Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat DNA special alert when?

crazyjr

Question

Trying to find kavat DNA, from derilict's, In 45 minutes today, half the missions, I see and scan the kavats and 0 samples given. i already have an adarza and want a smeeta to do with it. making a second, but unfortunately it looks like an adarza. Had 17 samples before starting the incubation, now have 7 left, so no second chance with my luck at the moment.

Any chance for a special alert for kavat DNA? or even a nightwave credit option? This is as bad as nitain was for attaining, hoping you might can help DE

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

1 minute ago, crazyjr said:

Trying to find kavat DNA, from derilict's, In 45 minutes today, half the missions, I see and scan the kavats and 0 samples given. i already have an adarza and want a smeeta to do with it. making a second, but unfortunately it looks like an adarza. Had 17 samples before starting the incubation, now have 7 left, so no second chance with my luck at the moment.

Any chance for a special alert for kavat DNA? or even a nightwave credit option? This is as bad as nitain was for attaining, hoping you might can help DE

there's a mod for the synthisis scanner you can get from simarris where one scan will count as two doubling your chance for a kavat DNA thing. maybe bring nekros to further double your chances with his 3rd ability 

There are no more dna alerts now we have nightwave.... in return the buffed the drop chance of dna.

No idea why you've not managed any in 45mins. 

Maybe consider using the (synoid) heliocor to kill and scan at the same time.   However personally I just take a low power rhino stomp build but I do have a fully maxed out simaris scanner.

Edited by LSG501

Which Derelict mission were you doing ?

1 minute ago, Agentarizoa339 said:

there's a mod for the synthisis scanner you can get from simarris where one scan will count as two doubling your chance for a kavat DNA thing. maybe bring nekros to further double your chances with his 3rd ability 

The codes are aquired from Live Feral Kavats.... Nekros is outright useless for getting more of them....

The one thing that would significantly boost your chances of getting more codes is to buy a Resource Drop Chance booster (40 Platinum)... using this and a Resource Booster (another 40 Platinum) gave me 90 Kavat Genetic Codes in one day..... 

You'l get more if you go with a full group since Kavat Spawns are affected by Squad Size....

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Which Derelict mission were you doing ?

The codes are aquired from Live Feral Kavats.... Nekros is outright useless for getting more of them....

The one thing that would significantly boost your chances of getting more codes is to buy a Resource Drop Chance booster (40 Platinum)... using this and a Resource Booster (another 40 Platinum) gave me 90 Kavat Genetic Codes in one day..... 

You'l get more if you go with a full group since Kavat Spawns are affected by Squad Size....

ah. i just knew nekros is a farming frame. i've never used him in the delrelict before. mostly take my equinox if i ever needed kavat dna. so thanks for letting me know

• Like 1

I appreciate the advice guys, but even though for some reason it wasn't showing, i'd get a Code because i looked in the market, just pull up the codes and it'll tell you how many you have, so i was getting them, they for some reason were not showing

For whoever asked, i was doing capture and marking the beginning. When mission was finished, usually 45 seconds to a minute, i'd go back and start searching for the kavats. Did eventually get the 3 i needed and i did need them as the one i was making turned out to be another adarza. the next one was a smeeta i needed. once again thanks for the advice.

My first post, was more for bringing the issue to DE's attention and maybe making a special alert (they had them between nightwaves), or a buyable offering for creds. Still think it's a good idea as it is the second hardest thing to get in the game (Nitain is the worst).

BTW with a mele you can kill then scan the kavats, if you are quick enough. That way they don't run away, they can detect being scanned and make it tough if you run even a stealth frame

Edited by crazyjr

2 hours ago, crazyjr said:

For whoever asked, i was doing capture and marking the beginning.

It was me.... and if you're doing it Solo I suggest doing Sabotage instead.... while simultaneously also looking for orokin Vaults.... I've run into more Kavats this way....often ehen I do Capture the tile set just winds up  being so small that il be lucky to even see one Kavat.... only for Helios to instantly Murder it.

2 hours ago, crazyjr said:

BTW with a mele you can kill then scan the kavats, if you are quick enough. That way they don't run away, they can detect being scanned and make it tough if you run even a stealth frame

I usually just use limbo's Stasis to stop them from moving and also CC any enemies that would interupt me.... I had Overextended on to lower the amount of Damage my Rift does.... 

You can do the same thing with Rhino....