Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

I'm glad these augments are getting attention - can't wait to play around with all of the augment changes in the game!

On 2019-07-25 at 1:41 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

Just throwing this out there, but furious javelin would need some really substantial buffs to duration/damage values to make it a strong contender for the mod space. Even with an efficiency-heavy build, it's a pretty costly ability with a comparably long cast, so chances are really good that in most group play situations you'll only tag 3-4 enemies instead of getting a big ol' 12 enemy damage buff.

My suggestion: has anyone considered just outright switching the effects of Furious Javelin and Surging Dash? Making it so that RJ increases the combo counter per enemy hit, and Slash Dash increases melee damage per enemy targeted? RJ would see some benefit from getting sporadic casts to keep up the player's combo counter in areas where the distance may be difficult to cover, and Slash dash is pretty good as a gap-closer for melee focused play, so having a melee damage buff (even from targeting one or two enemies) would be a huge benefit there.

On 2019-07-25 at 11:11 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

This is a band aid because the current melee rework phase breaks exalted weapons and you know it.

Greatly disappointed with this direction , would have preferred if you addressed the core issue instead of doing this

this just shows you have given up on trying to fix the issues made with the rework. seeing this as the very first augment change really really made me sad.

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

what? wasn't this already part of the ability? guess you are nerfing base ability- augment change itself makes no sense otherwise.

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

• Increase damage and status chance when triggered

welcome additions , but not enough to make me use the augments , if there was a dedicated slot for the augments though ... i may consider it.

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

The unreliability of the UI and environment that the base ability depends on makes the sharing of this ability with allies equally unreliable.

would rather have the option to freely (or with energy cost) switch between shadow and light buffs .

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Absolutely pointless and i don't see a reason for it. Rhino has a much better CC ability via his stomp.

Puncture procs are currently not useful for low levels and don't matter at high levels. better option would have been to add a status removal on allies or terrify effect on enemies or means to extend duration via kills.

the recast is nice , but unnecessary - adding it to base ability would be a QoL change.

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

• No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
  • Increase damage conversion %

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

as per my earlier statement , welcome additions , but still not enough to make me use the augments due to space constraints,

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Interesting , the self buff is what these augments really lacked , and having to aim at a player that is on the move is rarely ever successful , usually wasting energy in the process.

Could be useful for support oriented players - i wont be using it though cause, you guessed it , no space on my builds, and i would play an actual support frame if i wanted to support.

What i really wanted to see here was augments for the most versatile frame we have Equinox,

Equinox has some excellent augments that can make you play differently but they are so limiting  - her duality is low on time , her energy transfer is something that should have been innate, her calm and frenzy locks you into a form for a very (relative) long time to be useful, calm and frenzy is solid no complaints for that mod, but you are forced to mod for a very specific build and not switch at all - the whole purpose of having a frame with two forms is destroyed.

Suggestion:

Merge duality and Energy transfer into a single metamorphosis augment - cause clearly there is no intent to make it innate.

Switching forms splits you and the clone retains the earlier values of her form (including her 3 and 4), it would synergise with peaceful provocation as well.

keep switching aback and forth (before duality effect expires) to ensure the abilities stay at their peak.

Clone dying / expiring would reset the abilities (mend and maim would function similar to how it does when you are downed).

And a duration buff would be nice too (her base ability buffs of armor , shield , speed and damage just lack any significant impact and last too short a duration to even be noticed).

But i am glad that this workshop is open so players can give some directed feedback, also just the effects description and no values makes it hard to judge some of these augments.

Yeesh,

if the augments that are listed here are the only ones being looked at, I must say I'm kind of disappointed :o 

Feels like a missed opportunity to integrate some augments -especially some of the older ones-  into their base ability (either removing the augment or changing it in the process)

Examples would be: Seeking shuriken, hushed invisibility, ice wave impedance... The list goes on...

Some changes proposed here aren't particularly exciting either (rising storm: clones already add to counter without the augment? the augment already increases combo duration?)

The planned changes to piercing roar and muzzle flash however, do seem quite nice :D

I'll be honest, I've been trying so hard to make this work, could we maybe see something else to buff Zephyr's damage output after holding her 1?

It's HARD to make this work in closed corridors, considering half the time you end up just pinned to the wall for a year after pressing 1

Le 25/07/2019 à 19:41, [DE]Bear a dit :

I use this augment and lot and wow, allow it to proc with DoT is an insane buff.

Also, instead of simply buff damages and range, would it possible to lower the base value but make it scale with mods or maybe consider the damages value and type from the hit that triggered the cloud ? Because right now, it perform too good at low level, while being almost useless damage wise at higher level. Sure it scale with power strength, but make it scale with damage you deal would balance it at both low and high level.
Alternatively, allow it to proc the status from damage type that trigger the cloud would give it more utility use without increasing the damage if it can proc heat, blast, electricty or any other CC effect.

@[DE]Bear

I know it's been mentioned already but Enveloping Cloud seriously needs a revisit. It's arguably one of the worst augments in the game due to the fact that attacking negates it.

On a side note: I've noticed people saying that the augments should be built into the abilities themselves. While I can't really agree with that completely, as there are sometimes mechanics from the augments I don't always want to use with certain abilities, there is another way to fix this issue.

Simply add an additional slot on frames for augments only. An "augment slot"

Basically like an exilus slot but for augments. And just like exilus mods already work, you can still install an augment in the regular mod slots like an exilus mod.

This way if you're playing a frame like Rhino where two augments is common for an iron skin build you still have to take up one "traditional" mod slot (calling it T slot) but can also use the proposed augment slot. Then Rhino's who use this build only have to use one T slot rather than 2 T slots just for augments.

This would also allow plenty of current builds that tend to use just 1 augment to use 2, making current builds a little more interesting. In fact, builds that don't use any augments might be more inclined to use any one augment! On top of that, frames that might not be so firendly to Umbra builds (such as Loki, Limbo, and more) have an alternative "augment(s)" build they can use. And due to mod capacity it won't make frames already friendly to umbral builds more OP (with the possible exception of Umbra Excal due to him having 3 Umbra polarities).

It would also be nice if this "augment slot" comes polarized to augments already since they all have the same polarity

11 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I'll be honest, I've been trying so hard to make this work, could we maybe see something else to buff Zephyr's damage output after holding her 1?

It's HARD to make this work in closed corridors, considering half the time you end up just pinned to the wall for a year after pressing 1

hold 1 while close to enemies

float and get the buff

press 1 while aiming at the ground

kamikaze!

it's really simple in close quarters, i always use this augment with the hold part of the ability because it's more controllable 

17 hours ago, Xydeth said:

executes a swipe with her claws on the pounced target with a guaranteed slash procc, which uses her claws modded stats for calculation and an additional procc chance based on the claws status chance. also allow it to be cast just on surfaces: ground -> just a leap to get around faster. on a wall -> jumps to that point on a wall and instantly latches for ~1 second onto the wall unless another command is given. consecutive "targetless" pounces increase the next pounce's damage by ~25%, stacks 3 times. 

yea...let's try to fit all that in the augment card...

14 hours ago, AntiMomentum said:

@[DE]Bear

On a side note: I've noticed people saying that the augments should be built into the abilities themselves. While I can't really agree with that completely, as there are sometimes mechanics from the augments I don't always want to use with certain abilities, there is another way to fix this issue.

Simply add an additional slot on frames for augments only. An "augment slot"

Basically like an exilus slot but for augments. And just like exilus mods already work, you can still install an augment in the regular mod slots like an exilus mod.

This way if you're playing a frame like Rhino where two augments is common for an iron skin build you still have to take up one "traditional" mod slot (calling it T slot) but can also use the proposed augment slot. Then Rhino's who use this build only have to use one T slot rather than 2 T slots just for augments.

This would also allow plenty of current builds that tend to use just 1 augment to use 2, making current builds a little more interesting. In fact, builds that don't use any augments might be more inclined to use any one augment! On top of that, frames that might not be so firendly to Umbra builds (such as Loki, Limbo, and more) have an alternative "augment(s)" build they can use. And due to mod capacity it won't make frames already friendly to umbral builds more OP (with the possible exception of Umbra Excal due to him having 3 Umbra polarities).

It would also be nice if this "augment slot" comes polarized to augments already since they all have the same polarity

Came here to post this.  Could be done one of two ways: 

1. Add another slot (or slots) that act like the Exilus slot.  
  2. Turn Augments from "mods" into "arcanes" and give each skill its own "aug-cane" slot.  

The argument in favor of this is one of opportunity cost.  There are only so many mod slots, and there are so many great mods out there.  Giving augments their own slot means players can choose whether to use the augments (having more choice in how their abilities play) and DE can spend more creative energy developing new augments instead of having to buff the existing ones.  

DE already did this with the augments for Zaws and Kitguns by calling them "exodia" and "pax" and giving those weapons arcane slots.  (They should go back and do this for all the weapons that have augments).  

On 2019-07-25 at 10:41 AM, [DE]Bear said:

would be nice if it added SOMETHING more to the ability, such as more status procs (maybe all three IPS procs) in addition to what it already does......MAYBE then i would actually use the augment and not just let it sit in rep store. As it stands, the ability STILL is useless in anything over level 15.

I'm speechless.

For such a long list of changes, I've never been so disappointed by DE. I saw the title and got my hopes up. Man did i get bummered when actually reading it...

So, let me tackle this:

On 2019-07-25 at 7:41 PM, [DE]Bear said:

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

Bandaid to the max. The augment is still gonna remain bad, and still overlaps with the function of Ripline. REWORK IT (and Hysteria's horrendous mechanics, for that matter).

So... you're gonna nerf the base ability? Cuz the first part is part of the base ability already. Regardless of how you're changing things, it's still a terrible augment to a rather bad and overly clunky ability.

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Can't really comment on this, cuz I don't know if you mean you are lessening the speed-penalty, or downright making it faster. Still, bad augment for a bad ability that needs a lot of baseline changes.

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Still an augment that removes versatility (since you can only lay down one carpet), and simply makes it another Reckoning. So... it's still bad on all levels.

Sigh... The base ability stinks AND so does the augment; He has enough damage already! If it gave Excal SURVIVABILITY, instead of more damage, it'd MAYBE be a useable augment. MAYBE.

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Still a horrendously weak augment that could EASILY be a baseline effect to an underwhelming ability.

Still baaaaaaaad (it's just a lame QoL-augment, basicly). Unless the power range bonus is absolutely massive, I guess?

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

Finally something that seems to add something potentially worthwhile. MAYBE.

• Increase damage and status chance when triggered

This is getting tiring. The base ability stinks quite badly, and the augment basicly just adds QoL... bake it into the base ability already and make something interesting with the augment (you know, like most of the augments above also need?)

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Ok, this would maybe make it into a useable augment (do note; the range would need to be massive). Still, very niched and utterly useless when solo, still.

• Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

So... ANOTHER QoL augment for Rhino? This is just getting laughable... Because, you know, the puncture proc basicly does nothing, and the stagger is not worth it when you have Stomp for a miniscule more amount of energy to cause a much better CC... This augment needs a total rework.

Dunno, I feel it would still be useless. It's not like Saryn needs more damage anyway (make it a survivability augment, and then we'll talk).

It's a shame, because the conversion thingy is very powerful if used correctly ... but I loathe the augment for also allowing allies to pick up the shields. Still, I guess these are fixes that can't hurt *shrugs*

Aaaaand another useless augment trying to be kept alive. REWORK IT! It's useless. Tail Wind is a mobility tool, not a damage tool (and it never will be, unless you make it scale with melee mods or something - low flat damage such as that of Tail Wind is absolutely laughable in this game, if you haven't noticed that yet >_>)

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Oh wow, FINALLY something good (potentially, unless you cripple the range, as usual)! I would applaud it, if it weren't for the fact that basicly the rest of the above "improvements" just make me feel like I wanna laugh and cry at the same time...

Um... They already add to combo per attack. How about giving the augment Combo per Bleed tick.

This better not be a nerf in disguise. There's no reason to mess with this augment.

Saryn - Venom Dose

This is easy. Revert it back to +%Toxic damage so it's useful against all factions again. You guys ruined an otherwise good team buff.

Please check out my Mag / Volt / Excal Jav post for a good synergy and augment improvement to all three frames, esp Mag / Excal.

Spoiler

• Make this apart of the base ability itself, AND DO THE SAME WITH IRON SHRAPNEL
  • People wont use it for the"augment" they USE it to get base game funtionality that get ripped out and put on the dang augments. STOP DOING THAT

On 2019-07-25 at 7:41 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Bladestorm already increase the combo counter and the combo duration is useless since we have drifting contact, body counter and naramon. If u really want to buff him just speed up the clones animation by 85% so that we won't be forced to use primed fury and gladiator vice if we want to use bladestorm Ash. Maybe rework his 1 instead and give him 2 or 4 more shurikens so that he can strip armour to more enemies.

18 hours ago, Rempit said:

Ember needs a way to activate her passive!
Include in her augments the ability to inflict self heat proc. 

@[DE]Bear Suggestion to improve the augment for Ember's 3rd skill "Fire Fright" to self proc heat inside the AOE with the heat proc lasting a few seconds after exit that scales with skill duration.
Something like a Wisp reservoir that will trigger Ember's passive. 

My thoughts on augments

This is something I don’t think should be an augment this should either be apart of her 4th ability or (which I favour) make it her 1st ability giving her a rework by getting rid of the current 1st ability she has. Also, the animation is the same as Ash`s teleport which shouldn`t be the case. You should make it look like she is actually pouncing on enemies.

It`s ok but I would rather them to have the ability to control the to follow or stay and it they stay in one place, they turn into rock torrents which makes them good for def, int and md missions. (I however would rather this ability just to be added to his 4th ability.

A better idea would be that enemies effected would be susceptible to status effects by increasing weapons/abilities status chance and damage.

Since his 3rd ability is not as good as it once was, this should be a part of his 3rd ability and not an aug.

The 3rd ability does this better so this is not an improvement.

I have no issue with this.

Not really sure what you mean by this. If you mean a killed enemy blinds enemy around it then this is good.

Its ok but the ability itself is still not good. Without the augment enemies should be hermitized to walk towards the glowing traps also, this is only effective if enemies actually walk into them trap based abilities are only good for infested enemies not enemies with guns that’s why Vauban is not in a good place right now.

If the range is past 15m then this is good.

Very good improvement.

It would be better if clouds appear when enemies take damage but again trap-based abilities are only good against infested not enemies with guns.

Its ok but I would prefer it that when the duration runs out the damage absorbed will shoot out in a cone damaging enemies whether you or allies have picked it up or not.

This is better but this would be even better if you had the ability to stop yourself from colliding into a wall.

If its like hildryn`s 2nd ability with a 20m radius then this is very good.

The biggest issue I have with one of the augments is

• If we had the old bs this would be ok but because of the marking mechanic it`s not.

• There are melee mods that do the same thing so I don`t see the point of using this.

• Me personally using melee to build up damage is not the best way if it was me, I would give Ash synergy with his 1st and 4th ability by enemies bleeding out by the 1st ability will build up damage, as long there are enemies alive bleeding out, the damage will keep increasing then give 7 seconds until the damage drains until it reaches 0.

Ultimately, I feel that augment should change the behaviour of the ability some good examples of this is mags 3rd ability aug and equinox`s 1st ability aug.

Archived