Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Crafting/resources

Lady_Khaos

In the game's current state, the resources used in crafting recipes not only makes no sense, but has become significantly worse with U10.

Most obvious example: Mutagen Masses. These are globs of biological material, so why are the made of plastic and scrap metal? Especially considering we have Nano Spores out the wazoo. Same applies to Derelict "keys". If you look at them, they appear to be largely organic. Again, made of metal.

Now let's look at the opposite: rare resources. Why does a melee weapon require 5 neural implants to construct it (Kama)? Why do full metal revolvers use the brain stems of infested creatures (Neurode)?

Proposed solutions: have a logical system! Make regular weapon crafting more dependant on things like Ferrite and Alloy Plate and some Salvage. Make infested weapons use Nano Spores and NOT Salvage. Have gear use Polymer Bundles in place of Salvage. (If it isn't obvious, we don't have enough Salvage...and still far too many Nano Spores). Oh, and make it so we can actually get Mutagen Samples reliably, and not locked behind a wall of more farming.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

It's fine for Infested weapons to have some metal, as they aren't completely meat. The Synapse shets lightning and the Acrid has needles. Do you think that's possible with only flesh? Otherwise, I agree.

EDIT: They swapped the descriptions of Neural Sensors and Neurodes. Neurodes are now neural-links for controlling augmentation.. but they look Infested. It makes sense in terms of which bosses drop them though.

Edited by AlchemistMute

It's fine for Infested weapons to have some metal, as they aren't completely meat. The Synapse shets lightning and the Acrid has needles. Do you think that's possible with only flesh? Otherwise, I agree.

Synapse description states the electicity is produced via bio-chemical reaction. :p

-snip-

Because space magic.

(and mutagen mass is probably technocyte related, as such it can fuse with/incorporate metal and things. Also keep in mind that maybe the control module is used along with the salvage to construct an incubation chamber to grow the mutagen samples into mutagen masses. Also PLASTIDS != PLASTICS. Plastids are an infested tissue mass.)

Edited by Letter13

Speak for yourself 5xCRpRI.jpg Get off Xini and you'll have other resources than Nanospores. You'll find Savalge is just as easy to get as spores. 

As for the actual point of your thread, I agree with it but don't see it as a big deal. I'd rather have a better dropping system that rewards players for their time, effort and rank. Higher/harder level content = better mat drops. Voids a good start for Control Modules. Wish the Alloy plate was replaced with Ferrite though and a better place to gather other rare mats. 

Well, I've done Xini once. So...that's not it.