Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

Honestly, my problem with bad augments is that even with a buff, it still doesn't really justify a mod slot.

Those "press 1 to do damage" abilities would just be in a way better spot overall if the augment was part of the ability itself, instead of requiring a mod slot to make it any useful. 

You know there's a really easy 'qol' fix for ALL augments... make them all exilus mods. 

While you keep saying you don't want to give us an *augment* slot it would be nice to be able to use them in the exilus slot if nothing else....

edit: while I'm sure people know what I meant it should have been augment slot not exilus.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Bear:

For now, this Workshop only covers Augments that we felt we could improve fairly without major overhauls of the base ability as well. They are 'Augments', after all! 

I suggest including Frost's icy avalanche augment in this set of changes aswell, since all it really needs are 2 things:

• increase the amount of ice skin it gives per enemy from 60 to 180
  • let the ice skin add up from multiple casts of avalanche instead of replacing the lower value with the higher one.

This way the augment is actually worth casting (without the arbitrations buff anyway) instead of losing the ice skin quicker than the cast animation takes.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Bear:

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Rhino's 1 and 2 augments are already considered hardcore bandaid mods. Recasting should be part of the base ability if at all.

Speaking of augments, With Nyx, Assimilate needs to become apart of her base kit, absorb is a bad ultimate and assimilate is what makes it useable.

Mind freak also needs a buff, because even with the increase of 500%, i will never use this augment because enemy damage to each other is pathetically low.

Pacifying bolts should also be changed because all it does currently is give you back the old psychic bolts, but without the damage.Her 2 desperately needs a useful secondary effect in situations where armor is already stripped because of a mag/ cp/ etc. Shield stripping is mostly irrelevent since corpus are squishy to begin with, and its supposed to slow infested, but hasnt worked properly since it was last changed

For starters ya'll ought to take another look at augments being mods in the first place, as opposed to something like unlockable toggles. Wisp's moveset has so much going on that she honestly feels like a frame with all 4 augments already baked into her kit - every single ability does 3+ things, has 3+ different interactions, and is clear proof that you guys can give something that kind of depth if you care to. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Bear said:

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

So... what's exactly being changed here? This is how the ability and augment already work. Does this mean bladestorm is being nerfed so its system only works with the augment installed? Why not simply rework the augment as a whole at that point? Maybe some damage buffer based on amount of marked enemies.

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Could the puncture effect be removed and apply something else instead? Maybe a fear effect like Nekros' terrify. Puncture procs aren't really all that great of a debuff, especially considering that Rhino can simply stomp and generate the king of debuffs (hard CC).

I would like to recommend some augment changes:

Pacifying Bolts change, since Psychic bolts are currently capped:

• Stun is removed (make the stun innate to the original targets, since the ability's target count is capped anyways), instead each bolt target will be a catalyst. Killing the bolt target will spawn 4 more bolts that will target and debuff new enemies (targets debuffed from spawning bolts won't be stunned).

Smoke Shadow:

• Invis bomb radius is affected by range just like the ability.

augments have to be very impactful to take away whole warframe slot, and when I mean impactful = basically you set all your mods around it, and maybe even be weapon specific. as for now we have very few augments that are "worthy", while adding that augment you are sacrificing on duration/strength/range/etc making other 3 abilities weaker. 
Having an augment slot per ability would be so great so you don't have to sacrifice anything and suddenly all those "not-so-great" mods become a lot better. Nobody's going to sacrifice their mod slot to give everyone fireball buff, they'd rather be stronger themselves in most cases. 

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I suggest including Frost's icy avalanche augment in this set of changes aswell, since all it really needs are 2 things:

• increase the amount of ice skin it gives per enemy from 60 to 180
  • let the ice skin add up from multiple casts of avalanche instead of replacing the lower value with the higher one.

First one: You're crazy and I love it.
Second one: This seems like a bit much for an ability that's already amazing CC, although it could be okay if there were a soft cap and/or diminishing returns. I do think it's a great suggestion even if I'm not 100% for it.

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

Right now Valkyr's 4th ability still feels "broken" when switching between melee and ranged weapons given that energy still drains and I can't recast the ability without first hitting 4 to actually "disable" it.

For her 4th ability I'd suggest that either: 1) Aiming/gliding/blocking combos, not disable her 4th's invulnerability, especially since as it is now it continues to drain energy and disables claws from healing. OR 2) If aiming/gliding is intended to disable her 4th ability, then it should actually be disabled. Meaning that I should not still be having energy drained and should not have to "hit 4 to cancel".

Now on the augment...

Hysteria Augment suggestion:

Based on the above fixes I'd suggest: 1) Increase range to ~40m, increase claw reach ~100%. OR if the intent is aiming disables all of Hysteria then 2) Let invulnerability linger for 3 seconds when aiming to prevent <snip>.

13 minutes ago, Immune said:

give augment slots per each ability already + still we don't even have augments for all abilities per warframe and when it started idea was to have multiple for each

I would love to see a new "augment" slot similar to Aura or Exilus slots where I can drop in a dedicated augment. Sure I could still drop the augment into the main 8 slots like the Exilus ones, but this would be a dedicated slot so I could at least fit the one I want without taking a core slot.

I believe with Hysterical Assault, it might be of more value to increase the duration to 1.5-2 seconds. You are, after all, an incensed ball of rage, and so wounds even the strongest would succumb to should be of little effect to Valkyr.  Seriously though, half a second seems like it's to only cover the block combo, but you need more than half a second to get out of dodge and possibly survive. Things like Phoenix Renewal, warding halo, and Hildryn and Nidus's passives all give at least 2-5 seconds of invulnerability.  So if we're following precedent than Valkyr should also be given this luxury, as her 4 cannot be maintained indefinitely except maybe outside of energy pads or a team comp specifically designed to spawn energy orbs, both of which are uncommon.

Speaking strictly on the 'frames I use the most/have used the most...

I mean I already use Magnetized Discharge as part of my base build and it works hilariously well at LV100+ so buffing it is "I don't need it but I'll take it."  IMO y'all should focus on reworking her Passive, as Universal Vacuum + all sentinels having Vacuum makes "vacuum when bullet jumping" overly superfluous.  (Like, let her drag the shards she creates with Polarize, at least?)

I'm being a bit dramatic, I know, but tacking more things onto Hysteric Assault feels more like an attempt at putting a butterfly bandage over a severed limb.  Hysteria should not allow the use of guns, period.  The fact you lose your invulnerability and still lose EN (at the % you're at when you switch) while using guns/ADS/aim glide in Hysteria seems like an unintended consequence of Melee 3 and I'm kind of floored that this has not been fixed by this point.  I'd rather be locked into melee -- and forced to dive -- and actually play into the "melee berserker" theme of the character, as it always has been.

As for the base of the mod as it is-- lunging in at your target -- I stand by my opinion from back when this mod originally came out:  This should've been an innate part of the ability (at a reduced range), and not actually a mod.  With a 40 meter lunge at max it already gives you a good reach and doesn't need an increase, and as noted above, Hysteria should lock you out of using guns, so a half-second of invulnerability is a hard pass for me.

59 minutes ago, PerishedFraud said:

The number one issue with augments is simply finding room for them.

I agree, with trying to find room for them it can be difficult. Can there be a slot at the top that is similar to Exilus and Aura, but only for the augments mods?

can you guys PLEASE get rid of the "conclave only" restriction to augments you can get from teshin, and make it so you can get those augments elsewhere? ide love to use atlases rumblers augment that makes it so you actually become the rumbler, but i cant because even if conclave was a good game mode, i wouldnt be able to use it outside of conclave, that seems really stupid to me, having conclave only augments, cause some of them seem really fun to use in normal missions and might even end up being extremely useful

Archived