Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

A fair point I dont usually min/max and I did not consider stacking buffs as I belive it to be somewhat expensive considering the amount of mod slots available.

Altho I still feel like having more than one augment with similar effect within the same frame is less intressting overall.

Really? So after 15+ pages of feedback, there is no changes after launch, This is the reason why the nyx & titania re-visits are not a big deal. I could be wrong if anyone know some changes different from the changes here, let me know but one thing I know for sure, I won`t be adding these augments to my builds. Plus ppl are asking for augs to be put in ex slots I don`t see why this is not done oh but then again, we didn`t get the uni vac that we want nether. smdh kmt

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Neat! Not sure I'd use it personally if it still makes only 1 rumbler, due to the loss of 1 rumbler equating to 25 less rubble generated off spamming 4, but more consistency may make it useful! Anything coming for his other 3 augments, though?

Ore gaze being literally the worst loot augment, and it being effectively replaced, and automated, even being worse than what replaces it, due to things you can't scan with it, by a helios; Maybe make the augment halve its energy cost but now has the ability cost some rubble? Even fits the name!

Tectonic Fracture is honestly ok as a concept, but the ability its for is just too lackluster. It would be cool to see the functionality at base- 1 wall doesn't do enough with Atlas's kit or in general, and devoting a slot to making the ability worth anything feelsbadman. Imagine having to devote a slot on frost to be able to stack his bubbles. So, maybe keep with the name, and the augment lets you punch your walls, shattering them in a cone of rubble for I/P/S damage? Petrified walls could then deal more damage when fired!

Path of Statues isn't too bad either, now that it correctly scales off duration; but when you compare it to other augments for abilities of a similar vein (Khora compared to atlas, both have a melee damage scaling powerful first ability, but where Atlas has more base damage, Khora has actual status and crit chance, and a MUCH better first augment, along with more over-all synergy), it comes up short. Having your rubble increase the landslide damage could be an option here! 

These ability augment ideas wouldn't be MANDATORY, but would provide him with some niche fixes to common complaints with his kit

I feel Hysterical Assault would work better if you ust made it overwrite the charge attack and perhaps made it like tidal wave where it hits people in front of her. but not a bad change. The rest all seem pretty good from what i see I'm unsure about Contagion cloud only activating on death by the tics but will have to see.

Disappointed to see that issues with augments such as Rhino's (among others, but I'll focus on that) weren't addressed. Recastability should be innate on buffs like Roar.

Don't punish us because someone in a game that's all about quickly moving about the field jumped out of our range just as we were about to Roar. Don't punish us because in a game that's all about quickly moving about the field, we accidentally moved out of range of a Rhino who was about to Roar. Let Rhino recast without sacrificing yet another precious mod slot.

Rhinos already often run with multiple augments to make Iron Skin better. Where are Rhinos supposed to slot all of these augments that make his skills actually work?

I get why you don't want to add an augment slot, but in that case some of these older frames and their abilities and augments really need to be looked at.

Can Ember's augments (i.e. Fireball Frenzy and Flash Accelerant) be made to also buff HER abilities as well? I mean the frame is in a very sorry state right now and she needs all the help she can get quite frankly.

Now when we see the changes with numbers and all, I'll give my new feedback:

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

I think Hysteria needs some serious revamping in general, both as a weapon as a mechanic.
As a weapon, it's fighting needs to be more fluent and steerable. I have a feeling this might be looked at in Melee 3.0 (considering Wukong's melee rework success)

As a mechanic, it just doesn't feel... Berserkery enough. And it doesn't synergize particularly well with the rest of her kit. I'd make it no longer drain energy, nor grant invincibility. Instead, I'd let it drain health (to make it safer to use her other skills and for that Berserkery vibe), and grant reasonable damage reduction.

As for the augment; I think it'd be better to look at Ripline so it becomes more fluent (for example, make it ONLY drag Valkyr to the spot, wether you hit the environment, an enemy or an ally), and make the Hysteria augment something ... well, better. Got no good ideas now though.

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

Seeing that it was just getting buffs to its existing functions (contrary to how it was written out), it actually became better than I thought. While I'd like some anti-clunk changes for Bladestorm, it's looking to have a decent augment at least.

Definitely an improvement. But I'd like 3 changes more (2 to base ability, 1 to augment)

1) Base ability - The Rumblers (augmented or not) no longer have a duration. They live until they die or detonated.

2) Base ability - When Rumblers are attacked (augmented or not), they drop Rubble. This has a cooldown (reduced cooldown with higher duration).

3) Augment - Holdcast to detonate the Rumbler.

Other than that, good numerical tweaks to this augment, no doubt!

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

What's the point of this augment? It's just a wannabe-Reckoning skill. Something that WOULD make it a situational pick, is something like this:

1) You no longer lay down any carpet, it's now a durationbased AURA following Oberon (with the Aura having the same effects as Hallowed Ground)

2) Duration bonus is still applied.

3) Recasting it ends the ability early (Or, if you don't want it to have a downside; Places the aura down as a carpet at your location, for the remaining duration).

This makes it an AUGMENT for real; It's way more flexible in terms of mobility (as you carry a "carpet" with you all the time, technically), and potentially cheaper to utilize (as you don't need to spam carpets all over the place for combination with Reckoning's armor removal / Renewal's armor synergy), but you lose out on some utility (you can't lay down multiple carpets - unless the 3rd point is also applied).

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

Honestly... it's still a garbage augment. Radial Blind (unagumented) already does this augment's effects, faster, safer and cheaper - along with more effects and bonuses to boot (stealth multiplier). Something that WOULD be useful, however, is a durability bonus! Make it grant X% damage reduction per enemy hit by RJ, and all of a sudden, the augment skyrocket's in usefulness.

The base ability needs some buffs too (like, benefitting from the melee combo counter and maybe even ADDING to the melee combo counter per target struck - now THAT would make it quite useful - Not to mention; Would synergize MUCH better with his kit, and his other augments too!)

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

Again - It's still a bad augment. Hydroid's kit is still way too unreliable and super-clunky - and rather effectless to boot. The augment isn't aweful, but it is still pretty useless in the grand scheme in of things. It could easily be part of the base ability without breaking anything. Needs a total rethink (as does a lot of his kit, imo).

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

I guess this is... ok? If only the ability to cancel the bubbles was baseline (then the augment is range and disarm), I'd be happier, personally.

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

It requires ally kills to trigger. But this is for Mesa, one of the most kill-hoggy Warframes in the game. That makes for some serious anti-team-synergy and is useless solo to boot. Make it trigger the flash after kills by ANYONE in the squad (heighten the kill-cap if needed to counterbalance), and it'd rectify both of those issues.

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

Opinion unchanged; This is how it should work with ammo from the getgo (proximity mines, instead of instant explosives) - and it shouldn't interact with any of the orbs (Energy/Health/Affinity) at all!. Imo it needs

1) Merge the augment with the base ability, and the augment to be more interesting overall.

2) Make the 4 types of ammo (Rifle, Pistol, Sniper, Shotgun) be what decides the 4 base elemental procs. Leave the various orbs unaffected!

3) Rethink the augment entirely (providing some kind of light + shadow source nearby?)

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

Still underwhelming (and useless solo). Imo, the reliance on the lighting of the environment is really hard to utilize in this game overall. How about the augment also (for Mirage alone?) gave X% of the OTHER side's effect TOO while active? So, if you have 100% of the light's max effect, you'd get 50% of the shadow's max effect at the same time?

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

Urgh. I can't NOT hate this augment. It's still useless. The only real benefit is the recastability (just like Iron Shrapnel), and that could EASILY be part of the base ability. This needs a complete rework, still.

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

Still extremely underwhelming. I'd love for it to do something entirely different, honestly (like, grant survivability to her - she can be on the rather squishy side of things. Plus she has enough DPS anyway.)

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

It was already a great augment (even if I personally hate that allies can mess up shield placement by picking them up). So... yeah. The BASE effect need two more changes though:

1) When Volt picks up one of his own shields, either make it pause the shield's duration (and make the energydrain reliant on TIME only, not on distance moved) -OR- remove the energydrain for moving with it (since it already has a duration to worry about)

2) Allow him to use Primaries with the shield...

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

Sorry, this is still bad. Yes, you CAN make it kill stuff eventually - but it forgoes SO much (weaponuseage, modding for weird stats) and it doesn't scale well enough to be worth it. I'd rather it was an allround damage buff (working for all her weapons and abilities), but a bit weaker, non-stackable, and with a long duration that only paused by being midair. THAT could be worthwhile, as she is a rather "gun-platformy" Warframe anyway.

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember

Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost

Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon

Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn

Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

These are all great (more so Oberon's and Saryn's though, due to their damage type), but it leaves some questions:

Ember can no longer charge fireballs (not that it was useful to begin with) and Fireball in general remains highly underwhelming. How about its lingering flames blocking enemies' attacks, so it has some defensive useage?

Volt's Shock (mildly so) and Frost's Freeze (moreso) are still rather underwhelming at their base. Some small buffs to them would be nice.

Sonic Fracture - Sonic Boom Augment - Banshee

Simple fix, can't disagreed with that. Honestly though, I feel Banshee could need some (baseline) QoL changes (like her first 3 skills being castable on the move), and a general look at her kit (Silence is... weird (would love it to be more of a sound and vision-isolating sphere following Banshee [Call it Ghost Shroud?]) and Soundquake doesn't fit her kit all that well, imo)

Secondly, I still feel all these "removes armor" augments are just showing that armor needs a general lookover.

Smoke Shadow - Smoke Screen Augment - Ash

Eh. Would rather that the augment placed a lingering smoke screen which allies could run through to get the invisibility buff from (and had some other effect which Ash himself could utilize too)

Piercing Navigator - Navigator Augment - Ivara 

*shrugs* I guess it's KINDA useful? More knowledgeable Ivara players likely have much better insight on wether this was a good buff or not.
EDIT: It does CLEARLY clash with her Artemis Bow augment though (which removes all Punch Through)

Can we get a buff to Ember’s Fire Quake augment? Ever since the nerf to her range with World on Fire it severely dampered her CC capability even with a max range build. I propose that enemies afflicted by WoF generate a small radial knockdown effect to other enemies around them so that it can emulate some of the range her CC used to have. Would be a nice addition to boost her CC with the augment other than spamming Accelerant as a means to CC.

On 2019-07-25 at 1:45 PM, Naneel said:

While it does sound nice, wouldn't this clash with her ability to charge her fireball via holding the key ?

Yes, the new Fireball Frenzy has broken Ember's Charged Fireball. No one noticed, because basically no one plays Ember, or charges her Fireball when they do play her.

On 2019-08-12 at 8:53 AM, Brasten said:

Yes, the new Fireball Frenzy has broken Ember's Charged Fireball. No one noticed, because basically no one plays Ember, or charges her Fireball when they do play her.

Hey, that's cute! As an Ember player who runs her predominantly melee, I have noticed the interactionbut see no qualms with it. Without the augment, Fireball is a cheap chokepoint CC. With the augment, she becomes a damage buffer. I don't tend to try and run those builds at the same time, so I don't really see an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-31 at 6:18 AM, daExile said:

It already does switch you back into exalted mode on melee attack, but the whole point is to prevent switching FROM it while Hysteria is on.

actually melee does NOT switch you back into exalted for any exalted melee warframe ability and that is the problem, its also why it happens WITH hysteria its just the most noticeable with Hysteria because to the self damage/loss of invincibly 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-25 at 2:03 PM, --Q--ualityContent said:

Very nice touches in general, maybe also make a few of the PVP exclusive augments also PVE compatible, as some of them are very unique and could potentially change the way some frames are played.

I agree the one atlas augment in pvp  allows the player to turn his tumblers into a huge amount of armor

• 1 month later...
On 2019-07-25 at 1:41 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Swazdo-lah, offworlder!

As we re-look at systems within the game, there is one aspect that we haven’t touched in a while, and those are the Augments. As new Augments and new gameplay systems make their way into the game, the older Augments need some attention, and so the team has been assessing what we have and how they can possibly change.

It should be noted that some Augments are tied to abilities that see very little use (such as Pool of Life), however, these will be looked at later on when those same abilities are considered for a rework. For now, this Workshop only covers Augments that we felt we could improve fairly without major overhauls of the base ability as well. They are 'Augments', after all! 

This Dev Workshop is to go over the various Augments we are looking at and our considered changes to each one. So, without further ado, let's take a look at what is under the microscope! Keep in mind, all changes here are impacted by other Mods, this is just the proposed changes to the Augment’s themselves! 

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

• Increase damage and status chance when triggered

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

• No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
  • Increase damage conversion %

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Please be aware that during this process, tweaks and changes will be made to these alterations provided. We are always open to your feedback, so if you have any thoughts on the proposed changes above, we would love to hear your comments in this forum thread! Please make sure to keep your feedback constructive and concise, so we can better compile your thoughts!

A lot of these Augments should just be dissolved into the frames existing base. bringing them up to date with the newer frames along with health and armor. Then...then add some Augment that actually Augment and shake things up

• 3 months later...

Nyx's absorb augment and Frost's globe augment .

Would be nice to have the ability to hold the ability for a couple seconds or something to convert it to a large co-op oriented team bubble. A Nully bubble for Nyx and a frosty eximus bubble for Frost. 

We need more open world with large scale battles happening as well.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be wise to add some more arcanes with warframe and operator unlockables or update the ones that we already have, even if u just go back to each planet and add a few with little benefits, and then lock up some under bossfights and lockers with weapons aughments for the preffered flamethrowers and rocketlaunchers with pickup bonuses or radioctive bullets, some modes and mods should have pickup functionality, not so that they are equiped and its over a barrier on the slots/reserves which are used for dealing damage, so overall its important that the mods have other features, and arcanes.

overall its dissapointing to level up focus, it takes a really long time and there are no great rewards because its skill and intellectual based on lenses and yellow spheres to pickup, so players without lenses and who grab the timers get no rewards or resources, so a few arcanes should envelop extreme bonuses and temporary boosters for weapons, melee, and for players who have nothing equiped, so that at least they end up shooting ice or explosive bullets for one round before reload.

the reload feature and empty features on guns and bow/arrow

the only aughment i ever did try was from cephalon suda for my hydroid tentacles and a few others when i had a playstation4 but now on PC am nearing suda's 5th level again, so i'll have access to those again, honestly they take a really long time to get, which makes players shy to try other warframes, abilities and features, so we need to make sure that the mods have new features or give bonuses to melee, operator, arcane  and random featuare / or triggers when the players use/equip those, say that they work like the melee stances, or that some weapons are also augmented/augh,mented secondaries from a warframe mod, sound changes, (sfx, visual), or temporary boost to weapons on ability cast / and transference could be interesting, since operators are so limited and many players are just using their 1ST AMP.

also consider the k-drive, arcata and syndicate specters - kitguns and zaws, and amp, weapon changes, and bonuses per arcane or deployment can be based on weather, hav a red-clem or special weapon if the players are using a special mod, reloading features and acrobatic bonus.

On 2019-08-08 at 1:57 PM, Sergent-Qc said:

A new augment mod slot would be great !   :clap:

yes, many and more features should be added to the warframes, this can be a new arsenal feature that is not hidden added to earth, relays, and orbiter, the dojos lack some features and shops - log-in bonuses should augment or give power to some schools of research and focus, while some pickups have their own niches and temporary boosters added to change gameplay without a modifications bench to make free-play, town and missions life intriguing.

the new feature can have a glowing feature and sounds which can be relaxing, i think am nearing the robotics side,  augment / mod screen, but one with grow, for example like how Destiny 2 has their ability and growth screen, Warframer needs some free augments and customization or more passives , 

LOYALTY -

this can mean that players who pvp, or use syndicates have their own bonuses and ephemeral based on their regalia, glyphs, and focus schools/ a madurai syndicate can earn special rewards types and gain some specters with low hp, 

TEMPORARY AUGMENTS = LOYALTY BONUS

• this means replaying bounties, trying other tilesets, helping players with bossfights, and trying PVP will ensure determine what types of enemies and bonuses the players encounter, loot recovered can be kept or exchanged for goods and carry over to new settlements.
  • Players winning at PVP can keep their conicals in PVE for a small time this earns them badges and points , exclusives, and recognition (secret wares, discounts, and special bounties.
  • :)

our warframes have ability screens and mods, but they don't have any special type of growth, we just gain strength tiers, and no customization, only the 3 or 4 augments that we can get are "official" and take up alot of space, with little regards to the players play style often they leave large gaps and aren't passive, or useful in all the situations, we all wish they had critical triggers, or kicked in randomly giving you the powers you need on zero, and while on empty, usually auromods have small perks, or arcanes, i personally use my operator a lot, so i can never benefit from anything other than using umbra excalibur, so equipping any augment causes me intense DPS phobias, since they all just have like 1 meriting enhancement with no further damage or growth.

• ideas for hydroid tentacles, mobility and pickups, MOBA gameplay, tileset weapons & ammo

you have seen the hydroid mod where the tentacles give extra loot but it has no extra damage or features built in, so its very distasteful to lose, a mod like that could feature various critical triggers, blast occasionally with other abilities recast or how when hydroid goes under and uses the other abilities,even 10+ per tileset / weather causes the animals and enemies to get poison, or freeze realistically changing the types of loot or damage, range, and giving hydroid and team mates / operatives defensive bonuses and guard when its least useful, i want the tentacles to throw computers and enemies, or cause other mayhem, or block against damage, maybe they can be vulnerable to damage, or  have the power of pickups which give them an overcoat and mobility to hide back under if hydroid does like a MOBA, 

First, have to say I really like what DE has done with the new Balefire Surge augment. I think it answers a need for those of us that like to play Hoverdryns and how to gain overshields.

I wanted to suggest some potential other augments. I hope you like them!

• Wreckless Haven - This causes Haven to automatically smash loot crates within it's range. Higher duration increases odds of additional loot up to 15% (suggested)!
  • Aegis Vortex - This augment causes Aegis Storm to not only lift enemies within range, but to draw them in helplessly under Hildryns feet. (This would be deceptively powerful for team support)
  • Pillage and Plunder - This mod causes Pillage to rip metallic objects from affected enemies, disarming them and tossing their weapons away from Hildryn (greater the duration, the farther they go!). It is so powerful it even rips the iron from their blood, causing them to drop health orbs.

One thing I absolutely love about Hildryn is her team support potential, and I wanted to suggest mods that enhanced this aspect of her skills, instead of raw damage boosting mods.

• terrible weapons could use planet/relay and bounty bonuses or special pickups per planet or enemy type, for instance "ballistica" automatically converst used ammo into slugs and secondary bullets, 0dormant and dominant weapons determinet-priority boost- enfeebled by work adn overheating, so if they are beieng used alot versus those that are dormant or unnused,  the only thing i see is that players will melee alot or end-up switching to another weapon if the first one is empty, maybe robotics can get stronger if the players are struggling, i only seen invisibility and cover, but no special effective actions on the dog and robots, but the new update should change some of these, the auto-pickup thing however can become more interesting, maybe players who are wielding a regular weapon or old warframe can find ephemeral qualities and bonus stats without equiping such cards or modules, especially if they are minning or just in their archwing, some throttle their wings, and others roll and tworl evasively, another player gets to duck down and scan, shoot, and jump, but nobody sitting still waiting for regeneration on a particular platform, without their robots giving away their positions, and mod cards on their chest, you know what i mean?
  • \lastly the VOX and other lichcards and murmur collecting is not fun for players who have completed the requirements or hey i just wanna help out another noob, so i find the XATA card and it has some shinywiring but i wanna use it on my operator, pistol, or sniper, not just the parazon, because it has no actual benefits or enhancements to add a reason to equip it,
  • the parazon mods and lichcardsshould contain various benefits.
  • such as the RUNE CARDS
  • they all talk about stars, and ar
  • if the player highlights them they should do a little spin or noises,
  • players then have access to merits and hidden bonuses when you stack them, or spin them, especially in differnt game areas,
  • OPTIONS
  • if you use the parazon with XATA equiped
  • or VOME then the player and operators or team-mates should gain some bonus HP, and SHIELDS, or something fancyer.
  • this way players will learn to use the parazon for more than just killing, and during combat, 
  • not just as finishers, but maybe to unlock points, new moves, and temporary boasters shining red and changing colors, these parazon cards are too rigid and have not many variations or purpose other than as a minigame, under a tough system to finish off some overstrung opponent, some hussar i gathered. that the cards should have other purposes and further guilding, and syntheses per deck, adaptation, or school, so that they can become part of the normal branches and systems for the syndicates and submissions if they can.
  • NEGATIVITY / PLAUSIBILITY
  • players cant get weapons if they keep the lich only get a choice, its not a good system, the cards should offer other merits to finish binding players to their parazon/lich and planet, maybe to awaken those cards and transform-them, level them up to unlock stuff for operators and or as the authenticating they can become something which is used in reloads, or transfer bonuses which augment and liven stock.
  •  

He may be controversial, but can we get an augment for Revenant's Enthrall? One that makes his thralls immune to friendly fire and kills them automatically when the timer expires would be awesome. Or limit the number that can be turned and make it so they're permanent thralls. As it is most of the thralls die when turned since teammates are trigger happy trolls and joyfully ignore the markers. Or to please people that complain about his theme turn enthrall into summoning Vomvalysts . 

4 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

He may be controversial, but can we get an augment for Revenant's Enthrall? One that makes his thralls immune to friendly fire and kills them automatically when the timer expires would be awesome. Or limit the number that can be turned and make it so they're permanent thralls. As it is most of the thralls die when turned since teammates are trigger happy trolls and joyfully ignore the markers. Or to please people that complain about his theme turn enthrall into summoning Vomvalysts . 

That shouldn't be an augment, it should be built in. Like the mind control augment for nyx should be along with a handful of other ones.

Curative Undertow:

Incredibly
hard to use on allies. No one stays still, and the ticks are only once every few seconds.

Two things I see necessary to be effective to both the intent and spirit of this augment.
1. Wet the allies feet... meaning, once they come in contact with the puddle, they take on a charge of healing over time.
2. Standing still on the puddle is of greater benefit, adding up to 3 or 4 of these ticks, in a, "row, row, row your boat," style healing swell.

Healing charges could be applied once on contact with Undertow, healing for ~15% health over ~6s.
Each ~1.5s another charge stacks on, up to 3-4x.. healing ~45-60% over 8-10s or so. (or 7.5% to 10% max health per second while on undertow, or during max charges.)
This is still a fairly underwhelming heal, but well within reason IF players stand still (which they don't, but it should still be balanced to that standard as it is now.)

This would also reduce the amount of downtime Hydroid players (like myself) would have to spend within Undertow in order to heal up, if we can gain a bit of health constantly, rather than only on tick. It's insanely difficult trying to heal people with this augment. I've been trying to actual years... even telling people, chasing them down, putting myself in their path.. nothing works. The only way to use Curative Undertow on others right now is to find them being stationary, puddle under them, and hope they don't move for 3 seconds. Not to mention, the heal is not exactly a powerful one, which is fine.. but activating the heal is intensely difficult.

...not to mention, Tidal Surge does nothing to catch up with allies who are bullet jumping, running, rolling, sliding, or even sauntering away.. and you'll likely consume the entirely of your energy catching up to them if you do, leaving nothing to heal with.

Archived