Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So When Can I Expect Mag's Nerf?

.Monarch

*** THIS IS A PARTLY JOKE THREAD, CHILLAX TENNO!!! ***

*** THIS IS ALSO ACTUALLY NOT A THREAD ABOUT NERFING MAG, LEARN 2 READ, and READ THE DAMN THREAD***

What happened is that, during grind in Kappa. I've put streamline, stretch, flow, focus on Mag. So naturally, I've just been yanking away. Enemies and tons of numbers popping up, flying everywhere. Lifeless ragdolls everywhere, before line of sight happened.

So the magnitude of Mag...Lame pun. Is no less than a Nova. Complaints on how Nova's Molecular Prime can go through wall, explosions everywhere, kill stealing etc. Mag's pull is no different, yanking a horde of enemies, killing everything in a direction, in a split second. Even more OP is that, Mag's Pull ability is the first ability, and putting Streamline, Flow on it, you can literally spam it 24/7 without an Energy Siphon.

BUT WAIT!!!

All this is possible, only because Kappa is located in a low level sector. Enemies are ranging from 20~25(?) Pfft, Anything can kill those suckers no problem.

All joke aside, here's my main point I'm trying to get across.

Seeing with my example, no doubt in anyone's eyes the way I work my Mag was extremely OP. Got a 900kills in one Kappa I believe? But sadly, such ability doesn't work well in high level missions. Pull, at most it can yank an enemy on the floor, but not killing them instantly. This so call, OP, is incredibly under-power to use in a high-level mission.

Ever since Survival missions got introduced into our regular routine. I believe most of you have started to come across enemies that are level 200+. Now putting the example of Mag in, you can say it's a joke. It's not gonna help, you might as well bring a Frost into an infested mission. But Nova, on the other hand...Molecular Prime, it has several buffs and debuffs. Or just debuffs. It slows enemies, enemies takes more damage, and when one of them dies, chain explosions that damages other enemies who were able to withstand initial impact. All these, at the scale of level 200+ enemies, Nova seemed mediocre. 

To conclude my point.

Every Frame got its ups and downs. Every Frame got its purpose in the battle field, and not every Frame is meant to raise above all else and be the hero/heroine of the match.

Personally, (IMO etc etc) I think Nova's place belongs in higher level matches. Where crowd control is a must. In which case, Nova's ability is completely normal, on par with the difficulty you're set in. Meaning, it does not need any sort of nerf. There is no control, of how players want to play their game, you can't forbid a player using a Frame that's meant for high tiers, in a newbie starting area. There will always be people who are power hungry, and want to show off their ego by dominating the battlefield with whatever means necessary. But that, doesn't mean the Frame is at fault.

Solution:

Developers and the community have spoken before. "Don't nerf X. Make X as good as Y" And we had a mutual understanding. For whatever reason that this have yet to be accomplished, I do not know. But one thing I do want to bring out to the open is that.

How about we stop tweaking the Frames itself? Now, hold on. Don't bring out your pitch forks just yet. Hear me out, I'm not saying everything about our Frames are perfect, some of them certainly needs a look at. But look, we are Tennos. We are engineered, made, born - Whatever you want to call it. We are killing machines, we are good at fighting and killing, and that's what we are, that's what we good at.

Why cripple ourselves, to make things challenging? Why not make our enemies evolve, to try conquer us?

Remember how Vor was? After the Vor's revenge update? ( I Believe )

Before DE fixed it, Vor's level could rocket up to level 100-ish, because of the party's members level.

THAT, that is the solution I'm suggesting. Of course, I'm not saying just rocket the entire enemies population out of control, this needs delicate calibration and what not.

But I'm suggesting that, adjust enemies level accordingly to the party's level. That way, every Frame would get their chance to shine. We will be playing on an even ground, instead of Tennos roflstomping Grineer, or just MoAs rage stomping Tennos.

TL;DR:

I'm not good at these TL;DR. These are insights, if you're planning to act like a typical forum troll and didn't bother to read, and still want to reply. Then shame on you and I feel bad for your parents.

Edited by Rain-Maker

How about bringign back the Pull we had before 9.8 and can combo it again with AoE weapons, so we can also wipe higher lvl mobs instead of only the 30s...

Some Warframes still don't have a place. IE: Volt,Excal,Ash.

Nothing wrong with Excalibur if you know how to use it.

Same was with Mag and currently Nekros. the S#&$ part is the noobs with no braincells who only wanna spam 1 button and laugh...
Edited by jmthebigman

Yeah well, Volts first ability is crud.

Volt used to be one of the starter Frames you were allowed to pick. In which case, I can only assume that it's ability is stupidly low, because it was intended for starting level enemies. One of the frames that needs to be look at, like I already stated in my post.

Some Warframes still don't have a place. IE: Volt,Excal,Ash.

Volt ^

Excal is fine. It is a balanced starter Frame, and it can still hold up on its own in higher level missions.

1) Slash Dash to kill and break free of crowd.

2) Flash to stun enemies, gives breather to pick off enemies with your weapons, incredibly useful.

3) Super Jump, mobility skill. Match it with specific mods, for attack purpose. Or simply use it as an evasive maneuver. Useful skill.

4) Javelin, great kill move. Combo it with Mag's bullet attraction, instant boss killer. (Well almost instant)

Ash.

1) Shurikin got patched up. Match it with streamline etc, spam 1 to win.

2) Smoke screen...Need to say more? Useful for get away or preemptive strike.

3) Teleport. Yea I'd admit, beside using it to catch up or dodge it's pretty useless.

4) Alright, this skill can be better. Faster perhaps. Problem with it, is that enemies that are already tagged, usually already got taken down before Ash could get to it.

Title includes the word nerf, but doesn't want trolls.... 

*** THIS IS A PARTLY JOKE THREAD, CHILLAX TENNO!!! ***

-snip-

TL;DR:

I'm not good at these TL;DR. These are insights, if you're planning to act like a typical forum troll and didn't bother to read, and still want to reply. Then shame on you and I feel bad for your parents.

Should I just safely assume that you're illiterate?

If you actually read through the thread, you'd know my post got nothing to do with nerfing anything. In fact, it's against it.

Volt used to be one of the starter Frames you were allowed to pick. In which case, I can only assume that it's ability is stupidly low, because it was intended for starting level enemies. One of the frames that needs to be look at, like I already stated in my post.

Volt ^

Excal is fine. It is a balanced starter Frame, and it can still hold up on its own in higher level missions.

1) Slash Dash to kill and break free of crowd.

2) Flash to stun enemies, gives breather to pick off enemies with your weapons, incredibly useful.

3) Super Jump, mobility skill. Match it with specific mods, for attack purpose. Or simply use it as an evasive maneuver. Useful skill.

4) Javelin, great kill move. Combo it with Mag's bullet attraction, instant boss killer. (Well almost instant)

Ash.

1) Shurikin got patched up. Match it with streamline etc, spam 1 to win.

2) Smoke screen...Need to say more? Useful for get away or preemptive strike.

3) Teleport. Yea I'd admit, beside using it to catch up or dodge it's pretty useless.

4) Alright, this skill can be better. Faster perhaps. Problem with it, is that enemies that are already tagged, usually already got taken down before Ash could get to it.

I know, I've been playing Since January he was my starting frame. Point being it's time they looked at Volt and left Mag alone.

I know, I've been playing Since January he was my starting frame. Point being it's time they looked at Volt and left Mag alone.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, so no need to get your defense up in a bunch. This thread have nothing to do with nerf, or nerfing Mag. I'm just simply using Mag as an example, to show that every Frame got their place in a certain level range in the game. Using a certain Frame in a lower, or higher difficulty mission will result in under-power or OP situation.

"So heres my totally original suggestion, Lets buff enemies"

This thread isn't about buffing enemies. It is about adjusting enemy levels to the average of the Tenno's party level.

Resulting in - Every member of the team have to do their share of work, or else it's not going to work.

This method promotes team work, reduce the whole "hero" in the team situation.

I'm sure this idea my thread brought about isn't original. But it is needed, as too many members in the community buried their head so far up their rear, that all they see is nerf this nerf that.

This is my futile attempt at bringing bunch of illiterate little kids brain to think outside the box.

I admit it is my mistake to try do something constructive in General Discussion. I'll now retreat back to the zoo, and start teaching chimps how it's bad to eat their feces again, seeing that as an easier alternative.

......my parents left me in the street when i was born

In the case of you being serious.

Your parents left you in the street bla bla bla. Not trying to be insensitive.

But it is your choice to be better as a person, as a being. Just because some natural,unnatural causes, it is no excuse to act like an idiot. Stop blaming the conditions and things around you, and start improving yourself.

There are plenty of famous successful people who got a crappy childhood, but still able to stand out among the general population. 

Edited by Rain-Maker

This thread isn't about buffing enemies. It is about adjusting enemy levels to the average of the Tenno's party level.

Resulting in - Every member of the team have to do their share of work, or else it's not going to work.

uh no, this is already implemented with bosses.

if you don't like Mags pulling everything in low level maps then just play privately to avoid them.

this is why level indicators exist in maps

How about bringign back the Pull we had before 9.8 and can combo it again with AoE weapons, so we can also wipe higher lvl mobs instead of only the 30s...

Nothing wrong with Excalibur if you know how to use it.

Same was with Mag and currently Nekros. the S#&$ part is the noobs with no braincells who only wanna spam 1 button and laugh...

True.

uh no, this is already implemented with bosses.

if you don't like Mags pulling everything in low level maps then just play privately to avoid them.

this is why level indicators exist in maps

Hey crazy idea! How about reading the actual thread?! That's real crazy right?

I'm amazed how most, actually all of you who replied didn't read the thing, and quickly to assume I'm asking to nerf Mag. I even stated in the TL;DR: If you're too stupid or lazy to read, don't reply, because you're hurting your own reputation by show casing how stupid and lazy you are.

And UH NO. Bosses adjusted to the party's level. I stated that, acknowledged that, and SUGGESTED, not only the bosses, but the general enemies level as well.

Here's another TL;DR: for you.

Learn2Read

oh I'm sorry, I don't really read stupid posts.

It's not stupid posts, you're just too stupid to read.

And since you're stupid to begin with, I doubt you'd understand the difference.

So here's today assignment for you, go tell your parents that you need to repeat 2nd grade. Because clearly you missed a big part of your education. You think you can do that bud? I'm counting on you alright? Remember to tell your parents now ok?