Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about Garuda..

(PSN)remo_yesman

What do you guys think of Garuda..? You notice she's one of the frames that's rarely seen? Do you think Garuda is any good?

I recently put like 4 forma into my Wisp, an I love her she's great, and she has really useful tools in her kit.. So after I finished with my Wisp, I noticed I had a Garuda, that I never touched, and I had a affinity booster, so let's go..

I'm on like my third forma on Garuda, and I can't help but notice she kinda sucks, as well as her exalted weapon.. It kinda sucks because she looks really cool, an her Tennogen looks great 😭😭😭, but she's just not that good.. The best thing she can do is almost kill herself with bloodletting an generate energy, and the coolest part about that is how she covers herself in blood.. Her 1 isnt that great, even when combining it with her 4, Then you gotta cast bloodletting to generate more energy, then blood altar to seven health.. 

I want Garuda to be good so bad, but it's like Why would you use Garuda when you can use Wisp/Equinox Prime? If you really wanna get down to the nitty gritty, Why would you use Garuda when you can use Any WARFRAME besides Vauban.. I honestly feel like in her current state, she's is one of the worst frames in the game, to be honest, depending on your build, Vauban is better than her, you gotta really go out of the way to use her, and Garuda deserves better..

Garuda is not that bad, the only issue is that her whole loop is clunky and requires too much effort for a majority of players (although there is a select group that likes it). This gives her a very specific playstyle that is enjoyed only by a certain group of people. A bit like Harrow.

Which means that unless you want to be pressing rotations and constantly on the edge you are not likely to like her playstyle. Given you like Wisp, Garuda is likely just not for you.

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Garuda is not that bad, the only issue is that her whole loop is clunky and requires too much effort for a majority of players (although there is a select group that likes it). This gives her a very specific playstyle that is enjoyed only by a certain group of people. A bit like Harrow.

Which means that unless you want to be pressing rotations and constantly on the edge you are not likely to like her playstyle. Given you like Wisp, Garuda is likely just not for you.

To be honest I'm a Saryn main since Draco was the defacto xp spot, but I like most Warframes.. Narrow, atleast he gives you access to massive damage output.. But honestly, Who's worst then Garuda right now..?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

What do you guys think of Garuda..? You notice she's one of the frames that's rarely seen? Do you think Garuda is any good?

I recently put like 4 forma into my Wisp, an I love her she's great, and she has really useful tools in her kit.. So after I finished with my Wisp, I noticed I had a Garuda, that I never touched, and I had a affinity booster, so let's go..

I'm on like my third forma on Garuda, and I can't help but notice she kinda sucks, as well as her exalted weapon.. It kinda sucks because she looks really cool, an her Tennogen looks great 😭😭😭, but she's just not that good.. The best thing she can do is almost kill herself with bloodletting an generate energy, and the coolest part about that is how she covers herself in blood.. Her 1 isnt that great, even when combining it with her 4, Then you gotta cast bloodletting to generate more energy, then blood altar to seven health.. 

I want Garuda to be good so bad, but it's like Why would you use Garuda when you can use Wisp/Equinox Prime? If you really wanna get down to the nitty gritty, Why would you use Garuda when you can use Any WARFRAME besides Vauban.. I honestly feel like in her current state, she's is one of the worst frames in the game, to be honest, depending on your build, Vauban is better than her, you gotta really go out of the way to use her, and Garuda deserves better..

Garuda has only one playstyle...one rotation ...

1.first you cast blood letting to get energy

2.blood altar to get back health

3.mirror to get your damage ball

4.wait for the ball to charge up good damage then cast seeking talons 

5.throw ball on enemies affected by seeking talons

You can definitely mix between these rotations but one thing is always a certainty...you cast your 1 the  your 4 then throw your 1 

You can't just use only 1 ability 

The same problem with nidus...you have to use all of your abilities 

But unlike nidus garuda takes too much set up 

For me i don't mind that at all, for others...maybe

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

To be honest I'm a Saryn main since Draco was the defacto xp spot, but I like most Warframes.. Narrow, atleast he gives you access to massive damage output.. But honestly, Who's worst then Garuda right now..?

You answered your question yourself.

It is a bit like how I hate playing Harrow. His playstyle just doesn't work for me.

Edited by Guest

I think there are two main reasons why Garuda isn't seen too often:

• She's one of the more difficult frames to play, if not the most difficult, because she needs a specific mod setup that lets her stay at 2 HP the entire mission to be at her best, and after that needs to manage her health at higher levels.
  • Like all caster frames, she suffers in a lot of current high-level content, because ability-immune enemies defeat her entire purpose.

With this in mind, I don't think Garuda is a bad frame by any stretch: when allowed to do her thing, she deals ridiculous amounts of damage and becomes one of the most survivable frames in the game. Rather, she has a niche playstyle with an abrupt learning curve, which is bound to make her less popular than most other frames (and that's fine). Beyond that, though, most caster frames right now struggle in an environment full of enemies that are designed to halt casting entirely, and Garuda's one of those affected: until those enemies get addressed, Garuda's popularity will continue to be less than it ought to be, and the same can be said for a whole lot of other casters.

• Like 5

she doesnt have a exalted weapon, as a exalted weapon is a channeled power which Gaurda does not have
She does have a build in weapon when that if you have no melee she is able to use which i think is pretty cool in its own way.

Gaurda is one of the frames that the mod quick thinking is a major need for, an combine with a prime flow your making her harder to kill.
use her 3 to fill up energy
use her 2 to refill health
repeat as needed

her 4 is able to target enemies behind walls.
so can easily bullet jump up an activate her 4
charge it up so have max target range
aim at group of enemies 
while power is held she can move around abit, even in the air as will float for abit before falling

always try to keep her 1 blood shield going so you have that extra bit of protection.

I like Garuda, but make a point of not playing frames that aren't primed. There is such a wide selection of prime frames, I have no reason to invest huge resources into unprimed ones. I had wukong collecting dust all these years, till prime came out. Personally Garuda is the only frame I'm looking forward to getting primed. I don't like wisp, or Hildryn or baruuk.

Edited by TaylorsContraction
  • Like 1

I'm actually one of the few who has pretty much transitioned into a Garuda main in the last few months, after years of maining Saryn (Saryn is starting to feel too easy, but that is another thread all together)

She certainly has to work for it but here are some notes (in no order, wall of text incoming) of what I love about Garuda:

PROS:

• She looks amazing. Let's just get that out of the way. Now that I have the 1 tennogen skin for her, I can't wait for there to be more. I will buy them all.
  • Her 1, although clunky at times, does A LOT for one skill.
  • Her 2 is not only an insane healing tool for you and your team mates, but also completely shuts down high threat targets, which even includes things you wouldn't expect, like bursas.
  • Her 1 and 2 are both high range mobility/travel tools, making Garuda a very nimble frame.
  • She is the queen of self sustain, and thus an amazing solo frame. Between her 2 and 3 (also magus elevate is great) she needs no support and can pretty much be at any amount of health and energy she chooses to be.
  • It wasn't always like this, but at some point Adaptation and Quick thinking was changed to work together. This makes her a tanking BEAST with an always active 100% increase to ALL damage, seeing as you can can stay on 2 hp and with a primed flow and the above mentioned mods, you have an insane amount of effective health because armor and adaptation reduces damage to your energy pool.
  • Her 4 clears low level content by itself at huge range, while also being immensely powerful in high level content. As long as it isn't status immune, nothing last "all damage from all source cause bleed procs".
  • She is effectively the only frame that can double weapon damage without casting any skills or having any buffs active, which makes her great for levelling weapons. if you play her at always 2 health (which is the right way) then that is just always on.
  • While not insanely useful, it is insanely hilarious when you realise that dodge rolling into enemies while your 1's mirror is active knocks them down. Become a literal battering ram 😄

CONS:

• As a player who spends a lot of time really understanding, testing, and fine tuning almost all frames in the game, Garuda is indeed hard to master. It will take time to figure out how to juggle her skills (other than the obvious 4 - 1 nuke combo) correctly, but when you master it, everything bleeds always.
  • She is entirely dependant on quick thinking and primed flow. I wish I could build a high health version of her, but it isn't worth sacrificing the passive damage buff.
  • More of a personal preference, but I feel natural talent is also mandatory. It might not feel all too required for new Garuda players, but once you get the hang of her playstyle and sustain, you want to start casting your skills often, especially her 4. Then natural talent improves the situation a lot.
  • Blood orb from her 1 is indeed mostly useless on enemies not effected by her 4, and also pretty crap to aim.
  • Also personal preference, but I would totally use her claw melee weapons if claw stances did not feel so jittery. There is nothing smooth about either claw stance IMO, and at current using a long range zaw will be better in literally every scenario. Hoping melee 3.0 fixes this a bit.
  • As with all Quick thinking builds, staggers can ruin your day. Although high armor and adaptation makes these very rare.
  • Seeing as you want to stay on 2 health at all times, playing with other frames that can heal you can be frustrating, because there is no way to opt out of allies healing you.
  • Dread ward augment sucks. For all the many things her 1 does, you would think an augment for this skills would be more interesting. Nope, literally pointless. Stacking enough duration to even try and makes this work will only reduce her already more than enough tankyness, for no gain. I could rant for days on this one... Changing it to a damage reduction buff instead of a directional mirror, or making the blood orb an AoE nova instead of a projectile, or literally anything else would have been better. Yet another dead on arrival augment. Let's hope skill 2, 3, and 4 gets something actually useful.

I'll edit this post if I can think of more. But my advice, if you like her, keep trying. She is just tough to get used to, not underpowered. I will happily take on any content with triple digit enemy levels with her, but it took me time to get there.

Edited by BillyMancer
  • Like 5

I have love-hate playing as her since her kit feels clunky. She's like the exact opposite of Nova such that for her abilities to work together takes a lot of effort and a lot of luck to pull off.

She is still rewarding to play in my opinion though. I build her primarily for survivability and her seeking talons to support the team. Everything just melts after I cast seeking talons and I could take out the hardest to kill targets with dread mirror so there's a plus but Garuda seriously needs some tweaking. Her blood orb is suppose to be a nuking ability but More often than not, I find it useless due to how long it takes to build up and I can still miss so relying on the blood orb for damage is a fool's errand.

No doubt though, she has the best healing abilities in the game... if the enemy you're casting it on isn't standing on an uneven surface.

I take Garuda on the Eidolon Hunt. My Adarza dont dying. Love this frame but some skills buggy (

For dmg. I use 3 skill + Madurai + Adarza + Vigorous Swap

For def. использую Adaptation + Quick Thinking

Edited by -EPECb-

22 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

I take Garuda on the Eidolon Hunt. My Adarza dont dying. Love this frame but some skills buggy (

I used to take Garuda on Eidolon hunts too but it's so difficult to nail a bombalisk in the chaos of battle. Just little tweaks would make her great already.

• Like 2

13 минут назад, TheInternetGuy сказал:

I used to take Garuda on Eidolon hunts too but it's so difficult to nail a bombalisk in the chaos of battle. Just little tweaks would make her great already. 

Its true Bro... Its true.

• Like 1

@TheInternetGuy

Share, find, save and theorycraft Warframe builds for warframes, weapons, companions and more on any device.

lots of casting and damage dealing, you will have no time to reload your entire kit is your 1, FOURTEEN SECONDS of invuln if target is killed by 1 That gives you enough time to kill another target. You are completely immune to damage 100% dr and keep health at 2 at all times Utilizing double energize to keep your pool up. stretch can be swapped with augur message if you want an extra second of immune or streamline for more eff If you really feel confident about energy orbs you can also swap stretch for energy conversion for a fat 5.86 damage multi on 1 shield you can throw your blood balls whenever you'd like in your little 3.4 m radius/ 7.9 meter radius

Directly taken from my Clan's Discord (homemade builds very knowledgeable and paper math testers.) Knock yourself out! (run a strong weapon when doing endurance for the 1 hit with her 1).
Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

^^ ability has no cooldown btw... infinite casting + infinite immunity. You can do this with a few frames. I think the concepts of utilizing armor, health, and shields for endurance or "endgame" content is bewildering when augments and abilities exist that provide damage immunity (looking at you protective dash). Only time health is valuable is on a few frames (one generates armor with health).

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

She's underplayed because the very specific style of play you have to conform to in order to make her work the best at end game.  Which involves hitting 2 HP and staying there as often as possible.  Which requires a specific set of mods.  Her 4 into blood ball is amazing damage even against bosses.  It's that a lot of enemies late game can switch your stuff off or flat out ignore your abilities.  Not to mention the setup required to nuke with her is rather long.

I personally love her and she's my go to frame when I want a more active playstyle.  (revenant being my new passive frame in most instances.)

I think garuda is a really good warframe that, for probably the first time in warframe, is something that gives back more than what you put in. Immense healing if you can get 3 overlapping altars, a shield that protects you in a way that encourages more awareness to allow yourself to be at low HP even though admittedly you can just saw screw it and throw on quick thinking, and an ult that works in such a unique way that it adds an extra layer of use to pretty much everything in the game. 

Her ult is incredibly simple, all damage causes bleed. But it's a completely unbiased buff that it allows so many applications. Everyone knows of dread heart + talons. It's obvious and incredibly powerful. But honestly for when I don't feel like giving up my shield for 1-2 targets I use a few other things. If I'm rolling a raw damage weapon like tigris and an enemy is giving me trouble I can just put them in a blood altar, fire 1 burst, let them go. The stored damage gets fed into 1 big damage number which, much like dread heart, leads to a single massive bleed hit. If I accidentally bring rad tigris to a high level grineer mission heavy gunners can take a good long while to kill even just shooting them in the face with a mark. But with this, 1 shot and they will bleed out in a second.

If you like melee, use relentless combination. Get a bunch of altars that are marked and spam away. They can be statused so you can stack such an insane amount of bleed procs that you can hit 1000 combo in under 30 seconds.

Acid shells explosion is a base damage hit and bleed caused by it triggers acid shells making the sobek incredible tool that scales as high as it wants. Operators funnily enough are quite good too if you can stay behind her shield. Their weapons have massive base damage and decent crit which is basically all bleed looks for meaning your amps like the burst fire or the BFG scaffold can really lay out damage.

This is all before taking into account the immense damage multiplier bleed gets from the passive. Even 50% is a huge multiplier for bleed damage. Honestly her passive can be pretty underrated since it's straight up a personal double damage modifier. If you combine it with any other buffs like chroma's you'll be doing an absolute ungodly amount of damage because you're just taking whatever bonus damage you get from him and doubling it. That does require coordination though.

I do wish she could have some problems ironed out. Her cast speed really is a bit slow for how much she leaves herself vulnerable during all the casts and I definitely wouldn't mind her base duration being upped so much as 5 seconds for her 1 and 2.

At the end of the day I only really use her cause I like her. If I was actually taking an objective seriously I'd probably swap warframes because I can't guarantee anyone bringing anything to do the objective. She doesn't exactly stop damage from hitting an objective well and she lacks the overall clear many frames do. Even with high cast speed, you are physically limited by the effort it takes to pull off your wipes compared to most frames. She rocks in sortie/arby defense though. Dear god.

Edited by Annnoth