, Tenno.

*giant roller rolls around the corner*

Lotus: Sensors indicate it's immune to damage. Run!

This warframe could have several ball-based abilities, such as the first ability being an ability with an extended duration, which allows the warframe to enter into a ball mode, the basis for all of his skills.

Samus Power Suit as a Warframe confirmed. Samus_normal_roll.gif