Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

profit taker fight seems like a buggy mess, am i just missing something?

heek89

Question

So i finally caved in and threw away an orokin catalyst into the dumpster that is an archgun so i can fight the profit taker for the nightwave act that asks you to do that. But when i actually got to the fight it didn't let me switch my weapons or use melee or even combat roll, and it would constantly switch my zenith back to auto after i set it to semi. Furthermore, even though i was destroying all of the reinforcement beacons before they spawned enemies. I would also occasionally just die despite being at half health on inaros(around 2500), and there was no discernable source of this damage. And finally the game just wouldn't let me use finishers on enemies after stunning them, it would just activate my regular attack and not give me the health that i needed from the finisher. The weapon switching, rolling, and abilities were fixed after dying and using one of my revives, but the enemies just kept spawning until we lost because they were just coming from literally nowhere. In general, I'm really annoyed that a boss could be in the game for this long and still have this many game breaking bugs.

23 answers to this question

well the enemies continually spawning is normal. The rest sounds like connection issues with the host. If you were solo then I'd suggest verifying your cache from the warframe launcher just in case and potentially turning down some graphical settings. I have never experienced those issues nor heard of anyone I know experiencing them but they make it sound like either your pc or your connection to the host was really struggling with the fight itself.

The first few bugs you mention about weapon switching and the Zenith don't sound related to Profit Taker. The Zenith switches back to auto automatically when the disc returns, but you probably knew that already.

As for the health issue, the fight just has a lot of damage coming at you nonstop. Even without Beacons lots of enemies teleport in constantly (look for the blue cones of light), and PT herself has a lot of high-damage abilities that she's pretty much constantly firing off, like homing missiles, her face lasers, electric blasts from her legs and her giant cannon. It's easy to get overwhelmed by effects if you don't know what you're looking at, and not taking a lot of damage is pretty much impossible. Overall my strategy is just to spend time killing the normal enemies when my current element can't damage PT, and to frequently rotate around her to force enemies to waste time catching up to you.

38 minutes ago, heek89 said:

So i finally caved in and threw away an orokin catalyst into the dumpster that is an archgun

BEST

OPENING 

STATEMENT

EVER !!! 😄

40 minutes ago, heek89 said:

it didn't let me switch my weapons or use melee or even combat roll, and it would constantly switch my zenith back to auto after i set it to semi. Furthermore, even though i was destroying all of the reinforcement beacons before they spawned enemies. I would also occasionally just die despite being at half health on inaros(around 2500), and there was no discernable source of this damage. And finally the game just wouldn't let me use finishers on enemies after stunning them, it would just activate my regular attack and not give me the health that i needed from the finisher. The weapon switching, rolling, and abilities were fixed after dying and using one of my revives, but the enemies just kept spawning until we lost because they were just coming from literally nowhere. In general, I'm really annoyed that a boss could be in the game for this long and still have this many game breaking bugs.

Sounds like a totally Cluster #*!% of bugs.... I had an eidolon hunt that went the same way too....

There really isn't much you can do about bugs this bad.... well I mean you can post them in the feed back section and DE will respond by nerfing your rivens.... because thats of the utmost priority....

Gara with health conversion, adaptation, and vitality with splinter shield active

Sentinel using synth deconstruct with sweeper p built for fire rate

No deaths if you stay on top of your 2nd power. 

Also, maybe 'your' archweapon is a dumpster but mine can one shot jordas golem and profit taker legs. You get out what you put in. Dont take bottom tier unformad poorly modded gear intended for higher level gameplay. 

Also, as they said, the bugs sound unrelated to the fight. And while they said it nicely that your connection to the host may have been bad, for that to be the case someone either you them or both has to have terrible internet speeds or be playing across vast distances. 

If you spend the time to elevate your archgear, it won't seem like trash. Maybe. Unless you just dont like how any of them handle, thats fair.

My advise even if you have slow net would be set ping limit in options at 100 and be host most of the time. Who cares if the team lags you need to get it done, and as long as you succeed their personal experience is irrelevant. 

Best of luck. 

Profit taker is the worse boss in the game due to it being a mess of constant spawns and distractions. It throws every kind of corpus at you without any rhime or reason, just for the sake of "making it harder"... Which it kinda does, but unlike the kind of difficulty that you want in a game (where players can counter it with skill and planning), you just have to weather the crap fest that is the spawns on Profit taker.

As for a lot of the op's complaints... Well, Archguns are actually pretty good after a couple of forma, and can be fun to use, especially now that enemies on normal maps drop ammo for them. Been having a ton of fun using Fluctus on Infested survivals with Nekros.
As for the rest, it seems like the kind of random bugs you get... I mean, nothing new with Warframe, that random death from full health, or the bug that prevents you from using skills...
The Zenith thing sounds more like you were reflex reloading and losing the disk, which changes the fire mode (happens a lot to me, i have to make a conscious effort to not reload as often so as not to lose the disk, and since you were in a "high stress" fight, sounds like the kind of thing that will happen).

43 minutes ago, heek89 said:

So i finally caved in and threw away an orokin catalyst into the dumpster that is an archgun so i can fight the profit taker for the nightwave act that asks you to do that. But when i actually got to the fight it didn't let me switch my weapons or use melee or even combat roll, and it would constantly switch my zenith back to auto after i set it to semi. 

Probably lag. Not bug.

44 minutes ago, heek89 said:

Furthermore, even though i was destroying all of the reinforcement beacons before they spawned enemies. I would also occasionally just die despite being at half health on inaros(around 2500), and there was no discernable source of this damage.

1- Enemies spawn all the time. Doesn't matter if a beacon is up.

2- In Profit Taker fight. You have a lot of high damage sources. Example: Archgun Corpus or Profit Taker laser.

46 minutes ago, heek89 said:

And finally the game just wouldn't let me use finishers on enemies after stunning them, it would just activate my regular attack and not give me the health that i needed from the finisher. The weapon switching, rolling, and abilities were fixed after dying and using one of my revives, but the enemies just kept spawning until we lost because they were just coming from literally nowhere. In general, I'm really annoyed that a boss could be in the game for this long and still have this many game breaking bugs.

Again. Lag. Enemies will appear from everywhere in tha fight. Not everything is a bug.

5 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Sounds like a totally Cluster #*!% of bugs.... I had an eidolon hunt that went the same way too....

There really isn't much you can do about bugs this bad.... well I mean you can post them in the feed back section and DE will respond by nerfing your rivens.... because thats of the utmost priority....

Oh my you know so much... Didn't know spawning enemies in Profit Taker was a bug...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

Probably lag. Not bug.

Its the same thing as far as im concerned.... the Match Making is bugged.

5 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

Oh my you know so much... Didn't know spawning enemies in Profit Taker was a bug...

It probably was.... and then they just left it in that state....

Just now, Lutesque said:

Its the same thing as far as im concerned.... the Match Making is bugged.

It probably was.... and then they just left it in that state....

If lag is a type of bug, then every game have it. But no. It's not a bug.

And how do you know the spawn rate is a bug? Because looks intentional. Enemies appear from blue lights like in all other Vallis missions.

If you have proof its a bug, then show to me.

16 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

If lag is a type of bug, then every game have it. But no. It's not a bug.

If its every game then its just lag.... but if it only happens In warframe then sorry I say its a bug.

17 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

And how do you know the spawn rate is a bug? Because looks intentional. Enemies appear from blue lights like in all other Vallis missions.

Because when compared to they spawn in literary every other circumstance its completely different. Even when Doing Bounties they don't just spawn non stop. And yet for this Fight they do....

19 minutes ago, -OP-NerevarCM said:

If you have proof its a bug, then show to me

Dido to you too if you have proof that it isn't.... see ? I can do it too....

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Dido to you? What? 

4 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Because when compared to they spawn in literary every other circumstance its completely different. Even when Doing Bounties they don't just spawn non stop. And yet for this Fight they do....

What are these other circumstances you speak of? Is there another place where you can fight the profit taker and actually damage her? The enemies spawn non stop in the profit taker fight, it is true in every single fight I have had with her. 

The spawns get progressively stronger and more frequent with the beacons but they keep coming even if there are no beacons (which is necessary if you want ammo for your AG). 

Your comparison is flawed. 

For the OP: you seem to be having network issues. 

Beacons affect only the level of the enemies, not the spawn rate as far as I know.
Max level for this fight is 165 and if you let them be for a couple of minutes they will easily get to it and begin to dish out a little bit more than a tickle even for inaros.

The other problems seem like a lag/connection issue.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

What are these other circumstances you speak of? Is there another place where you can fight the profit taker and actually damage her? The enemies spawn non stop in the profit taker fight, it is true in every single fight I have had with her. 

Do you not know what "Other Cirmstances" means ? 

If you're doing the Profit Taker than thats not another circumstance.... thats just the same circumstance eith the same bugs....

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The spawns get progressively stronger and more frequent with the beacons but they keep coming even if there are no beacons (which is necessary if you want ammo for your AG). 

Not an issue with The Corvas.... well.... thst was until I recently switched to using Exodia Contagion instead of Redeemer Prime.... it became an issue when I would clear the shield phase in less than 10 Seconds.....

In any case.... the one shot nature if the Corvas coupled with its high ammo reserve means you get minimum down time on your Heavy weapon cool down.... unless if you're not using Chroma.... 

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Your comparison is flawed.

Your comprehension is flawed...

12 hours ago, Lutesque said:

If its every game then its just lag.... but if it only happens In warframe then sorry I say its a bug.

WHAT? Not all games are peer to peer. Doesn't matter if you have good internet in Warframe if you get a horrible host. This is not a bug. Anyone can get a sh*tty conection with a sh*tty host.

Why don't you compare the spawn with other open world boss fights? Like Exploiter throwing spider everytime both in underground and coolant spiders in the surface?

Or Eidolons spawning Vomvalists all the time? Its a bug too?

Its a fcking boss fight, OFC the spawn will be different than normal gameplay. But if you try to capture a base in Vallis, enemies will spawn all the time while the time runs up. Like in the PT

Bounties aren't boss fights.

I have proof. 

1- All other Open World area boss fights have "infinite" spawn of enemies to maintain a steady spawn of resources and ammo. Example: Exploiter Orb for coolant, Eidolon for cores/mechanics, like the Profit Taker that spawn enemies for all types of ammo.

2- Spawn rate in Profit Taker is "infinite" during all the fight, everytime you go in that fight. Its consistent and not something that only happens sometimes.

3- DE fixed a lot of problems with Profit Taker fight, spawn rate wasn't one of them. DE fixed a lot of problems with Fortuna, including spawn rates for normal missions. But PT spawn rate wasn't changed. So...

4- When Profit Taker dies, the enemies stop spawning, and they only start spawning when you get close to the Orb.

5- DE reduced the knockback rate for a lot of enemies in that fight but not the spawn rate.

All this confirms the spawn rate in that fight is intentional and not a bug.

Now show me your proof.

Edited by -OP-NerevarCM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Do you not know what "Other Cirmstances" means ? 

If you're doing the Profit Taker than thats not another circumstance.... thats just the same circumstance eith the same bugs....

i have no idea what "Other Cirmstances" mean unless you actually mean "circumstances" ,

You: profit taker is bugged cause enemies spawn non stop

Me: thats not a bug , its intended.

You : enemies dont spawn non stop anywhere else .

Me: yes , they dont , and neither does the profit taker that can be damaged - it is the intention of the mission to spawn them nonstop not a bug.

If you are saying its a bug with profit taker , why would you compare it with anything else that does not have profit taker in it?

Do you actually think of what you are trying to say before you put words down?

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Your comrehension is flawed...

is it? perhaps you would like to explain how it is actually a bug for profit taker and i will try to keep up, unless you lack the means and ability to explain things clearly.

Going to echo/confirm that 90% of your problems are connection related, either with the host your your own. Ive experienced all the same issues multitudes of times while playing with a crappy host, but have also had runs where I've run into none of those issues. 

The large amount of Enemies, as stated, is par for the course though. Its one of the ways they make the fight 'hard', all you can do is either constantly move around or build more tank. The instant death is probably just all of the damage of an instance catching up to you at once, again, lag. 

Id try it out solo, if not to beat it just to see if all of these issues translate to solo. If so, it might just be do to the fact that the fight/fortuna is just still horribly optimized, and your computer just chugs to much for it specifically to run properly. I know i have that issue sometimes as well, have to close all my programs and just pray my computer likes me sometimes to actually run the fight with how horribly optimized it is for the mount of stuff it throws at you. So again, try it solo, see how it runs, if it seems fine, then either try to be host before opening it up to strangers or just pray for good host

One of the Corpus units you really need to watch out for when they spawn in are blue and white Corpus holding a Fluctus Archgun.  Most of the time, that's where you get one shotted from.  Their weakness however is that they are slow, so you can bulletjump out of their way and kill them quick, but that's not always the case.  They are the ones, IMO, that make this boss fight much harder.

16 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Warframe uses a Peer to Peer Connection system, you don't connect to Warframe servers, but to a host player. So if that player has a poor connection, or even just a high geographic distance to you, you'll experience lag.

• Like 2

ORB VALIS IS BUGGY AS F*CK !!!!!!!!

God Dammit DE -- if you are going to push a Nightwave Task on players then at the very god damned least -- take the time to get away from your ivory white tower that is your dev environment and go somewhere similar to the rest of us to test out the frakking gameplay.

The Profit Taker missions is unstable and buggy. Constant Desyncing.  Contant loss of weapon usage or abilities.  Cannot switch between Frame and Operator. Constant character freezing / getting stuck in tghe middle of nothing.  Unable to move or switch to Archwing while NPCs still somehow manage to damage and kill your character.  Frakking Host Migrations are a nightmare as they happen at random and then when the migration ends -- ALL of your current ailities stacks are completely gone.  THis doesn't matter much on low level missions -- but when you're fighting the big a** profit taker and getting your a** handed to you in the time it take to recover -- even a high level / well built warframe dies.\

Everyone is god damned crying about the next new feature for the game -- BUT there is no point to any more new features if the game IS UNSTABLE.

Loading into a mission might fail as you select the mission type (in this case and for the context of this post -- profit taker -- BUT ANY mission in Orb Valis AND PLains of Eidolon do the same thing) then travel out to Valis expecting to see the mission begin (I will not even mention being tossed half way into an existing mission) only to see NOTHING.  No minimap -- No mission indicators.  No other players (and ytet somehow they are in the session).

FIX THE GAME -- IT IS BROKEN __ Staring with PLAINS -- the game began showing serious problems.  Adding VALIS and GAS CITY has severely f*cked the experience up.  And now we're on the edge of adding in Railjack -- WHICH WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS !!!!!

I spent more time fighting the god damned game issues then it actually took to run any mission for Nightwave. Leaving the Profit Taker for the end.  I have mostly AVOIDED VALIS and the PLAINS due to the constant crashing / desyncing and many many other issues that DE is constantly failing to address.  Those components of the game might be fun if they worked.  But who the hell knows.

[PS -- Sanctuary Onslaught is also as f*cked up as the rework and the 2 open world areas.]

Host-migration is bullsh*t and DE needs tro address this specifically across the game. DE neds to find another way to allow players to engage in CO-OP play that does not involved being forced onto the connection of someone that might as well be using dial-up only to drop out mid-session. OR at the very least -- allow existing players that remain and get migrated to NOT lose their ability stacks in the middle of a high level match.

I appreciate that DE does in fact push out regular updates to the game -- but selling a broken toy -- no matter how great it might bne -- is still selling a broken toy and you need to fix the broken toy.

On 2019-07-26 at 7:49 PM, ReaverKane said:

Warframe uses a Peer to Peer Connection system, you don't connect to Warframe servers, but to a host player. So if that player has a poor connection, or even just a high geographic distance to you, you'll experience lag.

This isn't good for me since I lve in South Africa and we don't have our own region....

When setting matchmaking to auto it connects me to the Europe Servers and players. I think the furthest connection I had was to a player in Serbia but last night I was in a group with someone in East Asia....

Its nice meeting people from all over the world...

I just did 3 rounds of profit taker with others for the fun of it. But god damn, that was no fun at all. Archgun deployment not working half the time mixed with operator server side lag.. Getting randomly stuck on a dead profit taker.. I can deal with the chaos of the enemies, but not while unable to umm.. "operate" as intended. >.>