Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Profit Taker's adds

raven2k01

On 2019-07-26 at 4:41 AM, Autongnosis said:

I agree on a logical standpoint - that kind of warmachine left alone is an easy target. That said from a gameplay perspective having the orb do next to nothing to you (her attack barely ticlkes, she's a knockdown spam bot) is really bad. Like, eidola at least have some attacks that #*!%ing hurt. Orb is a tickler.

If it's a bossfight, it's really bad design to have the ads be the most dangerous part of the fight. It should be, the boss is a main threa and the ads either a) support the boss or b) act as complementary threat.

A great many boss fights are in line with that setup and it makes since. 

Big weapons for big targets but slow movement. PT is even discussed in game as being the watchful threat of the city with near perfect defenses to thwart any thought of attacking it. Nef wasn't expecting tenno interference. In that regard, the support units don't just support the boss fight, they all ARE the boss fight...just as much as PT. 

er. the extra Enemies around Profit-Taker is what makes a lot more Warframes viable for the content (Abilities that need Enemies to work, Et Cetera). they also are the source of Ammo/Energy Pickups in the engagement.....
removing them would be an objectively bad thing.

if you don't want Enemies to be a big part of the engagement, just shoot the Beacons. they have bright red Waypoints to show you where they are, and they have a little bit over 1000HP (i.e. easy to break). just break those and there will be very few Enemies.

if you don't break the Beacons and then complain about there being Enemies there annoying you - well - it's your own fault.

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Obviously didn't read my Response. More Importantly you also don't seem to understand whats the primary function of a video game in general....

You are beyond hope....

I've read your response. Hence, the reply. Maybe you're the one who doesn't understand the purpose of adds. So what if it's a little harder than your usual encounters because of them?

I really do feel sad for people like you for demanding to take something out of the game who can't handle a little inconvenience. I just wonder how you people deal with real life.. 

6 hours ago, 844448 said:

Tell me where I can find a game that has bosses without adds other than dark souls. Also, having adds is not really a problem as a chance to resupply yourself in battle unless you're confident you'll have your archgun ready during PT 5 minutes phase without heavy ammo drop

Great point. And yet another evidence that you (lutesque) really do not get how adds work in games.

Ok how about I play the devil's advocate here and let's say I snap my fingers and adds are gone forever from the PT fight.

BUT... 

You don't get any boss drops nor any after fight rewards.

Gotta keep it balanced. I took away something, you guys gotta give up something.

Thoughts?

Profit-Taker is an unsatisfying fight for a lot of reasons, I think.

It has a lot of ingredients in the mix that largely make it obnoxious rather than tasty.

My least favorite mechanics are...

- Shifting Damage vulnerability and manipulating it with Void damage shots
- the size of the radial Push barriers (smaller and more numerous would be better)
- that the Adds deploy their own Alert beacons rather than being introduced in predetermined waves
- Arch-Gun time-out penalty running during the Final Four Minutes

Were I to change just two things...

- Axe the Shifting Damage vulnerability - it is a very video gamey mechanic; it lacks a level of real world plausibility that some superfuture robot can just decide "Oh, um, I'm only going to take Viral damage right now, mmmkay."
- Adds should be introduced during Pylon segments, and should not deploy Beacons and be able to reinforce themselves

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

On 2019-07-25 at 10:50 PM, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I just chill on top of a mushroom cap. Dummy enemies don't bother me up there. I've solo'd Profit Taker, tho I had to hop off the mushrooms to get ammo from enemies on the ground. In teams, I also chill on the mushrooms, and hop down to revive tenno. Still don't bother me none up there