Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Iris, an Iridescent/Bubble Warframe - Updated w/ Art

FrostyNovaPrime

EANPokNXoAEryU9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EANPolJXoAEvAd1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Original (now pretty old) topic here, but dual energy colors killed a major aspect of her.

Clarification with with her appearance: Iris is 100% iridescent. This means that her secondary, tertiary, and accent mapping depends on the light at her location. With Steve's passion for new lighting I'm surprised they haven't done a whole lot of iridescent objects in the game.

As for abilities, blue lettering is scaled by power strength, orange by range and green by duration.

Of course, any feedback on her abilities would be greatly appreciated!!

These is a out of the box visual design .Looks nice, cohese and fits the theme. 

My review of each skill.

1. Bubble 

The CC function fits well and it is good gameplay wise but the shield function is a bit undertuned

2. Fizzle 

To weak, this has the same upkeep as Croma's effigy for weak damaga and does little damage and procs corrosive each 4 seconds. Man channelled skills have effectively hight energy cost because they prevent you from you using energy regen ( zenurik , energy syphon ..)

3.Foam 

I feel like this skill only exist so you can combo it with her 4

4. Brust 

As much as like the visual of Iris snaping her fingers , the aoe is to big( I am awre you made ot this way to allow overlaping explosions , but even 10 explosions won't kill a lol 100 bombard . )

My reworked kit

Bubble

I would change to shield that looks like the first version of mag shield transfererence (a buble around the target , stops ranged damage but not stops melee hits and aoe damage), in the case of the buble shield ot would have around 1500 hp but would pop if it receive a single melee hit.The cc Bubble also stores the to of enemies killed inside ( this becomes relevant later).

Note: the buble stops traveling as soon as it hits an ally.

A bit more strenght and tematic flavor for the shield portion.

2. Buble carnival ( replaces foam)

Creates a new buble for each enemy traped inside a buble created by Iris 1( this buble uses the secondary energy color as it's maim color). This buble will seek enemies until it traps a new enemy inside. The Bubble s created by this skill will keep all stored damage of the original bubble. 

These changes allow "foam " to reliable CC new enemies.

3. Brust

Activates All bubbles dealimg 600 damage plus all damage stored inside the bubbles on a 5 meters radius. The bubbles will leave soap on the ground . enemies walking over soap will fall ( coded as knockdown , enemy takes a lot of time to get up again )

4 ?????

New Skill , but I run out of ideas.

Edited by keikogi

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

I would change to shield that looks like the first version of mag shield transfererence (a buble around the target , stops ranged damage but not stops melee hits and aoe damage), in the case of the buble shield ot would have around 1500 hp but would pop if it receive a single melee hit.The cc Bubble also stores the to of enemies killed inside

I like the mechanic of only blocking ranged attacks, but the shield aspect is not the main portion of Bubble. Since the shield stacks 3 times, I'd want to make the value lower. Maybe a 300 shield/900 with full stacks and grant some damage reduction?

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

2. Fizzle 

To weak, this has the same upkeep as Croma's effigy for weak damaga and does little damage and procs corrosive each 4 seconds. Man channelled skills have effectively hight energy cost because they prevent you from you using energy regen ( zenurik , energy syphon ..)

3.Foam 

I feel like this skill only exist so you can combo it with her 4

These two abilities were designed this way on purpose. I had more of a 'build up to big numbers and reset' idea for Iris instead of a reliable DPS. Foam is purely for repositioning; give her more of a sense that she's in control of the bubbles and enemies inside. The augment for Foam could be added to the core ability and if I can think of a new one.

Burst is kind of a 'grand finale' for her kit. Damage could be upped a bit to compensate for the armor scaling.

51 minutes ago, FrostyNovaPrime said:

I like the mechanic of only blocking ranged attacks, but the shield aspect is not the main portion of Bubble. Since the shield stacks 3 times, I'd want to make the value lower. Maybe a 300 shield/900 with full stacks and grant some damage reduction?

I was going with 1500 for the full HP of the shield. But 3 stacks of 300 works just fine. Straight damage reduction seens odd for bubbles but I chance of bouncing projectiles back seens fine.

51 minutes ago, FrostyNovaPrime said:

These two abilities were designed this way on purpose. I had more of a 'build up to big numbers and reset' idea for Iris instead of a reliable DPS. Foam is purely for repositioning; give her more of a sense that she's in control of the bubbles and enemies inside. The augment for Foam could be added to the core ability and if I can think of a new one.

Just bake 2 and 3 together. 

New skill

(PH) Bubble control

Iris assumes controls of her bubles controling their movement and changing their composition.Bubble becomes acid dealing damage a d corrosive procs. After this skill is activated it changes name to bubble knise until its duration runs out.

(PH)Buble knises. 

Iris moves all bubbles towards the target location. 

This Skill is chanelled but has no energy cost. Bubles move at the speed of 5 m/s.( meaning you have control over the bubble during this skill , since they will move towards your cursor but you can stop them when you wish)

Edited by keikogi