The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why DE should bring back bait blueprints!

sharp_shot-93

As someone who really enjoys the fishing aspects in the plains, I feel like the fishing blueprints should come back into the game, possibly at the highest rank of the cetus reward pool to avoid the complaints of newer players being "trapped" into buying blueprints which is one of the main arguments see towards this which even then wouldn't be bad now that we have thumpers dropping all the parts we need.

The blueprints could easily be implemented into the rewards along with the brought bait so that people don't need to use blueprints if they don't want to, as it is right now it's extremely unfair to anyone who didn't manage to snag them before they where removed;

As an example of this the glappid blueprint makes 20 baits, the bait cost 500 standing each which means that people who own the blueprints can just go out and farm thumpers for 15 mintues and have 10K worth of standing in baits, while everyone else needs to buy them, which is almost one third of the daily standing for cetus if you're maxed MR.

Edit- Had an after thought that the blueprints could be put into the market as a platinum purchase.

Edited by sharp_shot-93
Changed title so it doesn’t sound demanding, and Is more constructive
  • Like 1

Just now, Oreades said:

The thing that gets me more is the removal of the Dye blueprint tho part of me wonders if that was so that new Sentinel they added with Fortuna would have a purpose. 

I agree that literally made no sense to me at all, my clan leader on the other hand uses a smeeta for the chance of extra fish though so I guess that people still have a use for dyes, I personally use the sentinel as I only have the peppered bait BP, other wise I'd probably do the same thing.

I just don't understand why they removed blueprints but yet decided to release the thumpers being an enemy that drops the material to build the fish baits, which in turn makes it harder on newer players and people that missed out on the BP's that may enjoy fishing.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Waaaait if they removed Fish bait what are those materials even used for anymore? 

You buy fish bait with standing, as the tiers go up its something like 100 for the first teirr then it goes up to 500 for the glappid bait, which you only get a single piece of bait for so for the 20 you'd get crafting it will cost 10,000 standing.

To answer your question though, I believe the only uses for them are zaws and amps which use the tiniest amount of stuff, the amps use like 3 norg brains which I currently have over a thousand of along with each other foshing matt because there is nothing to use them on.

2 minutes ago, Cyclouros said:

Calm down Satan.

I'm calm, I just find it annoying having to waste so much standing to do one of the things that I enjoy the most in the game, I'm sure there are new players that probably feel the same way.

I never really invested in the blueprints because the grind was crazy for baits back then, now we have thumpers which make the grind much, much easier.

I agree I think it was a dumb move to remove the blueprints.  What's worse is the "why" behind their removal.  You are now forced to occasionally grind standing on either Earth or Venus to buy bait when before you could obtain the materials yourself without being forced into bounties that you have no reason to play nor interest in doing so.  I'm glad I have the few blueprints I have but it's complete crap that they were scrapped to now be bought only with standing.

• Like 2

As a "vet" who played when the planes released, and has the luxury of owning the blueprints, i gotta agree, new players who only have access to the standing baits and dye are at a severe disadvantage, i feel like both the blueprints aswell as the bought variants should exist,

i imagine it like this, you want to farm fish for standing? Craft them with materials, you want to farm fish for materials? Buy baits with standing,

That way its not like you'll have to spend mats to get more mats or spend standing to gain more standing, leaving you with your daily standing maxed minus the standing you wasted for baits in the first place

Now that i'm thinking about it, this should be applied to other items that previously were blueprints and now arent too

Edited by (PS4)Schobii564
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, (PS4)Schobii564 said:

As a "vet" who played when the planes released, and has the luxury of owning the blueprints, i gotta agree, new players who only have access to the standing baits and dye are at a severe disadvantage, i feel like both the blueprints aswell as the bought variants should exist,

i imagine it like this, you want to farm fish for standing? Craft them with materials, you want to farm fish for materials? Buy baits with standing,

That way its not like you'll have to spend mats to get more mats or spend standing to gain more standing, leaving you with your daily standing maxed minus the standing you wasted for baits in the first place

Now that i'm thinking about it, this should be applied to other items that previously were blueprints and now arent too

That's exactly right! 

The worst part about it though is the fact that they added the thumpers when they took the bait blueprints away, which not only made not wasting standing available to the people with the blueprints but also made the farm for crafting baits that much easier for the people that have them. Which honestly makes it feel like newer players and players that missed out on the bait blueprints got the shaft, especially considering the limitations on what all the parts are used for, which are a dozen or so amp parts, zaws, a few bits of clothing and them affinity flare things.

Edited by sharp_shot-93
  • Like 1

As a guy who only got first few BP, the ease of fishing with baits I have VS couldn't get is IMMENSE.

This 'You Must Buy Bait With Standing' ONLY is very player-unfriendly thing, especially to newer players who already have hard time catching up. 

Edited by OwlOfJune
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

As a guy who only got first few BP, the ease of fishing with baits I have VS couldn't get is IMMENSE.

This is very player-unfriendly thing, especially to newer players who already have hard time catching up. 

By this do you mean that using crafted bait would be player-unfriendly or that the current system is player-unfriendly?

if its the crafting aspect that's why I feel like both systems should co-exist in the game, weather it be blueprints for standing, or blueprints for platinum, the platinum purchase I could actually see being a relatively good idea, plat isn't hard to trade for and it would make the bait blueprints be more of a premium item sold separately or in a bundle that has a discounted price. This in turn would leave the people who don't want to throw plat at the blueprints to use the standing baits, that would in my opinion keep the current baits relevant.

If it's the latter that you feel is player-unfriendly I 100% agree with you.

Edited by sharp_shot-93

3 hours ago, IIAc3sII said:

Yes, De should either bring the fishing blueprints back for everyone, or delete them from everyone, keeping them around only for the people who already own them while new players have no access to them makes no sense.

I don’t think removing them from everyone is the way to go to be honest, all they need to do is re-introduce them for the folk that missed out. 

3 minutes ago, IIAc3sII said:

Still better than only excluding new people while the majority has them, but I agree, re-introducing them would be preferable.

When they removed the blueprints from PC they did so without any announcement, I even made a petition right after to ask if they could give me the blueprints and subtract the correct amount of standing (was still on wiki, I calculated it all) and even this simple and fair request got denied.

So judging from this, I don't expect much anymore.

Ever since that whole thing with Hema and the absolutely absurd amount of Mutagen Samples it cost to research and how DE never lowered it I don't really ever expect much quality of life fixes in our favor.  If anything, their "fixes" usually add more grind as has happened here with the bait change.

16 hours ago, Aliothale said:

Yea this is an extremely unfair advantage for players who own the blueprints. Either delete the blueprints from existence or bring them back. 

Kinda reminds me of the situation with Sentinel Rivens

15 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Kinda reminds me of the situation with Sentinel Rivens

They actually exist? I'm gathering that the people that had them got to keep them too?

It would be nice if a member of DE seen this and gave us some  input on the whole thing, that would be really nice.

21 minutes ago, IIAc3sII said:

Still better than only excluding new people while the majority has them, but I agree, re-introducing them would be preferable.

When they removed the blueprints from PC they did so without any announcement, I even made a petition right after to ask if they could give me the blueprints and subtract the correct amount of standing (was still on wiki, I calculated it all) and even this simple and fair request got denied. 

So judging from this, I don't expect much anymore.

Yeah that kind of sucks, I was going to reach out to one of the members of DE about possibly getting them gifted and having standing or something negated, I cold guarantee that they'd probably never reply to me anyhow.

I've never really cared about any other changes they've made to be honest, the fishing baits have kind of annoyed me though.

39 minutes ago, sharp_shot-93 said:

They actually exist? I'm gathering that the people that had them got to keep them too?

It would be nice if a member of DE seen this and gave us some  input on the whole thing, that would be really nice.

Yeah Secondary/Pistol Rivens used to open into Sentinel weapon Rivens as well. At least up until the Artax which was only available in game for about a week and DE pulled it specifically from rotation and a few months later they removed all Sentinel weapons from the drop rotations.

17 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Yeah Secondary/Pistol Rivens used to open into Sentinel weapon Rivens as well. At least up until the Artax which was only available in game for about a week and DE pulled it specifically from rotation and a few months later they removed all Sentinel weapons from the drop rotations.

damn learn something new every day.

On 2019-07-27 at 2:25 PM, Ralsk said:

Ever since that whole thing with Hema and the absolutely absurd amount of Mutagen Samples it cost to research and how DE never lowered it I don't really ever expect much quality of life fixes in our favor.  If anything, their "fixes" usually add more grind as has happened here with the bait change.

I remember the excuse of not nerfing the requirements of the Hema and Sibear being that it would be unfair on everyone who done the massive grind for it. 

Amazing how that stance changed for everyone when it come to arcanes and fishing baits though. 

The instant it was announced I knew there was no way I was going to sell them. 

I have made massive piles of bait since then, because I knew that newbs would need help with the fishing, and if someone needs a hand, I'll go with them just to throw piles of bait in the water for them. I don't suffer from the cost of standing, so I don't mind.

If I had to pay, I would be a lot less likely to use that much bait for the benefit of strangers. 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The instant it was announced I knew there was no way I was going to sell them. 

I have made massive piles of bait since then, because I knew that newbs would need help with the fishing, and if someone needs a hand, I'll go with them just to throw piles of bait in the water for them. I don't suffer from the cost of standing, so I don't mind.

If I had to pay, I would be a lot less likely to use that much bait for the benefit of strangers. 

Back when I used to play on PS4 I used to own all the baits it was amazing, it actually felt rewarding once you farmed the fish to make the rarer baits, which I did exactly as you did helping out the less fortunate with getting the better fishes and what not.

I unfortunately don’t have them on PC which I mainly play now which is kinda upsetting and extremely annoying, currently sitting on thousands of fish guts with nothing to use them on unfortunately. 

Maybe we might get lucky and a member of DE might actually see this and bring it up with their team. 

On 2019-07-27 at 3:12 AM, sharp_shot-93 said:

By this do you mean that using crafted bait would be player-unfriendly or that the current system is player-unfriendly?

if its the crafting aspect that's why I feel like both systems should co-exist in the game, weather it be blueprints for standing, or blueprints for platinum, the platinum purchase I could actually see being a relatively good idea, plat isn't hard to trade for and it would make the bait blueprints be more of a premium item sold separately or in a bundle that has a discounted price. This in turn would leave the people who don't want to throw plat at the blueprints to use the standing baits, that would in my opinion keep the current baits relevant.

If it's the latter that you feel is player-unfriendly I 100% agree with you.

I mean current system is unfriendly, ofc. 

• Like 1

Thankfully I still have the blueprints for PoE bait. Being able to craft the baits that I want is beyond better than wasting standing here and there for it. Even when Fortuna released, I despised having to buy bait over and over. Kind of wish they just offered the blueprints like normal AND offered the option to purchase bait like they currently are. Best of both worlds, people can farm fish parts and craft if we want to and people can just buy the bait with standing if they want to.

Edited by --Brandt--
  • Like 1