[DE]Bear

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

My thoughts on augments

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

This is something I don’t think should be an augment this should either be apart of her 4th ability or (which I favour) make it her 1st ability giving her a rework by getting rid of the current 1st ability she has. Also, the animation is the same as Ash`s teleport which shouldn`t be the case. You should make it look like she is actually pouncing on enemies.

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

It`s ok but I would rather them to have the ability to control the to follow or stay and it they stay in one place, they turn into rock torrents which makes them good for def, int and md missions. (I however would rather this ability just to be added to his 4th ability.

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

A better idea would be that enemies effected would be susceptible to status effects by increasing weapons/abilities status chance and damage.

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

Since his 3rd ability is not as good as it once was, this should be a part of his 3rd ability and not an aug.

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

The 3rd ability does this better so this is not an improvement.

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

I have no issue with this.

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

Not really sure what you mean by this. If you mean a killed enemy blinds enemy around it then this is good.

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

Its ok but the ability itself is still not good. Without the augment enemies should be hermitized to walk towards the glowing traps also, this is only effective if enemies actually walk into them trap based abilities are only good for infested enemies not enemies with guns that’s why Vauban is not in a good place right now.

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

If the range is past 15m then this is good.

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

Very good improvement.

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

It would be better if clouds appear when enemies take damage but again trap-based abilities are only good against infested not enemies with guns.

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

Its ok but I would prefer it that when the duration runs out the damage absorbed will shoot out in a cone damaging enemies whether you or allies have picked it up or not.

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

This is better but this would be even better if you had the ability to stop yourself from colliding into a wall.

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

If its like hildryn`s 2nd ability with a 20m radius then this is very good.

The biggest issue I have with one of the augments is

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• If we had the old bs this would be ok but because of the marking mechanic it`s not.

• There are melee mods that do the same thing so I don`t see the point of using this.

• Me personally using melee to build up damage is not the best way if it was me, I would give Ash synergy with his 1st and 4th ability by enemies bleeding out by the 1st ability will build up damage, as long there are enemies alive bleeding out, the damage will keep increasing then give 7 seconds until the damage drains until it reaches 0.

Ultimately, I feel that augment should change the behaviour of the ability some good examples of this is mags 3rd ability aug and equinox`s 1st ability aug.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Make this apart of the base ability itself, AND DO THE SAME WITH IRON SHRAPNEL
  • People wont use it for the"augment" they USE it to get base game funtionality that get ripped out and put on the dang augments. STOP DOING THAT

Hi, my name is Nova. Welcome to Augment Bandaids Anonymous. Our two founding members Rhino and myself would like help make your transition into lazy coding a peaceful and stress free one. Please feel free to let all you concerns be made aware at out official website: https://screamintothevoid.com/

• Haha 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

il y a 20 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

Hi, my name is Nova. Welcome to Augment Bandaids Anonymous. Our two founding members Rhino and myself would like help make your transition into lazy coding a peaceful and stress free one. Please feel free to let all you concerns be made aware at out official website: https://screamintothevoid.com/

I thought the site was a joke, it's actually real 😧 I'll use that a lot i bet hahahaha

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On the topic of mods, and this is fairly important in my opinion, is we continually get more and more mods as time progresses but we still have such a limited number of mod slots. This applies to all; warframes, weapons, companions, etc. There have been a few changes, i.e.; abilities are no longer mods, we received the exilus slot and mod category, etc, but the exilus slot is very limited in itself to utility mods only while weapons and companions don’t even have any similar like exilus slot. 

It’s got to the point where builds can tend to be extremely limited when there are so many options but out of the hundreds of warframe mods, we can use a mere eight of them not counting the aura mod or the exilus mod since not everyone has exilus adapters and the crafting cost doesn’t seem to make much sense given the cost of a forma and the near necessity of the exilus slot due to the above stated issue of too many mods/choices, not enough slots. 

Maybe I'm just being too picky, I don’t know, and I’m doing just fine with the mod system as it is but I do believe this is becoming more of an issue with each release of new mods and if I am just being picky or asking too much right now, it will be an issue someday and will need to be addressed. 

Thank you for your attention. 

*edit: I forgot to suggest the addition and a slot similar to the exilus slot but for augments only at the least if we can’t get another “any” mod slot or two. That would help a little and a little is better than nothing. 

Edited by (PS4)nerex33
Forgot to mention augment slot

On 2019-07-25 at 1:41 PM, [DE]Bear said:

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

This is how you make an augment. You provide an isolated additional benefit to the ability to make up for the lack of the mod slot.

While the changes to Atlases Titanic tumbler are welcome improvements, He would benefit the most from it removing rumblers timed duration and making it a last-till-kill ally.

Currently Atlases ability to heal his rumblers is made irrelevant due to it being extremely unlikely for them to be killed (except in the case of extreme duration low power builds)

Removing the timed duration with this aug  would offer him new and dynamic gameplay of a sustainable aggro tank ally rather than just an expensive AOE petrify.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-07-25 at 2:09 PM, PerishedFraud said:

The number one issue with augments is simply finding room for them.

As it stands, you cannot really afford to augment any but the strongest abilities without seriously impeding your build. Ember is rolling in her grave.

Kindly consider an augment slot. Not given to us for free or anything. if it were an unlockable much like the aura forma or umbra forma, it would be optimal.

A thanks in case this is ever actually considered.

I looooooove this idea!!! Yes, a stand alone unlockable slot specifically designated for augment mods.

#MUCHLOVEINDEED

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Hysterical Assault

• A knock back blast when landing on an enemy within 15 meters

Rising Storm

• Melee 3.0 could be detrimental to this augment. I would just give a 10% energy cost reduction per cast for a total of 40%.
  • Random electrical damage around clones like a storm

Titanic Rumbler(s)

• Easy add 2 more Rumblers at that have 50% health of the original two
  • A sound of effect maybe? (lets get ready to rrrruuuummmmbbblleee)

Hallowed Eruption

• Random explosive damage occurs on hallowed ground knocking enemy's to their knees
  • A slight graphical upgrade maybe? (Add a spewing pollinating flower for visual effect)

Furious Javelin

• Turns it into a throwable spear and explodes on impact
  • Think Zeus!!

Tidal Impunity

• Sucks enemies toward player and pushes them away with a tidal explosion
  • Think Poseidon!!

Magnetized Discharge

• (see Warframe Cinematic Trailer)

Muzzle Flash

• Blinds enemies in a 180 degree angle effected by range mods
  • Sets a few enemies on fire

Explosive Legerdemain

• Explodes twice

Total Eclipse

• Allies that touch it gets a buff that last the remaining duration.

Piercing Roar

• Increase base range for roar by ten meters
  • Show icons over roared victims

Contagion Cloud

• Spreads to other enemies with a 75% decrease to duration
  • Triple range

Transistor Shield

• Converts damage from volt shield to warframe overshield
  • Visual change shield to look like a Roman phalanx shield

Target Fixation

• Rename Winds Embrace
  • Tailwind gives an 25% armor increase to zephyr based on duration
  • Tailwind heals 5 health per second for a total of 25 health
  • Tailwind leaves a rainbow behind it when using it

Fireball Frenzy

• Charging it causes fireballs to continuously fire balls out a 50% decrease to energy cost

Freeze Force

• Freezes enemies to the ground in a small AOE dependent on range mods

Smite Infusion

• A radioactive cloak surrounds the player with an aoe radiation procs dependent on range mods

Venom Dose

• Spores grow on your allies and spread to enemies
  • Spores popped on allies regenerate their health

Shock Trooper

• Creates two volt shock beasts to shock enemies
  • Gives allies shock armor (think Vauban with shock grenades)

Just random thoughts to kill some time.

• Haha 1

On 2019-07-25 at 2:08 PM, Brawlatron said:

Awesome.... but can this apply to Volt himself too? With Gauss literally being the Speed Frame, a little effort to accentuate Volt's other abilities would be appreciated.

Better yet, just make it so he doesn't have an energy drain at all when shield is equiped, and have that be apart of the ability itself

• Like 1

Seems like even with the changes most of these augments will simply find no use in builds. Theres a reason lots of these are underused and thats not simply because they lack a little damage, or duration.. Lots of the ones listed just dont add to the skills enough to make those skills different from the non augmented skill. Simply adding finisher damage or combo counter or a small blind or a little more damage doesn't really help make those skills different from the usual, so you may as well just drop in another warframe mod  instead. Itd do more for ALL your skills

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-07-25 at 2:21 PM, daExile said:

And here was I, hoping that this garbage feature of Hysteria allowing to pull the gun out and basically lose hysteria (but still spend mana on it, awesome!) was just an overlooked newmeleeupdateyay outcome to be fixed whenever you guys decide to take a look at its problems.

Guess I'll never glide without losing invul and getting rekt asap again.

Opt out of hysteria allowing guns please.

or better yet either allow a melee attacks to switch you back into exalted mode rather then use equipped melee or prevent switching to other weapons altogether while using exalted weapons like it used to be

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Fantastic change, I had suggested something similar in a forum post. I am glad to see them being reworked in a useful and cooperative way. 

It should be noted that some Augments are tied to abilities that see very little use (such as Pool of Life), however, these will be looked at later on when those same abilities are considered for a rework.

Best news I've heard all day - acknowledging abilities that are used infrequently and reworking them has my hopes up.

Posted (edited)

like the look of these changes. would like to see a fix/change to ash's seeking shuriken augment. After a shuriken hits anything any following hits dont receive the augment, an example being the shurikens hitting a wall then an enemy and the enemy doesnt lose any armor.

Edited by 0nyxBlade
typo

17 hours ago, Mechsage said:

or better yet either allow a melee attacks to switch you back into exalted mode rather then use equipped melee or prevent switching to other weapons altogether while using exalted weapons like it used to be

It already does switch you back into exalted mode on melee attack, but the whole point is to prevent switching FROM it while Hysteria is on.

since we have and augment that already works as a more reliable form of disarm in polarize, something fun and actually adding some more synergy to mag might be to have this augment do something like,

when the target of magnetize is killed, it is crushed generating a magnetic field in an area around it, all enemies effected by pull around the bubble are pulled inside of it instead of being pulled towards mag.

So what this would pretty much do is work almost like nidus's 2 but basicly you cast your magnetize the target dies, the bubble becomes empowered and when enemies around the bubble are effected by pull but not in the bubble within x range, they are instead slammed into the bubble.

• Upvote 1

On 2019-07-28 at 6:36 PM, .OwOkin. said:

imagine rhino staggering entier enemies in the room with roar

Imagine using Rhino's Stomp 😱😱

• Satisfied 2

On 2019-07-29 at 11:06 PM, (XB1)A Wasted Muffin said:
  • Melee 3.0 could be detrimental to this augment. I would just give a 10% energy cost reduction per cast for a total of 40%.
  • Random electrical damage around clones like a storm

Just... Don't please. This os a trash abillity and energy cost reduction and cc is not what we need

• Like 1

On 2019-07-28 at 6:33 PM, Xzorn said:

Um... They already add to combo per attack. How about giving the augment Combo per Bleed tick.

Relentless combination exists and It doesn't work with bladestorm so they would makes another mod that does that just for Ash? Not great, Just make relentless combination work with bladestorm and give him a better augment also would be great to have a cone instead of pinpoint marking trash mechanic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AaronGamer11 said:

Relentless combination exists and It doesn't work with bladestorm so they would makes another mod that does that just for Ash? Not great, Just make relentless combination work with bladestorm and give him a better augment also would be great to have a cone instead of pinpoint marking trash mechanic.

You have to use two weapon slots for Drifting Contact and Relentless Combination. In this case you could instead use one frame slot. Two weapon slots for one frame slot is a fair trade and allows a non-melee setup Ash to build combo better for Blade Storm. It's a lot better than what's being proposed which is useless.

Far as just make Relentless Combination working with Blade Storm. Consistency argues no, otherwise you open the door for other melee mods and conditions like CO, Blood Rush, Stealth Multipliers, ect. Least if it's a Blade Storm specific augment consistency allows for it to function this way.

Edited by Xzorn

I have a suggestion that would make Mag's greedy pull actually useful;

Pull moves enemies directly in front of mag, within melee range.

This would create strong melee synergies and make the ability a lot more controllable/useful than the current ragdoll button that makes enemies fly everywhere! The energy orb chamce could still stay but there are so many better options that it's currently a waste of a mod slot.

En 25/7/2019 a las 19:41, [DE]Bear dijo:

Swazdo-lah, offworlder!

As we re-look at systems within the game, there is one aspect that we haven’t touched in a while, and those are the Augments. As new Augments and new gameplay systems make their way into the game, the older Augments need some attention, and so the team has been assessing what we have and how they can possibly change.

It should be noted that some Augments are tied to abilities that see very little use (such as Pool of Life), however, these will be looked at later on when those same abilities are considered for a rework. For now, this Workshop only covers Augments that we felt we could improve fairly without major overhauls of the base ability as well. They are 'Augments', after all! 

This Dev Workshop is to go over the various Augments we are looking at and our considered changes to each one. So, without further ado, let's take a look at what is under the microscope! Keep in mind, all changes here are impacted by other Mods, this is just the proposed changes to the Augment’s themselves! 

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

• Increase damage and status chance when triggered

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

• No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
  • Increase damage conversion %

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Please be aware that during this process, tweaks and changes will be made to these alterations provided. We are always open to your feedback, so if you have any thoughts on the proposed changes above, we would love to hear your comments in this forum thread! Please make sure to keep your feedback constructive and concise, so we can better compile your thoughts!

Don't you think there are a lot more of others augments that should also be changed, for example mags "Counter Pulse" I think only 4 secs its a scam 

On 2019-07-30 at 8:34 AM, LuckyCharm said:

Seems like even with the changes most of these augments will simply find no use in builds. Theres a reason lots of these are underused and thats not simply because they lack a little damage, or duration.. Lots of the ones listed just dont add to the skills enough to make those skills different from the non augmented skill. Simply adding finisher damage or combo counter or a small blind or a little more damage doesn't really help make those skills different from the usual, so you may as well just drop in another warframe mod  instead. Itd do more for ALL your skills

I'll use them. I don't know about others, but my favorite things is taking something and seeing how I can make the most of it.

I hope there are enough others out there that feel the same to make the improvements justified.

3 hours ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

I'll use them. I don't know about others, but my favorite things is taking something and seeing how I can make the most of it.

I hope there are enough others out there that feel the same to make the improvements justified.

Mine is my time bearing fruit based on my investment. If I have put effort into making my gear killy or defensive, I want it to represent that for the range of its effective level. I honestly don't always feel that it turns out that way.

Posted (edited)

A few thoughts

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage would like the augment to allow the player to choose between the defensive or offensive buff.  The light/darkness trigger for eclipse is too situational, augment allowing switching between the eclipse buffs would address this. 

It's not on the table but would like the Enveloping cloud augment from wukong to allow cloud walker to function as a toggle rather than a duration ability.  Enveloping cloud giving stealth to allies, not wukong and only lasting a few seconds making it highly situational.  The continual need for recasting of cloud walker when using it to travel is kind of annoying.  The zenurik energy regen is sufficient to allow continual recasting so it isn't really being balanced by power consumption anyway.  The augment giving wukong stealth for a duration might be a good alternative..

I think ember, atlas, zephyr and maybe hydroid are in need of reworks.  Tweaking augments is not going to address some fundamental problems.  Zephyr is being looked at for a rework apparently, would like an augment to control zephyr's first ability and manoeuvre rather than being launched like a bullet.

Edited by Fairwing