Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make sentinels invulnerable during operator mode

Oldskinzz

In operator mode our warframes become invulnerable. However it seems like our sentinels don't, because about half the time when I go to operator mode with enemies around and switch back, my sentinel is dead.

Losing a sentinel really hurts because I have lots of QOL mods including primed animal instinct, vacuum and looter on it. 

Can we have sentinels invulnerable similar to our warframes when in operator mode? There's no need for them to be active and drawing aggro while our warframes are invulnerable.

• Like 1

While convenient, it would run counter to how the enemy A.I. interacts with them.  While you're running around as your Operator, your warframe is technically considered "down."  Thus, even a passive sentinel will get attacked.

2 hours ago, Marswipp said:

While convenient, it would run counter to how the enemy A.I. interacts with them.  While you're running around as your Operator, your warframe is technically considered "down."  Thus, even a passive sentinel will get attacked.

Doesn't really seem like the same thing to me. When downed your warframe is still active and able to move and fire. Whereas in operator mode your warframe is totally dormant.

Can you clarify what you mean by the enemy AI interacting with them?

9 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

Doesn't really seem like the same thing to me. When downed your warframe is still active and able to move and fire. Whereas in operator mode your warframe is totally dormant.

Can you clarify what you mean by the enemy AI interacting with them?

When a Warframe is downed enemies stop focusing it and will switch to the next closest threat, in this case a sentinel, the same behavior applies with going into operator mode.

Imo, sentinels should also "shut down", stop attacking, become invulnerable and not aggro enemies while you go into operator.

Agreed. If my Warftame is immune to damage and inactive, can my Sentinel also get the same treatment, please? Jumping out of my Warframe in combat basically ensures that my Sentinel is going to die, far more so than while I'm actively controlling my Warframe even. There's a whole separate topic on the subject of Sentinel toughness, but this much would at least be nice. If my Warframe can't take damage while I'm controlling my Operator, then neither should my Sentinel.

9 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

When a Warframe is downed enemies stop focusing it and will switch to the next closest threat, in this case a sentinel, the same behavior applies with going into operator mode.

Yup this results in a dead sentinel more often than not. The chances are higher if one is playing solo or having no allies nearby at the time.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

On the way there, please give sentinels the ability to use the Link mods, thank you.

I like this idea. 14k hp sentinels with inaros please 😊 

One thing I much prefer about sentinels vs pets is they don't run about needlessly and get into trouble, just staying obediently by your side.