Garuda QOL tweaks

I was about to write a lengthy post about tweaking Garuda given the grief of playing her is not like the calculated killer I envisioned her to be but you know what, that little voice in the back of my head telling me "I can make this work.... somehow." is right. Garuda only needs minor tweaking just a quality of life tweaking enough to make her more enjoyable to play but not too much that it removes the fun of being a masochist like me.

Tweak #1

Please make the dread mirror a little bigger. If it's going to be a shield that covers my front, it should be doing that as advertised. I tried getting into a corridor to maximize her dread mirror but enemies keep strafing to the side and continue killing me as usual. I'm fine with them killing me from the back, sides and top, just protect my front.

Tweak #2

Make dread mirror not buggy. If I can see an enemy within range and just behind a railing, I should be able to lunge at him. I suggest make Garuda teleport to the enemy but still play her lunging animation which would work like Ash's teleport. Make the ability reliable to use. Uneven terrain is the death of her.

Tweak #3

Make blood altar only castable on enemies within 2 meters of Garuda. We already have an ability that can close the distance. Her current blood altar feels redundant as you still require to lunge at an enemy to activate it. She won't have to lunge at an enemy, she just needs a poor sap to cast it on. Again, uneven terrain.

• Like 2

Tweak #2 Agree. Tweak #3... 😕 hmmm. Vomvalists hard to catch with what is already there in 2nd skill, and you propose... If Garuda would attract the enemy to create an altar would be great. This would allow you to arrange the altars exactly as you want, аnd not as it now in game.

"Again, uneven terrain." - and it's really worth fixing.

Edited by -EPECb-
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

Vomvalists hard to catch with what is already there in 2nd skill, and you propose... If Garuda would attract the enemy to create an altar would be great. This would allow you to arrange the altars exactly as you want, аnd not as it now in game.

That's actually much better. Masochist in me is a little sad cause it's easier but yes, that definitely fits very well with her motif minus the uneven terrain problem.

• Like 1

"If Garuda would attract the enemy to create an altar would be great." - I still think that DE will not make such changes because it will be too easy to play for Garuda. Hid in a corner, made a shield, pulled the enemy to create the altar... too easy.

And what if Garuda at a distance will create an altar without approaching in a swoop to the victim just sending her claws to the enemy? It might work. She has already proved this with her fourth skill.

Edited by -EPECb-
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, -EPECb- said:

And what if Garuda at a distance will create an altar without approaching in a swoop to the victim just sending her claws to the enemy? It might work. She has already proved this with her fourth skill.

That's how I imagined it but it might be too OP if she can cast it on an enemy from the other side of the room. I can settle for enemies within melee striking range. Blood altar will still need you to aim at the enemy though like Mag's magnetize ability but only at a close quarters. If dread mirror is more reliable, distance or aiming blood altar at the enemy may not be an issue.

What if upon casting dread mirror, the camera zooms onto the target maintaining where your reticle is at which would make it easier to use in combination.

1 minute ago, -EPECb- said:

Mirror can kill the enemy, do not forget about it, not a good idea.

Oh yeah. Built in covert lethality. Forgot that. I guess Garuda should be able to cast her blood altar at a distance. It wouldn't be too OP.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheInternetGuy said:

Tweak #3

Make blood altar only castable on enemies within 2 meters of Garuda. We already have an ability that can close the distance. Her current blood altar feels redundant as you still require to lunge at an enemy to activate it. She won't have to lunge at an enemy, she just needs a poor sap to cast it on. Again, uneven terrain.

No way

• Like 2
On 2019-07-25 at 9:36 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

A QoL change should not be to nerf the frame. That 3rd ideas got to go.

I don't intend this to be a nerf. Just to eliminate duplicates. I was just reminded that Garuda had build in covert lethality so closing the distance then casting blood altar would be bad. However, being able to cast blood altar from a distance would be great. You'd cast blood altar and then use dread mirror on the poor sap you casted blood altar on. You still need to close the distance since your blood altar's healing radius is out of range.

Mainly, I just want her abilities to be reliable. Blood altar is her best ability in terms of survivability cause infinite energy.

1 minute ago, TheInternetGuy said:

I don't intend this to be a nerf. Just to eliminate duplicates. I was just reminded that Garuda had build in covert lethality so closing the distance then casting blood altar would be bad. However, being able to cast blood altar from a distance would be great. You'd cast blood altar and then use dread mirror on the poor sap you casted blood altar on. You still need to close the distance since your blood altar's healing radius is out of range.

Mainly, I just want her abilities to be reliable. Blood altar is her best ability in terms of survivability cause infinite energy.

So you want us to spend extra energy to cast dread mirror to reach the blood altar to heal ourselves at the blood altar. Instead of closing the distance with blood altar itself. Just because you don’t intend it to be a nerf doesn’t automatically make it not a nerf.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So you want us to spend extra energy to cast dread mirror to reach the blood altar to heal ourselves at the blood altar. Instead of closing the distance with blood altar itself. Just because you don’t intend it to be a nerf doesn’t automatically make it not a nerf.

I mean the 3 button exists.

I actually like Garuda's "Lunging" to create the blood altar. It's very sexy, very spicy, and time/movement efficient. 

But i like your other first two suggestions. 

Edited by Maka.Bones
59 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I actually like Garuda's "Lunging" to create the blood altar. It's very sexy, very spicy, and time/movement efficient. 

But i like your other first two suggestions. 

As long as her 1st and 2nd ability are reliable, I'm fine with it. Can't be a calculated killer if those abilities only work half the time.