Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to force players to open a map of the universe of the game

Baciloid

Often, players do not show a desire to open a map, arguing that other players will lead me to a location of interest to me. Adding the arbitration mode to the game was not fully resolved, the endless ones continue "... take me away because this location is not open for me ...". I propose to use the mechanics of such a "hunt for the Sphere" or "visit the relay" only working as the impossibility of taking a player to a location, if he himself did not open it. I think this will force the player to open a map of the solar system and slightly unload the chat from beggars
 Regards and ... sorry for my English :)

• Like 1

10 минут назад, Atsia сказал:

What exactly are you complaining about here? That people don't explore the Starchart?

Namely, they don’t want to open motivating that it’s a long or hard time, they are looking for how to raise the rank without straining hard, that is, as we say "fall on the tail" and the messages start to clog the chat "... take me to Hidron because the location is not open, but I want to raise my rank faster ... "

9 minutes ago, Atsia said:

What exactly are you complaining about here? That people don't explore the Starchart?

I think he is talking about unlocking whole star chart by player themselves and removing " taxi " to locked places , so there will be no / less people begging for taxi in recruit chat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baciloid said:

Namely, they don’t want to open motivating that it’s a long or hard time, they are looking for how to raise the rank without straining hard, that is, as we say "fall on the tail" and the messages start to clog the chat "... take me to Hidron because the location is not open, but I want to raise my rank faster ... "

So you're mad that people get Taxi'ed? So what then? They still have to have every planet unlocked at least to progress through the game, so what does it matter if I want to take a lower rank player ahead a few places to help them level a bit faster?

8 минут назад, Aeon94 сказал:

I think he is talking about unlocking whole star chart by player themselves and removing " taxi " to locked places , so there will be no / less people begging for taxi in recruit chat.

Yes, I suppose I am not surprised when new recruits ask for it, but when I meet people 20+ wounds asking for it ... it's just parasites sitting behind the other players

• Like 1

10 минут назад, Atsia сказал:

So you're mad that people get Taxi'ed? So what then? They still have to have every planet unlocked at least to progress through the game, so what does it matter if I want to take a lower rank player ahead a few places to help them level a bit faster?

I'm not angry, but it kills the very meaning of the game, the meaning of the game is something to achieve, and so what meaning will I achieve it myself or see for example the game on Youtube

• Like 1

7 минут назад, Leyvonne сказал:

People would just beg others to help unlock all the nodes for them so begging would just get worse... and if we had to unlock the nodes solo it would reduce the co-op aspect of the game quite a bit.

Why alone, this made a) the neophytes get together for the passage of missions in stages, b) this does not mean that I cannot help the neophytes to pass their game but step by step, well and in hand it takes me two weeks to open the chart without much fanaticism. and there are always random players at the missions where the ranks usually increase

This will help eliminate the element of parasitism and not wanting to do something yourself "Like why should I strain if I ask and take me away, it’s enough for me to sit on the open Earth" I often come across messages that the player will not even just raise the rank actively, but be on a mission as a “body”

Edited by Baciloid

You do realise that the Tenno community that you love was built upon the willingness of your predecessors helping others? It's people like you that are killing the Tenno spirit. Do you complain about leechers? Where you see a leech, I see the Tenno affinity boost being applied. More affinity for me. I don't care if a new player can not contribute as I can. It is to be expected. How about you try doing you, and let other people decide for themselves what they want?

10 минут назад, CuChulainnWD сказал:

You do realise that the Tenno community that you love was built upon the willingness of your predecessors helping others? It's people like you that are killing the Tenno spirit. Do you complain about leechers? Where you see a leech, I see the Tenno affinity boost being applied. More affinity for me. I don't care if a new player can not contribute as I can. It is to be expected. How about you try doing you, and let other people decide for themselves what they want?

I don’t mind help, but help is different, there is help when I’ve been in a party to help, and there is a party where I fall on the tail, I don’t say to cancel help, I’m just saying that to remove the possibility visiting missions in undiscovered locations, if you argue that such a mechanic kills the spirit of the game, you can then remove the ban on visiting missions on forays, just remove the need to open the map - "wherever I want, go there and go"

4 minutes ago, Baciloid said:

I don’t mind help, but help is different, there is help when I’ve been in a party to help, and there is a party where I fall on the tail, I don’t say to cancel help, I’m just saying that to remove the possibility visiting missions in undiscovered locations, if you argue that such a mechanic kills the spirit of the game, you can then remove the ban on visiting missions on forays, just remove the need to open the map - "wherever I want, go there and go"

Again, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill mate. People have been taxied around the star map before you played the game. It has not harmed its existence then, and will not now. Find something more tangible to complain about.

15 минут назад, CuChulainnWD сказал:

Again, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill mate. People have been taxied around the star map before you played the game. It has not harmed its existence then, and will not now. Find something more tangible to complain about.

I'm not complaining, initially I don't care if you want to drag players who do not want to open a star map, please, this is your choice. the question of how to force them to open, and not to torment others by asking them to take them somewhere, I will help players in their game, but I don’t take them somewhere. They want to open the card, please, invite me to the game, I help them. Yes, and I have been playing since 2014, so this problem has always been, but it didn’t touch me, I personally opened the card

1 hour ago, Baciloid said:

Yes, and I have been playing since 2014, so this problem has always been, but it didn’t touch me, I personally opened the card

That's what he's saying.... What you're calling a "problem" really isn't a problem. Trying to FORCE someone to open the star chart, is not a good idea. 

Also, remember that newer players don't always have access to the materials they need to use for building things. So if they ask for a taxi to get argon crystals, control modules, or even polymer bundles, I can understand that. 

If you don't want to taxi people, that's fine don't do it. But you can't tell others not to, Tenno. 

6 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

That's what he's saying.... What you're calling a "problem" really isn't a problem. Trying to FORCE someone to open the star chart, is not a good idea. 

Also, remember that newer players don't always have access to the materials they need to use for building things. So if they ask for a taxi to get argon crystals, control modules, or even polymer bundles, I can understand that. 

If you don't want to taxi people, that's fine don't do it. But you can't tell others not to, Tenno. 

No one forces to craft all that is in the game from the first day, and in order to have access to resources, you just need to open the location. But this is laziness to the neophytes, they want it here and now. I offer only action to stimulation. At the same time it will solve (partially) the problem of the Russian chat segment.

The problem is not that someone support opening locations, I am not against mutual assistance, the problem is that someone does not want to open locations, but makes a jump through locations, for example, to reach Hydron, but this is a constant pain of the Russian chat, when due to the lack of a normal moderation in the region, there is constant spamming by these simple ones

Nobody said anything about first day, did we? And having better gear would allow me to open the location for myself, easier. That's how many of us did it, especially when alerts were a thing. 

Don't misunderstand me. I won't taxi people to Hydron, but I will take them to the void, or polymer bundle farming, or even fishing on the Plains, and occasionally to Eris, because I know that without the resources, the game is just harder to progress through, for no good reason. 

And I try to impress upon them the understanding that, I got help and am now helping them; when they get a bit better at the game, it will be their turn to help others. I figure that's what makes our community stronger us wanting to be able to help one another, not forcing people to do things. 

14 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

Nobody said anything about first day, did we? And having better gear would allow me to open the location for myself, easier. That's how many of us did it, especially when alerts were a thing. 

Don't misunderstand me. I won't taxi people to Hydron, but I will take them to the void, or polymer bundle farming, or even fishing on the Plains, and occasionally to Eris, because I know that without the resources, the game is just harder to progress through, for no good reason. 

And I try to impress upon them the understanding that, I got help and am now helping them; when they get a bit better at the game, it will be their turn to help others. I figure that's what makes our community stronger us wanting to be able to help one another, not forcing people to do things. 

This is commendable, but returning to the topic, my idea was precisely to stimulate (not necessarily solo) the player to open the entire map, and not to beg, because it is not so difficult, given that in all locations (not necessarily all day) ) are random players. I understand that some players have problems with quests, but that means helping them get through this stage, and not doing a disservice. I don’t mind that I’m not going to push a player around locations (help plan), but against visiting an unopened player location to force the player not to beg for lead, but to open the location.
After all, the game has a mechanic of stimulation on the same Orca relay or the hunt for Sphere

8 minutes ago, Baciloid said:

This is commendable, but returning to the topic, my idea was precisely to stimulate (not necessarily solo) the player to open the entire map, and not to beg, because it is not so difficult, given that in all locations (not necessarily all day) ) are random players. I understand that some players have problems with quests, but that means helping them get through this stage, and not doing a disservice.

I'm sorry but my experience was different. I got "stuck" at some nodes for days trying to find groups. 

Instead of asking for someone to help me clear it, I'd try between other missions, sometimes for days, until I finally bumped in to someone. 

For many quests I found myself alone facing the challenges, which I didn't mind, partly because I went slowly and wasn't rushing in unprepared. But some people are finding out that they're in over their heads and asking for help, and that's fine. 

9 минут назад, (PS4)guzmantt1977 сказал:

I'm sorry but my experience was different. I got "stuck" at some nodes for days trying to find groups. 

Instead of asking for someone to help me clear it, I'd try between other missions, sometimes for days, until I finally bumped in to someone. 

For many quests I found myself alone facing the challenges, which I didn't mind, partly because I went slowly and wasn't rushing in unprepared. But some people are finding out that they're in over their heads and asking for help, and that's fine. 

I understand, but for example, the nodes are traversed in a solo, secondly, I don’t mind helping and vice versa, I would like to exclude the parasitic element from the game when players don’t even try to open a starchart, as I wrote above, even encounter players rank 20+ and did not bother to open up to the way to Hydron for example. I have another example, my comrade from the clan got a permanent ban, was forced to create a new account, he opened the star map again in a couple of weeks, the goal was just set