Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

2 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

I hope a big range increase. Doing a Hysteria build usually means a neg range stat. Or having the range detached from modding around 25m.

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

Sounds good, Makes Ash more useful for AOEying

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

I am hopeing a good range on the taunt. Right now it's not noticible. Otherwise I am all for more taunt abilities in the game. 

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Since I can only have 1 out instead of 4, sounds good. 4x duration better?

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

I have been messing around with Furious Javelin trying to get something I am satisfing and it drives me nuts. It is so blasted weak right now. I would like to see the buff extended to all weapons instead of just melee given that Excal is the all around starter frame. 

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

That is cool. Maybe add on an "energy recharge" buff? I always mentally link water to energy. It bugs me that Pilfering doesn't cause bonus orbs of any kind to drop like Necros does. This would slip in on there. Do the status immunity + energy recharge buff for X duration. 

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

Mag is a go to frame for me and Mag Discharge is my build of choice. I would absolutely love this. Makes a power house more powerhouse.

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

I tried maging a neg duration build for this and just not satisfied. I hope to see this help. Sounds really good. Is it going to stay at an 8m range? I mean with out overextended that maxes at 16m which is... eh? Also be careful, the "flash" animation could get annoying to players if they are getting it trigger every kill. The Shooting Gallery damage buff seems low to me, perhaps a buff there too? There are other frames that give much more dramatic damage buffs and it would give Mesa an option for doing a tank build, utility build, and DPS build?

Explosive Legerdemain - Sleight of Hand Augment - Mirage

• Increase damage and status chance when triggered

I had someone surprised the other day that I use it because they said no one does. I hope a dramatic increase in damage. Maybe a scale or bonus if the enemy is CC'd too like with the blind?

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Fantastic.

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

Very good indeed. If I am doing a roar build I want to debuff thigns too. So Good.

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

Contagion clouds right now are so tiny, this is a great thing to see and I hope its a nice sized cloud Maybe scales with frame or weapon mods?

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

• No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
  • Increase damage conversion %

Volt with the shield is my jam, so good.

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

I have been trying so hard to make this work and it is so crazy nitch, it is a pain to use. I have been using anti-grav mods to try to compensate  The 2 second would be more usable for sure. I kinda wish the buff applied to all damage done and not just the 1's damage. I do like charging up 1 to hover and snipe stuff.

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

I totally just splooshed reading this. My favorite build on Ember right now is doing a buffer build, giving all players around 400% bonus fire damage and my biggest complaint is being able to give it to players or when trying to target a companion and it keeps wanting to move behind me. I was hopeing to have it make it so when a friendly moved through the fire patch but this works too. Is this also going to damage? Or is the charge attack only affect friendlies? I hope the effect still goes to companions since the other buffs do not while this family of buffs do.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

What about Enveloping Cloud? It's virtually worthless when attacking decloaks an ally, leaving it with a niche use of providing allies with stealth capabilities, something only really useful for Spy missions.

In any situation where it would be useful to buff allies ready for a spy vault, I'm just going to go and do the Spy vault myself because I'll be faster.

If this augment is considered okay and thus not receiving changes then I'm sure you can think of a single in-game situation in which it could be considered worthwhile to equip it, and if you can't, why is it not getting changed? Don't half-arse these changes, if you intend to revisit augments to bring sub-par ones up to scratch then do so, but do all of them. Anything less is... well, silly, because you'll just have to come back to it later after leaving it in a terrible state for multiple years.

There's a lot of augments to look at man. It seems like they're just releasing these in waves, so they're likely not done yet. 

@[DE]Bear really cool so far. Looking forward to see what else you guys are planing!

Thanks for the "wave effect" for those basic "1st power; elemental damage" augment buffs btw. It'll make them much easier to use in a public match. 

Edit: All of these augment buffs are very much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

This would reduce build variety as far as I'm concerned. Mod space is far and away more limited on my staff than on my frame.

Granted, but Wukong's the exception, not the rule.

1 hour ago, Asdryu said:

I can't imagine how devastating Saryn will become if this is what I'm thinking and Volt is gonna make every corrosive build a piece of cake to make

Honestly, I wouldn't consider it worth the slot outside of niche situations.
High str already gives you a good chance of 3 corr procs per tic, and high str is basically a given for Saryn.

1 hour ago, LudwigTheMad said:

Using Blade Storm effectively requires a movement that is both dizzying and unnatural, and yet Garuda's similar function does not. Please make it so that Ash players don't have to spastically twirl around to use Blade Storm.

yesplz, but that should be in the base ability, not the augment.

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range  

It is still going to be awkward to use. Fact is with our current movement capabilities Hysterical Assault is going to be at a disadvantage. It could use something else that synergizes with Valkyr, maybe make it work like fatal teleport where it opens enemies to finishers but personally I would like to see it turned into something else.

• Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Rumbled augment for PVE when?

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

These are going to have to be dramatic buffs for people to sacrifice a slot for it. Especially Tidal Impunity.

I still can't see this getting a lot of use. Rather than generating a stagger maybe make it draw aggro from enemies within the range. This will give it a synergy with Iron Skin and Rhino's tankyness.

1 hour ago, Xianos_Chaos said:

So Bladestorm will be reworked sometime later? Thank god, it needs it badly.

IT really only needs some QoL changes with its targeting system. Making it into a cone would fix most of the issues it has.

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

Why not give them something unique instead of copy-pasting the same functionality?

1 hour ago, PerishedFraud said:

The number one issue with augments is simply finding room for them.

Not quite number one, but I think a  bigger issue than that is that so many of them aren't worth consideration versus the top 8 or 15 conventional mods.  Fix that, and people get to make harder choices.  Of course, a lot of players don't want more choices so much as they want more power,  which would continue to manifest as demands for...more slots.

IMO, the actual, underlying number one issue though is that DE hasn't decided what overall purpose augments should serve.

I would like to see more augments added on top of the ones we already have, not to combine them together but to maybe have each ability come with 2 separate augments that can change one ability function into 2 different ones. Rather than just continuing to make new frames, maybe more options on older frames. Given the base is there. Just my thoughts.

I'm happy that Oberon's Hallowed Eruption and Smite Infusion augments are getting some love, but what about his weakest augment Hallowed Reckoning?

As of right now Hallowed reckoning creates small zones underneath enemies that deals 150 damage over 10 seconds and provides allies who stand in the zone an additional 250 armor, the real problem is that these zones are absolutely tiny (about 1m wide off the top of my head) and since most enemies survive the reckoning cast you barely get much use out of the damage zones since enemies will just walk out of them.

So here's my idea, why not allow the augment to also immobilise the enemies affected just like Mag's fracturing crush augment, add corrosive status procs to each damage tick from the zones to provide additional armor stripping over time, and remove the armor bonus from the zones and instead add the total armor bonus directly to Oberon and allies in the range of Reckoning (say that we change the armor bonus to 100 per enemy affected and Reckoning affects 10 enemies, providing 1000 additional armor to Oberon and any allies in the Reckoning range for the 10 seconds).

My low effort suggestion for the Augment-Slot idea:

Put an extra Slot dedicated just for Augments right next to the Exilus-Mod-Slot. Make it so it doesnt take any capacity like Aura or Melee Stances does (except for giving extra Capacity ofcourse),

If now people argue with powercreep and builds becoming so overpowered, I would suggest to reduce the amount of augment mods which can be placed on that extra slot for the more underwhelming, powercreep-less mods. For example can Excalibur's Chromatic Blade or Volt's Capacitance not be placed on that extra augment slot. 

https://imgur.com/zSlbIlZ

zSlbIlZ.jpg

Simple, statistics buffs like "increased range or X" for augments  are nice, however that's not enough. The main problem with many augments is that they were badly designed from the beginning or maybe even rushed (example: "Spectrosiphon" for Gara). Such augments are boring, they are not fun to use and they are not even worth a one slot for mod. Again, such augments have to be reconsidered or maybe even reworked from the grounds (if not replaced by better, new augments). What these ones are truly missing are additional very unique  and original effects - something that will make us want to use certain abilities, even if the version of such ability (without the augment) is useless, not worth using and wasting energy on. Augments mentioned in this thread are just nothing more than "a tip of a mountain", there are more augments that need attention too.

From what I've read in replies of this thread and different players' suggestions, here are other things (related to augments) that should be proposed and added to Warframe:

1. Additional, special slot only for augments (I know @[DE]Bear that you are highly against this idea because of things like balance and power creep, however maybe it would be a good change to buff some things intead of nerfing them for a once ? I hope that one day you will follow or listen to the voices of players, the voice of the united Warframe community.)

2. Option to use PvP (Conclave) augments in PvE.

These are several suggestions, not necessarily to be added al on one Augment.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Bear:

Make the Augments give a buff-aura, like some Corpus and Infested enemies have, but giving the elemental enhancement buff to allies and companions around the Warframe.

These effects should be in addition to the already suggested changes:

• When cast to destroy the Frostbubble, procc a small buff for allies in range, similar to the Avalanche-Buff

• Let Fireballs leave a lingering pool of lava on the ground
  • Let Fireballs be supercharged, to blast a ginormous ring of fire, similar to the Eximus-units (maybe Ember's #3 should have this)
  • Let Ember have heightened energy regen while standing in a lava puddle, or trigger a small buff for her passive

• Make this give allies in range the passive effect from Volt, to build up a charge to procc additional elemental damage on next attack

• Allies contract the spores buff (reduced duration) when killing enemies affected by Saryns spores

• Shoot out a small glowing ball of light, attracting enemies. After x time, it explodes, sending out homing smite bullets in amount of Oberons strength - just like normal Smite, just as a delayed grenade

I really hope, we will get a rework of many more Augments, as many are lackluster and way to soft or uninspired with their effects, to justify a mod slot, which is always a decision to make against the higher valued other stat-mods, like strength for most Frames.

Titanic Rumbler having 150% health of a normal rumbler makes the augment lackluster when it comes to taking damage since we're losing 25% of the total ehp and normal rumblers are already really tanky, making the augment more like a downgrade from the base skill. 

With that out of the way, any chance for the augment to just become Rumbled instead? The armor's EHP already scales with power strength (Tested under the effects of Final Act), and could be made to increase further based on Atlas' EHP (health mods, armor mods, and rubble at the moment of casting) to make rumbled's EHP scale even further without affecting conclave balance since health and strength scaling is really limited there and it doesn't have mods for armor, parkour could be enabled but reducing mobility to 0.5 to make atlas feel heavy while covered by his stone armor, while damage on slam and rock tosses could be affected by melee mods (and give it a slide attack at least).

Here's a clip using Rumbled:

I personally see no reason to make that part of the augment instead of adding it to the base ability.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Bear:

While it does sound nice, wouldn't this clash with her ability to charge her fireball via holding the key ?

3 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Ember 1st ability already have a charge mechanic, how about adding this radial wave effect to her charged 1st skill instead of changing it purely into a wave? So the explosion becomes the epicenter of the radial wave

• Increased Range 

Ultimately, I'm not a Valkyr user. So I really don't care what happens. But, considering Valkyr main are the ones always complaining how melee 2.99 ruin Hysteria, I would said a possible fix would be to make Hysteria lock the use of other weapons and the augment mod make it so you can use Hysteria whit melee 2.99 or vice versa.

As for Valkyr main, stop pretending melee 2.99 affected other frames negative other than Valkyr.

I appreciate the attempt, but there is no augment saving that ability. Just do a rework for the ability.

Oppose to popular opinion I thin Iron Charge and Iron Shrapnel are fine as augments mods. You ether use Iron Charge to make Iron Skin super strong or a strength mod that doesn't make I.S. as good  but affect Roar too. Iron Shrapnel is not just a QoL augment it makes Iron Skin a million time more safe to use and also let you have a S#&$ty Iron Skin until you have all the buff you want to recast it too.

But this mode IS just a QoL an nothing more, you can now give roar to that allied that wasn't close enough, that it... There is no room for this mod. So just add the recast to the ability or don't, but this mod is meh.

Archived