[DE]Bear

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

8 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

Am I misremembering things, or isn't the combo counter being removed with melee 3.0? Why add an augment that deals with it if it'll be gone?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Bear a dit :

Please be aware that during this process, tweaks and changes will be made to these alterations provided. We are always open to your feedback, so if you have any thoughts on the proposed changes above, we would love to hear your comments in this forum thread! Please make sure to keep your feedback constructive and concise, so we can better compile your thoughts!

Perhaps some powers would greatly benefit from having an augment effect added to the vanilla skill and the augment basically changed more than improved. It could be part of a wider global frames QoL i guess - cause augments main purpose should be to add value, not trying to buff really bad powers, shouldn't they ?

THAT would be an interesting upgrade to the current game.

Nice changes to the elementals upgrade though, they'll be way much easier to use that way !

Edited by 000l000
  • Like 2

Who else is disappointed that atlases most fun augment is 1 still locked to PvP and 2 not boosted if it were brought out of PvP

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

If we are talking about augments here, can we actually revise on Energy Transfer augment for Equinox's Mend & Maim? Why is this still an augment to bandaid a core problem of lacking synergy/ connection and fluidity of both stance instead of making it into the base kit and make an augment that really augments an alternative/ additive playstyle?

Edited by TouFuub
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2

Can you guys consider adding an augment slot for augment mods only like the exilus slot

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

How about looking at the recent augment for Garuda?  Dread Ward could use a boost to make it worth it.

• Like 1

Some of the augments in-game are not really "augments" but instead they become essential mods to power-up a warframe. And majority of the augments are not that useful to take up a much needed mod slot. For example, if I were using Ember, I would not go out of my way to sacrifice a mod slot just to have the ability to give other players fire damage. They are strong enough as they are. My proposition is to add augment slots or have the augments as purchasable "upgrades" that could be toggled on or off at will. If that were not possible, I could settle on being able to place all augments to the Exilus mod slot. The mods there are ones I can gladly replace with augment mods.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No news on our poor vauban?

Tesla augment should be innate, its way too weak, the connecting limit (5) is way too low

Vortex augment needs way too many energybto be useful

Bastille augment is buggy af, every enemy got repelled

Edited by Gruiz

9 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

Good change, 2 second look so tight though considering when you touch the ground theres a bit delay before you can recast.

Zephyr kinda need Air Brakes for tailwind, this dash ability has little to no control compared to wisp dash, wukong, nezha, even the eidolon frame because you cant change direction or stop at will. Should make zephyr can cancel a tail wind by rolling to reduce the momentum
Having long duration build makes you plastered to a wall is very limiting.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Instead "fixing" augments why not give an extra slot? And garuda's augment NEEDS a rework. giving her 5 sec of cannot-die statue is like nothing when you have Quick thinking (which  is crucial) and when she doesnt have energy in some lvl100+ mobs she is going to be downed anyway. So this augment IS USELESS. I think this augment should be something like when kill grants some sort of damage boost since one of her only two main ways of dealing damage relies heavily on weapons

Edited by PineGraphite
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I´d suggest some more fundamental changes to Embers Fireball Frenzy. Her kit already has two sources of heat damage buffs and I don´t think there need to be a 3rd one.

Some ideas what types of augment effects could improve Firball:

- conversion from projectile with travel time to instant ignition (hit scan) + ignite and panic duration is doubled
- reduces targets armor/damage done
- hitting the same enemy again will spread damage and status effects to nearby targets within 10m range

Edited by Arcira

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

You know there's a really easy 'qol' fix for ALL augments... make them all exilus mods. 

While you keep saying you don't want to give us an *augment* slot it would be nice to be able to use them in the exilus slot if nothing else....

edit: while I'm sure people know what I meant it should have been augment slot not exilus.

YES PLEASE!

Posted (edited)

Please, PLEASE GOD PLEASE just scrap Target Fixation and do something completely different. Tailwind will never, ever be a damage skill. Why are you trying to force this instead of giving her something actually useful? TF is the single worst, most useless augment in the game and this will not change that at all.

Edited by Cryssoberyl
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Could you also take this time to reconsider some of the QoL augments, that could likely just become part of the main ability? Like Equinox’s mend and maim augment, or even the recastability of iron shrapnel or Nidus’s larvae augment for example.
Edited by Shadedraxe
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Shadedraxe said:

Could you also take this time to reconsider some of the QoL augments, that could likely just become part of the main ability? Like Equinox’s mend and maim augment, or even the recastability of iron shrapnel or Nidus’s larvae augment for example.

Damn it. I quoted myself instead of editing my original post.

Edited by Shadedraxe

9 hours ago, --PV--Arc said:

Rhino is one of the frames that needs to have 2 augments in his builds to make him good with his ironskin. Can his Ironsharpnel augment become a part of his kit ? It really is an augment that people use just for making him recast his ironskin and not for the Puncture damage the augment gives.

Yes please!

• Upvote 1

The Atlas one... U literally just Ctrl C + Ctrl V'd The New Wukong one. Why couldnt it just be his Augment from That barren Wasteland called Conclave

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Brawlatron said:

Awesome.... but can this apply to Volt himself too? With Gauss literally being the Speed Frame, a little effort to accentuate Volt's other abilities would be appreciated.

This. With volts shield make have a secondary hold feature that creates a single 360 shield. Or hold the shield ability and look around to create a shield

I would like Trinity's Augments to give her more options in Eidolon Hunts. As much as I like spamming 4.

10 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range 

This has to be a prank or you are just really ignorant to why this is such a insult
i'll go ahead and say it because it is what everyone in the game thinks anyway
fix aim glide to not remove hysteria and completely change this augment  then rework Valkyr to actually want to mod in range and not just press 2 to mash E for 20 minutes "safely"

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

Letting you know right now even bringing up this augment makes a few people want to shoot you.  Yes it's that much of a bane and yes we hate it that much. You know what people ACTUALLY want?  the conclave augment. you know this. you have probably heard and read it a thousand times how badly people want to be covered in invincible rock armor that doubles your damage. believe it or not, atlas is for one reason or another even with all umbral mods and adaptation, still squishy because his options suck and is prone to get shot die for not mashing 1

Unless this augment turns you into a massive bird missile that hits everything in your time zone don't expect anyone to use this especially with a garbage 2 second timer

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

These are objectively good and probably wanted by most players

my main concern is how much of a range buff magnetize will get off this augment,  its a hoard game with big maps not a playground sandbox
oh and
that range buff on eclipse needs to be just. like it needs to be a locked in flat 15 meters. every mirage player in the game runs max narrow minded and has 34% range because hey that's her life and the way ya'll left her.

other than that the way you described blade-storm almost seems like you are moving a basic feature to an augment.  Don't

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

It unsettles time to see an ember augment being reworked when Ember needs and overhaul because it’s cool too nerf a frame whose abilities are only seeing use in low level content.........

Posted (edited)

oh some of these changes are really nice          

Edited by (PS4)kobetroy

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Hello, one of like... Maybe four total Zephyr mains here. 

This still won't be very useful. Unless you're already doing a very niche super speed Jet Stream build, you're not going to be building Zephyr for strength. She's a range and duration girl. Plus, using Tail Wind offensively is just so unwieldy that no one is going to flip their Zephyr build upside down for it like they do with Jet Stream. Certainly, these changes will make it easier to pull off, but the entire concept and angle just doesn't fit into her kit and playstyle, so I don't see anyone making room for it. She really just needs an entirely new augment.

I miss Dive Bomb Vortex, and while I think it could've been worked into Tail Wind post-rework, the same concept might more easily fit into an Air Burst augment. An issue with that augment before is that the piling of enemies wasn't super effective, but having the effect last 1 or 2 seconds would fix that. Since that'd probably be effected by duration, I understand a desire to be cautious with that as we don't want it to be just as or more effective than Vaubans Vortex, but I think just a couple of seconds will make a big difference. 

I'm not really sure what I want for Tailwind, but I think an augment that improves her hovering would maybe be the best approach. It'll give more reasons to use that part of the ability, which I imagine is pretty underutilized. Something simple like a headshot buff could be effective and actually worth flipping a build towards strength for, but I'd prefer something that fits better into a more generalist build. 

For something more complicated but also more synergistic for a less niche range and duration build, allow her to move while hovering. Let her fly around. The duration can still be relatively short, still rely on the charge up so as to not rob us of her open world zooms. Hildryn has shown us that this can be effectively done without having to shrink a frame down like with Titania. I think she should move more quickly than Hildryn does, but she also won't have the CC and Dot along with it. Granted, just using her guns will probably be more effective DPS than Hildryn can do, who's limited to using her first ability and all, but that's probably something that should change with Hildryn anyway. 

I really loved what you all did for Zephyr with her rework. You made her more effective while still respecting her role, and it was such a relief. But this augment was a disappointing change at the time, and I really want to see it shine too. Thanks, guys! 

tl;dr Scrap Target Fixation entirely and allow Zephyr to move around while using Tail Wind's hover. 

Edited by (PS4)eximago
  • Like 2

I'm a bit surprised, the elemental ability 1 changes is massive and might completely shift the balance of the whole game. Meanwhile a lot of other mods get changes that are QoL fixes which should be part of the base ability to make the characters overall more enjoyable to play without spending a a mod slot on it.

I'm not opposed to the ability 1 changes. Those augments are simply not good right now, I'm just a bit annoyed that some of the more deserving augments on (more) lackluster are frames are treated far more cautiously.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

This isn't enough imo because it doesn't change the fact that radial javelin still isn't worth using. I know you don't want to totally rework it but if your going to change the augment you might as well use it to make the ability worth using. The combo of  radial javlins energy cost and extreme weakness against any sort of armor makes changing the augment in its current state a waste of time. i suggest making the augment turn radial javlin into a purely slash based ability and that gives some sort of armor buff based on how many enemies hit capped at 12 of course

Example: any enemy rj hits 2k any armored enemy rj hits for 100 or 200 dmg sometimes 300 on a good day

Edited by (PS4)kobetroy
  • Like 2