Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

On 2020-02-25 at 4:36 PM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

why not just make 1 augment slot per power, then remove a normal slot off of warframes entirely and or make a slot into a exilus to balance it out....

bandaids should not take up a slot

Because that would be a huge nerf to any frame that doesn't need augments.

Just giving my two Creds, I never liked the idea of Aug mods since day one, for me it feels like a rollback to the old days, for the players that did not know in the first year or two, we had 11 mod slots, 1 Aura slot and 10 normal mod slots but we also needed to equip our abilities so for example if you wanted to use all 4 abilities you would need to use 4 slots, so we end up using just 1 or 2 abilities, and then one day DE announced that all Frame abilities would be always equipped but the mod slots would be reduced from 10 to 8, that as a fair trade, but some time later DE release the Aug mod but we keep 8 mod slots (we did get the exilus slot but just a few mods can be used in that slot) so now we have "ability" mods but no new slots, also some Aug mods should just be part of the base ability like Rhino's Iron Shrapnel mod its a glorified "turn off" switch for Iron skin (yes I know that it makes Iron skin also do DMG) we do have some Aug mods that change it's base ability and can make some Frame OP but for me DE should just absorb all the Aug mods in their base abilities and then tweak the op ones.

(Im sorry for any bad "Engrish" from my part, English is not my first or even second language)

Augments should be like arcanes, you get two slots that are totally separate from mod slots and you can add the augments you want or don't add any. Maybe augments aren't mods at all anymore, they are their own thing. Though if you still have to rank them up I would vastly prefer doing so with endo than purchasing multiple augments to fuse like arcanes. Just a one time purchase please with no ranking up would be preferred.

• 1 month later...

I am probably too late to this... But can we just remove certain augments and have them become part of the warframes abilities? 

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

I'm talking about these ones specifically. After seven years maybe it is time to strip some of the garbage grind from warframe. I ask because I recently tried to get a couple of friends to play warframe with me. What was the result of what should have been a great experience? 

Why are you so much faster than I am? Holy crap, I will never have the endo to play this game (talking about serration...). How do i get arcanes? Oh i guess i'll just wait 500 hours and then buy one or two. It would be nice if you did a little crunch on things.

The grind for everything is stupid long. Minor changes like these would help you attract new platinum buyers- I MEAN players to the game. 

On 2020-02-27 at 2:55 AM, Draco_VW said:

Just giving my two Creds, I never liked the idea of Aug mods since day one, for me it feels like a rollback to the old days, for the players that did not know in the first year or two, we had 11 mod slots, 1 Aura slot and 10 normal mod slots but we also needed to equip our abilities so for example if you wanted to use all 4 abilities you would need to use 4 slots, so we end up using just 1 or 2 abilities, and then one day DE announced that all Frame abilities would be always equipped but the mod slots would be reduced from 10 to 8, that as a fair trade, but some time later DE release the Aug mod but we keep 8 mod slots (we did get the exilus slot but just a few mods can be used in that slot) so now we have "ability" mods but no new slots, also some Aug mods should just be part of the base ability like Rhino's Iron Shrapnel mod its a glorified "turn off" switch for Iron skin (yes I know that it makes Iron skin also do DMG) we do have some Aug mods that change it's base ability and can make some Frame OP but for me DE should just absorb all the Aug mods in their base abilities and then tweak the op ones.

(Im sorry for any bad "Engrish" from my part, English is not my first or even second language)

I've been saying that as well, most augments can and should be added to their base abilities. Only when all ability options have been satisfied should there be augments.  alternative ways to deliver the same output or outright use a different but like powerset is a augment worthy. What DE has done so far is plug a glaring and  gaping deficiency in a lot frames bases.  

Example: Mag

greedy pull as passive?

Pull and push 

Magnetize; at max should be default size and why wouldn't you be able to pop your own bubble, a waste of a slot.

Augment for Crush should be inherent and have more agency implemented, waste of a slot.

6 hours ago, King_Flounder said:

I am probably too late to this... But can we just remove certain augments and have them become part of the warframes abilities? 

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

Oh, I agree with this.

As for Volt, if this is a default ability, please give Volt the force lightning of doom beam of electricity shown in the Alad V trailer? I mean, electric Liches already have it!

On that note, perhaps add more?

Since Oberon is doing element combination - Radiation, why not allow Mag to buff others with Magnetic, for example?

I can't come up with who should use Blast, Viral, and Gas though...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Nice to see some changes may be coming...would be nice to see these augment changes made available on the "public test server" BEFORE being locked in as a final change to allow for stress testing the changes to find any bugs/issues with any of them. This would, hopefully, allow only some augments to be changed while others are held back if issues are discovered on a few. Rather than all or nothing releasing the ones that are 'good' would be a much better method.

Also, it would be helpful to understand how this type of effort impacts the other aspects of game improvements. Because, honestly, changing augments (which could end up introducing bugs) isn't as important as stabilizing the game and addressing known "bigger" bugs in the game.

So, if these augment changes will slow down something like Nightware, fixes to oplink (which is used in upcoming content???) communication, "fixing" the healing of mobile defense targets (as mentioned after the Khora nerf mess), fixing the Octavia mallet/resonator bug, stabilizing that new database back end, and so on please don't do these augment changes now...push them off and fix known issues and focus on the 'new' content being stable.

Check the time and date stamp. 

1 hour ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Oh crap...totally missed that...thanks...ignore all I said...going to edit out my post now.

Hey, it happens. This is something that SHOULD be forefront and running through some of their minds, but really, we probably won’t see any similar changes for another 3-4 years if following current DE practices. But we’ll see. 

• 3 weeks later...

Titania - Lantern augment = please change melee damage bonus to bullet damage bonus or just a raw damage bonus.   

I probably dont understand the ins and outs of Titania well enough.  But I dont understand this augment.  I love the lantern ability and build around it to have a nice support role frame that buffs/debuffs/heals, and cc's.   Titania is one of the few frames that encourages you to use guns because she has dual pistols in fairy mode.  It makes you want to use dual pistols as a normal frame to.  But instead her lantern augment is for melee.   You know how many frames I have that melee everything to death??  Almost all of them lol.  Dont force titania to be melee also,  not when she likes using guns.  

Please change the augment to boost secondary damage or just all gunfire.  Or just let Lantern buff all damage from any source. 

Atlas/Nidus/Frost - trail ability augments = Let augments for trail abilities increase the angle/width of the ability.  Atlas's petrify 180 degrees.  Nidus's 1 could be 90-180 degree.  Frosts's Avalanche?? could be 180 degrees.  

Nekros - Terrorize = Slow enemies, buff the damage they take, and make them walk TOWARDS nekros.  Who will cut them down like wheat.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

You have to take a pretty big hit to stats to make room for augments.  Warframes really need 1 special slot for augments like aura and exilus.  Even then they would need to have 0 drain because we just dont have the cap.   Alot of frames use Steel aura just for the extra 2-4 capacity lol.   

If none of that is an option augments need to be alot more extreme and powerful.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived