Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Revisiting Augments

SilverBones

11 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Swazdo-lah, offworlder!

Magnetized Discharge - Magnetize Augment - Mag

• Include a passive benefit that increases power range for this Ability only 

That alone won't do much, at best. Neither the current augment nor the proposed changes add anything new to the ability. The current augment makes it do what it already does, explode, and the proposed change is something that can be done through modding Mag herself, but even adding more range doesn't address the worst aspect of this ability. The main weakness of Magnetize (aside from Nuliifiers, but these should be removed from game entirely as they suck) is obstacles. A tiny pole between the bubble and the enemies is enough to completely prevent any damage. My dream augment for this ability would be something that allows the explosion to ignore obstacles, walls etc. and deal damage to all enemies within range, even if you had to change the damage type. Magnetized Shockwave.

It also sucks how power strength is practically worthless for this ability, and depending on what you want, crowd control for example, you are better off having negative power strength, because high value targets work as anchors to pull enemies towards them, and dealing less damage to the initial target means it lives longer to provide CC and add more damage to the final explosion. If power strength helped increase the DoT to everything inside the bubble, that would be great..

11 часов назад, PerishedFraud сказал:

The number one issue with augments is simply finding room for them.

As it stands, you cannot really afford to augment any but the strongest abilities without seriously impeding your build. Ember is rolling in her grave.

Kindly consider an augment slot. Not given to us for free or anything. if it were an unlockable much like the aura forma or umbra forma, it would be optimal.

A thanks in case this is ever actually considered.

For example: all augments can be equipped in exilus slot

13 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

edit: didn"t notice it says applies to caster, this is nice, but flash accelerant also needs to apply to self, RIP the augment. 

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

Really like basically all of these ideas (especially the rhino, mag, and volt ones 🧐) but I feel like this Zephyr augment isnt well... usable. Im not entirely sire how to fix that without remaking it so I came up with this idea. What if instead of buffing the damage tailwind/divebomb does it just increased the damage enemies took in general after being hit, like a debuff, but instead of a duration its removed with the same trigger

il y a 9 minutes, DhatZ a dit :

AND APPLIES TO SELF. or do we need a #*!%ing 10K tenno signatures petition for this? flash accelerant also needs it, RIP the augment. 

Hum ... what is the caster of the spell ?

3 minutes ago, papry said:

Hum ... what is the caster of the spell ?

I noticed at the same time u replied I read it wrong, but flash accelerant still needs self cast buff and even then its 50% the strength.

Zitat

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

Allow Roar to be recast when equipped

Valkyr's War Cry desperately needs that exact treatment as well. It is honestly mind boggling that the ability isn't recastable in the first place, because it means you can almost never use its debuffing properties.

If you are using Eternal War you can strike the "almost" part, beacuse the buff never runs out.

1 hour ago, DhatZ said:

I noticed at the same time u replied I read it wrong, but flash accelerant still needs self cast buff and even then its 50% the strength.

Erm... It already buffs Ember too. Please how can you miss the buff Icon when you cast it in the top right corner of the screen.

9 hours ago, Duduminador said:

Who gives a s**t about challenge/balance, right? Let's just distribute massive damage buffs to everyone! So what if the players were already overpowered before?!

LOL here we go again. One of those people that hates having fun.

14 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Total Eclipse - Eclipse Augment - Mirage

• Increase range on the buff to other players

Well that seems useless. Why not give it the same effect as the Chroma mod? The one that once granted to allies it stays on them until that particular cast timer ran out?

Or an augment that allows 50% of whatever buff you currently have (light or dark) to also buff the opposite.

For example: Night phases for Cetus make Eclipse completely useless for eidolon hunting. But if you gained half of the buff with the augment, it becomes far more useful. Same for bright light. Mirage is incredibly fragile, and the mirror images rarely ever actually draw fire to them. Or cause you to be hit when the bullet GOES through them. If you got 50% of the mitigate, Mirage would actually be useful in high level content again!

Small changes to some augments that act like patch mods for some lacklustre abilities won't change much. 

When I heard "revisiting augments" I imagined that you will finally add augments slots so it won't take up modding space. To come here and see this small changes to some abilities that i don't even use it's quite a dissipointment. 

At the end of the day you do what you think is best. Those changes won't affect me. 

Sorry this google translator. Please give the opportunity to update Mesa's fragmentation shield before the effect is finished. Or that the shield would be updated when killing from the regulators. I want to play Mesa and not follow the counter at the bottom of the screen. It is very annoying.

Hysterical Assault - Hysteria Augment - Valkyr

• Let invulnerability linger for half a second when aiming to prevent getting downed immediately in high-damage areas 
  • Increased Range

Considering the issues caused by aim-glide due to the weapon swap changes, I would make it impossible to switch to a firearm when using Hysteria. Unlike other Exalteds, with the exception of Baruuk's, Valkyr's 4 is meant to be her entering a blind rage. Maintaining that survivability is extremely important.

If that change were made I would instead make Hysterical Assault's leap cause a knockdown with a set radius which marks all targets to take increased damage, or slows them like Warcry.

Rising Storm - Blade Storm Augment - Ash

• Attacks by clones will raise the combo counter 
  • Include a passive benefit to extend the combo counter by a duration

From testing Ive found Ash's clones already build combo, so some clarification on what you mean is extremely important. As currently the only thought that comes to mind is that you're going to make this function exclusive to this augment, which would be rather silly.

An increase to the combo counter of about 3-5 seconds (unaffected by mods) would be great. In addition I would add a Relentless Combination effect with a set 75% chance for slash procs dealt by the clones to increase combo count.

Titanic Rumbler - Rumblers Augment - Atlas

• Increase to damage and speed 
  • Re-triggering the power will activate the taunt, as well as cause a knockdown effect

This sounds better, but more needs to be done about the base ability. Remove duration, and have Rumblers remain until killed or despawn. Have Rumbler damage scale with combo multiplier, and equipped melee mods (with a reduction in base damage if need be).

For Titanic Rumbler, I would suggest that it be allowed to 'mimmick' Atlas, so if Altas casts Landslide, so does the Rumbler, and if Atlas casts Petrify, so does the Rumbler. When re-cast for the taunt, have the Rumbler do a 'Rhino Stomp' animation that knocks down enemies. Trade-off being Titanic Rumbler cannot be recast for armor like normal Rumblers. When Titanic Rumbler dies have it drop a numer of rubble equal the number of enemies it has killed (up to a max if there's some script that'll cause bugs otherwise). Oh and if Atlas is far away from a Titanic Rumbler and casts Tectonics, have it respawn up out of the ground in front of the wall.

Hallowed Eruption - Hallowed Ground Augment - Oberon

• Additional passive ability that triples base duration

A bonus to duration of +200% would be enough. I would also make it so that 75% of HP and Shields of enemies killed within Hallowed Ground is added to the eruption damage.

Additionally in the case of Hallowed Reckoning, I believe it would be logical to have the armor bonus granted by Hallowed Reckoning (which is a flat 250) be 'picked up' and added to Iron Renewal if active. This would make ranged Oberon builds less squishy and offer more build variety overall.

Furious Javelin - Radial Javelin Augment - Excalibur

• Increase duration and damage on the buff

I believe it would be more wise to fix the base ability so that people have a reason to equip the augment. Reduce base damage to 250, and make it inherit the mods on exalted blade including the status chance bonus of Chromatic Blade if it is also equipped. This would make Radial Javelin worth using as an ability and open the door for people to choose to use the augment.

A base duration of about 20 seconds, with each enemy hit granting 7% damage at base would be excellent.

Tidal Impunity - Tidal Surge - Hydroid

• Increase the duration of the immunity buff

Good.

Muzzle Flash - Shooting Gallery Augment - Mesa

• For kills made by a player (self or ally) with Shooting Gallery activated, generate a blinding AoE when threshold is met

This is a good change. I would also add a bonus to headshot damage against enemies blinded by Muzzle Flash.

Piercing Roar - Roar Augment - Rhino

• Allow Roar to be recast when equipped
  • Increase debuff duration based on equipped Mods
  • Generate a stagger effect on enemies when the Roar hits

As with Iron Shrapnel, I find it rather silly to exclusively tie an option to recast the ability to it's augment. This should simply be a part of the base ability.

A stagger effect sounds good, though I think it would be cool to increase the damage bonus based on the number of enemies hit by the roar, even if its a small amount per enemy.

Contagion Cloud - Toxic Lash Augment - Saryn

• Allow buff to activate when enemy is killed by damage over time effects
  • General increase on range and damage

I don't believe Saryn needs even more damage, however the buff activating on DoT related kills would be good QoL.

Transistor Shield - Electric Shield Augment - Volt

• No additional energy drain when a shield is picked up by another player
  • Increase damage conversion %

Volt's shield has two modes, static and current. When static its duration based, when picked up and equipped by a player it becomes current and drains energy when moved but the duration continues to countdown, what I would suggest is that when picked up the duration pauses, and the drain is incurred by the player who picks up the shield. If you fix this issue with the base ability it will make it more likely that people think of using the augment when playing Volt.

The augment removing the drain on the player equipping the shield would lead to more people using it especially if duration is paused while the shield is equipped. It would be a boon to squad and solo play.

Target Fixation - Tail Wind Augment - Zephyr

• Remove buff after 2 seconds of being on the ground, instead of immediately
  • Damage increase per target hit

Good.

Fireball Frenzy - Fireball Augment - Ember
Freeze Force - Freeze Augment - Frost
Smite Infusion - Smite Augment - Oberon
Venom Dose - Spores Augment - Saryn
Shock Trooper - Shock Augment - Volt 

• Holding the casting button will send out a wave (much like similar, expanding Warframe Abilities) giving the elemental buff to every player it touches, including the caster

This sounds fine as long as the range is generous enough. 15-20m would be perfect.

I love it that you consider changing the augments to better suit the players and let them be more viable to use but that is actually not the reason why i don't use more then 1 augment tops in basically any of my builds i have, i simply cannot afford to "waste" any mod slot for an augment because the impact is just too great for the little benefit you gain for a skill you might not use that much to begin with.

A specific slot just for an augment, very much like the aura or exilus slot would be more welcome in my opinion, preferably more then just one that you could maybe unlock for your warframes. Or maybe augments that can actually fit in the aura slot would be fine too, much like some that  fit in the exilus slot.

There are a lot of warframes i would just love to use with all 4 of their augments since each and everyone one of them buffs you in a unique way but who would do that? The impact on your warframe build right now is just too big to be of any real long term use.

15 hours ago, PerishedFraud said:

The number one issue with augments is simply finding room for them.

As it stands, you cannot really afford to augment any but the strongest abilities without seriously impeding your build. Ember is rolling in her grave.

Kindly consider an augment slot. Not given to us for free or anything. if it were an unlockable much like the aura forma or umbra forma, it would be optimal.

A thanks in case this is ever actually considered.

Theres a few augments that can go into the exilus slot, but only about 2 of them in all the frames, mesa has one. I'd agree that making ALL augments exilus enabled would be good

While you are at it you could maybe also fix the missing effect with the pyroclastic flow augment from nezha, the effect when you kick the flame after damage build up is missing for me for probably halve a year now and it makes playing with that augment not fun at all.

Hope you can fix that soon and thx for the great work you do.

Archived