Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 25.4.2

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

First I didn't ask a question, and second I don't think you understood what I meant

I don't want the prime details to be able to be toggled off of the base prime skin. I want them to be able to toggle on the the base skin. IE the original warframe's skin that you can equip on your prime. That uses the same model as the immortal and tennogen skins which do have the toggle.

Prime_toggle_1.jpgPrime_toggle_2.jpgPrime_toggle_3.jpg

This applies to every prime frame. you can toggle details on any skin exept the prime skin itself, which is fine, and the frames original skin, which is a pointless restriction and should be fixed. and to prove that you CAN do this with umbra

Prime_toggle_4.jpg

I realized later yesterday that I didnt understand you thoroughly, so my post was not very clear. Yeah, you didnt question but still kinda wondering about the restriction. In fact, it;s not restriction, it;s about how 3D in computer works, and what you are pointing out here cant be fixed, I'll try to make this simple:

(Excluding all warframe helmets because they are separate components)
For most of the warframes:
-Normal frames: 3D mesh A + body texture A.
-Immortal skin/Tenno gen: 3D mesh A + Customed body texture A.
-Primed versions: 3D mesh B + body texture B.
So normal frames and immortal skins and tenno gen share the same 3D mesh (like a round balloon), and primed version has different 3D mesh (like a heart-shaped balloon). So when u try to put immortal skin on primed version, it will be like u try to put the round coat on the heart-shaped balloon and it wont fit.

For Excalibur umbra:
-Umbra (primed) version: 3D mesh A + Customed body texture A + Separate body ornaments/prime details (scarf, elbow pads, thigh pads)
So, Umbra can have the prime details turned off, and all the skin, immortal skin, tenno gen can be all applied without any problem, because it;s all the same 3D mesh (round balloon)

Hope this will make u understand 😁

18 hours ago, Libpea said:

I realized later yesterday that I didnt understand you thoroughly, so my post was not very clear. Yeah, you didnt question but still kinda wondering about the restriction. In fact, it;s not restriction, it;s about how 3D in computer works, and what you are pointing out here cant be fixed, I'll try to make this simple:

(Excluding all warframe helmets because they are separate components)
For most of the warframes:
-Primed versions: 3D mesh B + body texture B.
So normal frames and immortal skins and tenno gen share the same 3D mesh (like a round balloon), and primed version has different 3D mesh (like a heart-shaped balloon). So when u try to put immortal skin on primed version, it will be like u try to put the round coat on the heart-shaped balloon and it wont fit.

For Excalibur umbra:
-Umbra (primed) version: 3D mesh A + Customed body texture A + Separate body ornaments/prime details (scarf, elbow pads, thigh pads)
So, Umbra can have the prime details turned off, and all the skin, immortal skin, tenno gen can be all applied without any problem, because it;s all the same 3D mesh (round balloon)

Hope this will make u understand 😁

I still don't think you understand at all. Tennogen and immortal use the base mesh, not the primed mesh, you said this yourself at first, than I reaffirmed it, than you stated it again, only for me to repeat it a 4th time now. But they can still take prime details just fine and it is a feature in the game. The base warframe skin, by definition, uses the base mesh as well, but the cannot take prime details, there is absolutely no reasonable excuse for this. The fact that the immortal and tennogen skins can do this is 100% confirmation that it can also be applied to the base skin as well with relative ease, this is an objective fact. There is functionally no difference between putting the prime details on an immortal or tennogen skin vs the warframe's orinignal skin specifically because they use the same mesh. I don't know how you're arguing its not possible while repeating exactly the same facts I am.

11 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

I still don't think you understand at all. Tennogen and immortal use the base mesh, not the primed mesh, you said this yourself at first, than I reaffirmed it, than you stated it again, only for me to repeat it a 4th time now. But they can still take prime details just fine and it is a feature in the game. The base warframe skin, by definition, uses the base mesh as well, but the cannot take prime details, there is absolutely no reasonable excuse for this. The fact that the immortal and tennogen skins can do this is 100% confirmation that it can also be applied to the base skin as well with relative ease, this is an objective fact. There is functionally no difference between putting the prime details on an immortal or tennogen skin vs the warframe's orinignal skin specifically because they use the same mesh. I don't know how you're arguing its not possible while repeating exactly the same facts I am.

I figured, this is not easy to understand, hard for u to understand me and I dont think I understand u all 😀. And, Im a 3D designer and I know about these 3D stuff, it;s hard to explain all stuff that u need to learn in a year or two in a few paragraphs.

So in short, for this prime details able to be toggled on or off, there are possible frames: Ash prime, Ember prime, Frost prime, Loki Prime, Mag prime, Nova prime, Nyx prime, Rhino Prime, Trinity Prime, Vauban prime, Volt Prime and Excalibur umbra. Because these primed ones are made by using normal version and adding gold ornaments on top.

For the rest of other prime ones, their models are made anew, and gold ornaments are inherent parts of the model so they cant be toggled on or off, and immortal skins wont be applied properly. Im not arguing, just trying to explain, it;s technical aspects of 3D program, not restriction that DE made up.

10 hours ago, Libpea said:

I figured, this is not easy to understand, hard for u to understand me and I dont think I understand u all 😀. And, Im a 3D designer and I know about these 3D stuff, it;s hard to explain all stuff that u need to learn in a year or two in a few paragraphs.

So in short, for this prime details able to be toggled on or off, there are possible frames: Ash prime, Ember prime, Frost prime, Loki Prime, Mag prime, Nova prime, Nyx prime, Rhino Prime, Trinity Prime, Vauban prime, Volt Prime and Excalibur umbra. Because these primed ones are made by using normal version and adding gold ornaments on top.

For the rest of other prime ones, their models are made anew, and gold ornaments are inherent parts of the model so they cant be toggled on or off, and immortal skins wont be applied properly. Im not arguing, just trying to explain, it;s technical aspects of 3D program, not restriction that DE made up.

I don't want the prime parts to be toggleable off on prime skins, I want them toggleable on on the original skins

As far as I'm aware, prime details are toggleable on all tennogen and imortal skins that have a corrosponding prime warframe. These all use the same mesh as the original, non-prime skin. And even if all prime frames didn't have prime toggle on these skins, frames that do have this option there still don't on the original skin, like the mesa example I gave earlier. It shouldn't be a problem to add the option to the base skin of those frames, since the immortal and tennogen skins of them, which again use the base mesh and not the prime one, have these options. I see no reason why is shouldn't be not only possible, but easy to implement.

Archived