keikogi

Amalgan Thread , Dicussion over Scott's Rework/Fan Rework Archive

Overall good ideas, some people will complain dealing elemental damage isn't a job for Vauban (although he can already deal magnetic/radiation), but in RPGs like Mass Effect, the engineer class is the one that can do that kind of job (mostly fire, cold and electricity though)

Quite good ideas but I have a few complains

8 hours ago, StarMoral said:

Passive: For every incapacitated enemy, Vauban does 10% more damage.

Too strong

Ability 2: Burst

Vauban triggers the mines on his belt and on the field to cause a devistating AoE based on the mine's element, destroying foes and aiding allies.

(To help Minelayer get some use beside spreading status, Burst is a damaging/support ability that lets Vauban become more tactical with his mines. When activating Burst, Vauban bursts with the AoE of the selected mine, while others on the field burst their respective element. The elements do their espective status to enemies with a strong blast, but to allies, Fire gives a burst of Health, Electric replenishes Energy, Toxin increases attack speed, and Cold camoflauges allies [ie invisibility] for a short time.)

It only makes sense if Vauban gains the buff as well and if Vauban gets the buff he has infinity energy by smashing the 2 button.

Ability 3: Vortex Shield

Vauban throws a mine that turns into a deadly vortex, sucking in all enemies within range and crushing them, absorbing their atoms. After enemies are absorbed, a Nullifier-like shield quickly grows around the mine. The more enemies absorbed, the larger the shield will be. Enemies within the shield will be disarmed.

Just a good idea

Ability 4: Bastille

Vauban throws a mine that triggers a large bastille that lifts enemies into the air. When the bastille reaches the end of its duration, it becomes unstable and collapses in on itself, bringing enemies into the center and concussing them, causing a Radiation proc.

Once again just a decent idea

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Too strong

I did think either 5 or 10, and tbh 5 might be a better number. But again, his current passive is awesome as is.

It only makes sense if Vauban gains the buff as well and if Vauban gets the buff he has infinity energy by smashing the 2 button.

I personally think it could work like this: When Vauban uses Burst, unless he is around a mime he placed, he does not get the buff.

And with the Vortex and Bastille, those are honestly just additions to the abilities we have now. That might explain why they're good XD

Quite good ideas but I have a few complains

Too strong

Just a good idea

Once again just a decent idea

For his 2, if it gives 25 energy (or simply drop a blue orb, could be nice for people with Equilibrium or Zenurik passive), and the ability cost 50 (at 100 efficiency), I think it's fair (electricity damage being meh)

Also we could add a cooldown for the ability (so he doesn't spam the heal with fire too)

Obviously at max efficiency, Vauban could generate energy this way, but Energizing Dash would just outrank it

1 hour ago, Tatann said:

Overall good ideas, some people will complain dealing elemental damage isn't a job for Vauban (although he can already deal magnetic/radiation), but in RPGs like Mass Effect, the engineer class is the one that can do that kind of job (mostly fire, cold and electricity though)

I tried finding mechanics that wouldn't step on Chroma's toes, but even then Chroma would still be a trillion times better

because he's Chroma

1 minute ago, Tatann said:

For his 2, if it gives 25 energy (or simply drop a blue orb, could be nice for people with Equilibrium or Zenurik passive), and the ability cost 50 (at 100 efficiency), I think it's fair (electricity damage being meh)

Also we could add a cooldown for the ability (so he doesn't spam the heal with fire too)

Obviously at max efficiency, Vauban could generate energy this way, but Energizing Dash would just outrank it

A cooldown actually works well thematically, since Vauban is technically overcharging the mines. AND, the energy orbs could benefit Arcane Energize!

21 minutes ago, StarMoral said:

A cooldown actually works well thematically, since Vauban is technically overcharging the mines. AND, the energy orbs could benefit Arcane Energize!

Warframe usually does not go for proper cooldowns on warframe abilities. If you want to side step that problem you can create a fake cooldown by making all buffs duration based and preventing the skill form being recast while the buffs goes on.

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

Warframe usually does not go for proper cooldowns on warframe abilities. If you want to side step that problem you can create a fake cooldown by making all buffs duration based and preventing the skill form being recast while the buffs goes on.

That would likely be best, although I'm wondering what Ability Duration would do, since half of the elements work on timer, and the others are bursts. 😮

Straight to the case:

Passive, no changes:
Vauban deals 25% extra damage to enemies that are incapacitated and unable to move.

First ability: Grenadier,
Vauban throws one of his variety of specialized fragmentation grenades. Grenades cycle between their types upon holding the ability key, tapping the key causes Vauban to release the grenade selected. Grenade types are based on the IPS damage types. Grenades can be placed as mines if upon landing there are no enemies in range of explosion.

(grenades can be modded like an exalted weapon, using pistol mods)

Augment: Grenadier extravaganza,
Now all three grenade types will draw their mods from respective mod configurations from the arsenal, allowing you to customize all three of the grenades.

(this augment replaces tesla's augment)

Second ability: Air assistance,
Vauban activates a drone that follows him like a sentinel and boosts his shields, as well as recharge speed and recharge delay. Additionally, drone scans surrounding area for containers, loot and enemies every 5 seconds and attacks with a selected, weaker version of the grenade. Holding down the ability button commands the drone to follow one of your allies.

Third and fourth ability:
Basically no changes, but I would like to introduce a synergy between Bastille and Vortex:

When Vortex is thrown into Bastille, the Vortex's range is increased to the size of the Bastille and every new enemy caught into that trap increases damage dealt by the Vortex by 100% and range by 0,5m. Range stops increasing when maximum capacity of Bastille is reached. When Vortex and Bastille is combined, the trap lasts until Vortex's duration ends. Enemies entering the trap when capacity is reached stay uneffected.

(That allows both augments stay as they are, cause you can throw additional vortex's into existing one to add some duration AND bastille can repel enemies when capacity is reached)

The general idea is to allow Vauban to be more effective at killing enemies with his grenades but still be what he was intended to be - a CC frame.

Grenades would have 6m range and 50% status chance, upon initial explosion they would create 3 additional fragments and each of them would deal 50% less damage, have 50% less status chance and 50% less range. The drone's grenades would behave as the grenade's fragments.

Well, that's all, let me know what you think.

Edited by Liloon

Wny not allow him to drop grenades that detonate at 5 second intervals, dealing specific damage types, with a guaranteed proc.?

Wny not allow him to drop grenades that detonate at 5 second intervals, dealing specific damage types, with a guaranteed proc.?

10 minutes ago, zongotongo said:

That could work as well, I personally wanted to find a way to use the four elements in an offensive and supportive way.

Exactly, and what about allowing him, say, 50-75 percent damage reduction, when inside his own Bastille, or damage reduction based on number of suspended enemies?

• Upvote 1

NO ONE can decide on what he should have.
Everyone is posting their own insular vaub ideas..

DE, pick like 10, and make him modular.
There we go. Switchable abilities.

He's an engineer, it seems fitting to be able to redesign his whole kit by building new things.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

DE, pick like 10, and make him modular

Has been suggest before. Still a interesting idea with all the kitguns / zaws / moas we now have. Make have 4 slots and you can swap around. Maybe 3 share the same pool and the 4 is ultimate grouping only.

...Also, he can get damage reduction based on how many enemies are suspended by Bastille, or damage reduction while inside the Bastille area.

Well played goose. Well played. 

Looks as tho vortex and bastille will be merged. Eesh. Idk. Could be on command as seen here. 

also a [PH] for a new ability called Orbital Strike. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

Ah, so now I can charge and toss multiple Teslas?  ...Great, but do they now ensure a stun on at least the first shock?

There's a lot of details.  ...also, oof that spread hurt to watch

You forgot the latest update:

Looks like Bastille and Vortex are being merged into his 4, making way for a new 3. Interesting.

Edited by KnossosTNC

7 minutes ago, Sintag said:

Ah, so now I can charge and toss multiple Teslas?  ...Great, but do they now ensure a stun on at least the first shock?

There's a lot of details.  ...also, oof that spread hurt to watch

If you look closely you can see that its not actually teslas but seeker mines, it barely visable since their colors matches the background, view the vid full screen and look to the bottom left after he throws the bombs to see them

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

You forgot the latest update:

Looks like Bastille and Vortex are being merged into his 4, making way for a new 3. Interesting.

Interesting indeed. I'll update the post. Ty

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

7 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

he throws the bombs to see them

That might be cool. However if the AI shares Nyx's old psychic bolts AI it will be not so cool.