The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Let's make old weapons a little better.

AyzixFox

There are weapons that I like, but it is not for high-level missions. There are many weapons that will not polarize. There are several mods that are not used.
I think you need to add something that will make people look at unpopular weapons and mods from a different angle.
My suggestion is to add the interaction segment of the foundry and the mod station. Thanks to him, you can improve weapons with the help of modules found in missions. (If the weapon was created by Orokin, then you need to look in the locations of Orokin Derelict and Void). 
Obj1.png
The module is designed for a specific weapon and is inserted into the weapon forever.
Regular weapons cannot use Primed mods (Primed Bane of Infested/Grineer/Corrupted/Corpus) with a module, and prime weapons cannot use regular mods (Bane of Infested/Grineer/Corrupted/Corpus).

There are three weapon improvement modules:
1st - "Infinite Capacity"
Obj2.png
He makes the capacity endless and gives the weapon a rank - Legendary

2nd - "Implantation Mods"
Obj3.png
He permanently inserts several mods in the weapon. (not all mods can be inserted)

3rd - "Physical Improvement"
Obj4.png
It improves the weak points of the weapon, adds damage, status chance, critical chance or other parameters.

P.S. - Sorry for any errors, English is not my native language

1 минуту назад, Lazarow сказал:

Or just buff their stats on the current system

Beginners do not need a very strong weapon, they will become bored by the "mega-strong" weapon (for their level). But if the weapon can be improved as your progress progresses, then ... that is another matter, so there will be an interest in finding how to make a serious weapon from some kind of stick or toy gun.

Not a bad idea and I do like the concept though it reminds me of grinding for Shining Streamstones in Monster Hunter World and how awful it is to get the one to drop for the weapon you actually want to upgrade...and that game has far less weapons to dilute the drop pool.

I don't think infinite capacity would make a huge difference.  In my experience with enough formas I've never had to leave off a mod because of not having enough capacity.  If anything I've had to leave off certain mods simply because there aren't enough slots.  I would say change the infinite capacity into 1-2 more mods slots.

Older weapons really do need some life breathed into them though.  My poor Latron Prime.  It served me well for so long and yet it's been neglected by DE for years.  Even good rivens can't fix what are simply subpar stats compared to newer weapons.

On 2019-07-25 at 10:56 PM, AyzixFox said:

Beginners do not need a very strong weapon, they will become bored by the "mega-strong" weapon (for their level). But if the weapon can be improved as your progress progresses, then ... that is another matter, so there will be an interest in finding how to make a serious weapon from some kind of stick or toy gun.

I disagree with this reasoning: players getting started have no real way of knowing what qualifies as a "strong" or "mega-strong" weapon, and currently Warframe's method of giving newcomers utterly crap weapons ends up quickly discouraging them once they start encountering enemies at around Mars. Giving new players crappy weapons also forcing the nodes they start with to have ultra-weak enemies, which creates entire zones in the game that higher-level players are expected to go back to for certain missions or challenges, but that are incapable of offering any interesting challenge. In general, making certain weapons deliberately weaker than others just creates weapons that are doomed to be abandoned no matter how cool they look or feel to the player, and being made to abandon the weapon one may have become attached to, all in the name of arbitrary differences in power, isn't a great feeling. Equalizing the power level of weapons across the board, and instead having players unlock quirkier weapons as they progress, rather than just direct upgrades, would likely make for a much more engaging progression curve, and could do a much better job of both drawing in newer players and offering veterans more diversity, without the need for an additional upgrade system.